Page 114 of 131 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 3914

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm seriously not meaning to sound like I'm bashing @zecho, I just hate Vampire Weekend
    I feel totally indifferent towards Vampire Weekend. What I hate is the constant, almost universal praise of that band. Rolling Stone gave their new album 4.5/5 stars, Pitchfork was 8/10 (which I thought was on the low side for Pitchfork). And I just don't get it. If Vampire Weekend were a sandwich, it would be two pieces of white bread with fat-free mayonnaise.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I feel totally indifferent towards Vampire Weekend. What I hate is the constant, almost universal praise of that band. Rolling Stone gave their new album 4.5/5 stars, Pitchfork was 8/10 (which I thought was on the low side for Pitchfork). And I just don't get it. If Vampire Weekend were a sandwich, it would be two pieces of white bread with fat-free mayonnaise.
    i feel similarly towards The Strokes - total universal praise and I don’t hate them but they’re not that good

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    i feel similarly towards The Strokes - total universal praise and I don’t hate them but they’re not that good
    Agreed. Strokes, Hives, Black Keys, White Stripes--meh.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I Feel dirty , I listened a nickelback song , (burn it to the ground) and it was kind of catchy

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    I Feel dirty , I listened a nickelback song , (burn it to the ground) and it was kind of catchy
    I’d just as soon listen to How You Remind Me than songs by The Strokes. The hate for Nickelback is just weird and excessive. Could be because I’m not American or Canadian though so I don’t know whether they were overhyped or overplayed in their time. I have a real dislike of Oasis because I’m from the same area they are, near Manchester, UK and the hype for them and all Britpop was just fucking overwhelming and irritating, thus I have a palpable hatred of a lot of Britpop which people here probably love and think they’re edgy for seeking something out, in fact I’m sure people think Oasis and Blur are UNDERrated which just would blow my mind, but it’s a different perspective

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I will slap myself unconscious if you can find me a Nickelback song that I like half as much as Under Cover of Darkness by The Strokes, and I'm not even going to pretend to be a fan
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-10-2019 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I dunno, Scarborough Fair as being one of the most obnoxious things ever, and not even a thousand Bridge Over Troubled Waters will make up for it.
    Dude, “The Boxer” is fucking great, though.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Agreed. Strokes, Hives, Black Keys, White Stripes--meh.
    The fact that The Black Keys’ latest album is just called “Let’s Rock” makes me cringe. How...lame.

I REALLY enjoyed Brothers. It was the first material of theirs I’d ever heard, and everything outside of that has been really hit or miss for me. I had the chance to see them live at Cain’s Ballroom in Tulsa (4 hour drive at the time) in 2010 before they become a nearly arena-exclusive rock band, but couldn’t make the show. Haven’t been bothered to see them at all since then - and they’ve played within half an hour away from me like three times now. The “meh” factor is strong.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I can safely say, looking back at all the indie bands from a decade ago my friends at the time adored (so i had to watch) none of them appealed to me then...and defiantly not now. Though i wouldn't say they all outright suck, they aren't the best thing since the Beatles either!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Some good bands came out from that time frame I enjoy like The White Stripes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and TV On The Radio. It’s not all shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And I'd just say if you're a guitarist, The Strokes have the goods. Perhaps listen...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Dude, “The Boxer” is fucking great, though.
    Yeah I’m mostly playing, and I also love Mrs Robinson, Kodachrome, Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard, I am a Rock...

but 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover and You Can Call Me Al suck so bad

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    And I'd just say if you're a guitarist, The Strokes have the goods. Perhaps listen...

I’m not a guitarist but are you joking? What was so great about the guitars in that? And no @Jinsai that song undercover wherever was not better than Nickelback

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I’m not a guitarist but are you joking? What was so great about the guitars in that? And no @Jinsai that song undercover wherever was not better than Nickelback
    I disagree but I’m not going to play deep defense for the Strokes, but I will say their guitar work can be pretty great. There’s one song in particular on that First Impressions Of Earth album that was really impressive, but I don’t remember the name of it, so I guess that wasn’t too helpful. Overall though, I liked that album.

EDIT: I'm listening again, and the song Vision of Division has some great and unconventional guitar work on it, and it's a great track.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-10-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post

One of my favorite songs to play on Guitar Hero. Love the charting on it. The song's alright too.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    The fact that The Black Keys’ latest album is just called “Let’s Rock” makes me cringe. How...lame.

I REALLY enjoyed Brothers. It was the first material of theirs I’d ever heard, and everything outside of that has been really hit or miss for me. I had the chance to see them live at Cain’s Ballroom in Tulsa (4 hour drive at the time) in 2010 before they become a nearly arena-exclusive rock band, but couldn’t make the show. Haven’t been bothered to see them at all since then - and they’ve played within half an hour away from me like three times now. The “meh” factor is strong.
    Ugh, couldn't agree more. Attack and Release is probably my favorite release from them, and Brothers was a nice surprise. El Camino was eh, but True Blue I seemed to enjoy more with 10 Lovers being one of my favorite Black Keys tracks. The latest material sounds like them on autopilot, along with that terrible album name I just discovered reading this thread.

I've always wanted to see them live, but depending on what the rest of the album sounds like, that's a big maybe.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    RE: Black Keys/White Stripes/Strokes--they don't suck, some good songs, some decent albums, it's just not all that amazing, imho. Compared to every decade from the second half of the 20th century, the 00's and the 10's just isn't all that amazing. I've heard people say you have to look for it, but no, I don't agree. There isn't a Chuck Berry, Sinatra, Dylan, Lennon, Hendrix, Cobain or Reznor that has emerged from this millennium.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I don't know if I should put this video here
    I love Ann's voice, but this cover is not for me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah that wasn't good. I appreciate the new instrumentation but the vocal style was off the mark.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I swear I'm cursed with hearing terrible music at work. On that note Hollywood Undead still makes terrible music.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I went to the doctors today and in the waiting room a video of a woman having a stroke was playing alongside this song

it seemed strangely apt. This was in the charts while I worked in a shop that played the radio, relentlessly ‘sunny’ and bland. I hate it

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    I swear I'm cursed with hearing terrible music at work. On that note Hollywood Undead still makes terrible music.
    thats terrible. Do you work at a Hot Topic or Journeys, but the year is 2009?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    thats terrible. Do you work at a Hot Topic or Journeys, but the year is 2009?
    Dish kid at work has been rocking the same play list for like a week. His speaker is just off the line maybe 15 feet away. Im gonna try and dig up an extension cord so he put it in the dish pit I can.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I think I'm going to do a little experiment with the radio at work. I'm going to list all the songs they play on my shift, then cross them off when they're played the next day...

Stupid CanCon with your Bryan Adams and Tom Cochrane and Trooper every hour...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I fucking hate Drake and my wife plays him all the time. She's playing him via AirPlay right now and I want to break her phone to stop the music. His voice is one of the most annoying sounds I've ever heard and it makes me want to punch him in the throat repeatedly. His "music" is the most basic, uninspired, boring shit I have ever heard. And on top of all that, he's phony and a total bandwagoneer. I don't understand how anyone loves him let alone likes him.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    (I really like Drake)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    RE: Drake -

Edit: Just wanted to say Twenty One Pilots is garbage. Again. I’ll never forget meeting someone who insisted that everyone is a poser because they latched onto them when they got popular with...this song.

“Sometimes a certain smell will take me back to when I was young
    How come I’m never able to identify where it’s coming from
    I’d make a candle out of it if I ever found it
    Try to sell it, never sell out of it, I’d probably only sell one”

YUH”
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-17-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Drake and his music is straight up garbage. Not sure if he was in Milwaukee tonight but hope his fake ass never steps foot in this town. Like Klyrish said though, he’ll Velcro his nut sack to whatever team is the latest and greatest. Surprised he isn’t repping Oaktown at this point.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Considering his contemporaries in mainstream commercial hip hop, he's like fucking Jay-Z compared to these trap & mumble clowns. Not saying he is a true lyrical rapper on that level in any way, i'm just saying he's much easier to tolerate song-wise than a Future, Rich the Kid, Blueface, Migos, etc. Sure, guys like J Cole & Meek are better in that world, but Drake and his team can craft a song. And they have a great ear for beats.

Yes outside of his music, his personality & alot of his actions are clownish & I don't think he's a good guy or cool in any way. He's SUCH a tryhard. Still has plenty of good songs in the mainstream world of hip hop:

Admittedly The Weeknd is what makes this song...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    plenty of garbage too, don't get me wrong:

ruins a very good beat with his tough guy silliness and yelling random words throughout this: