Page 125 of 131 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 3914

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Why is he dressed like Regina George's mom?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Ah, you guys don't know the half of it.

We Europeans have Eurovision Song Contest.
    Challenge you to beat that in terms of cringeworthy, embarrassing music. I'm not sure anyone could sit and watch through that sober.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    Ah, you guys don't know the half of it.

We Europeans have Eurovision Song Contest.
    Challenge you to beat that in terms of cringeworthy, embarrassing music. I'm not sure anyone could sit and watch through that sober.
    Oh, we knew about this a long time ago:
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...urovision-2013

It's always been about the full visual presentation with the dancers and costumes and gimmicks rather than the actual songs, at least in the modern times.
    My sister's a huge fan and attended like 10 or 15 of those things in a row (pre-Covid years of course), and through her I've heard some tracks over the years. There are some good pop/pop-rock songs in there every year, but they are a minority.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Oh, we knew about this a long time ago:
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...urovision-2013

It's always been about the full visual presentation with the dancers and costumes and gimmicks rather than the actual songs, at least in the modern times.
    My sister's a huge fan and attended like 10 or 15 of those things in a row (pre-Covid years of course), and through her I've heard some tracks over the years. There are some good pop/pop-rock songs in there every year, but they are a minority.
    Yeah, but it's all the Europeans on there... I don't think this atrocity has spread across the ocean yet. It could probably compete with the highly educational reality TV shows people watch these days, haha.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Just going to leave this here....New Feldawg single and its a doozy

I can't believe he had the nerve to release another song (and presumably an album) after that last "album" he made. Proof money allows anyone to do anything they desire.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    they keep saying money doesn't buy happiness but god damn life continues proving them wrong.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Just going to leave this here....New Feldawg single and its a doozy

I kinda want his velour hoody and matching sweatpants. In pink. It's not quite a track suit.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Oh man, I just heard DC Talk's "Jesus Freak" for the first time in a long time. Holy shit, it's as bad as I remember, including sounding a lot like an octave up SLTS. So bad.

I need to cover it as "Satan Freak."

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    On mobile so I can't figure out how to copy just the image link here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/commen...m_source=share

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    How is the Limp Bizkit thread still on the front page?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    How is the Limp Bizkit thread still on the front page?
    Most of its arguing if they’re dogshit or not so I wouldn’t be worried by it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

What is there to argue about? 🤨

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm far more humored than worried. It's going to be a Manson thread soon.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    On mobile so I can't figure out how to copy just the image link here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/commen...m_source=share
    no longer on mobile so I figure I can make it a proper post:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    What in the Blue Hell is this?

Musically, it sounds like a song from a run-of-the-mill romcom. It probably stars Vince Vaughn and Mila Kunis.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

This is godawful.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post

This is godawful.
    When Nu-metal is your bread and butter 20 years after relevancy.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Drake.

Drake is the Bon Jovi of hip hop.

He's the Nickleback of hip hop.

If hip hop was a hamburger, it'd be Kobe style Beef with foie gras, sauteed onions, melted swiss, avocado, and a bit of lime, on a lightly buttered toasted bun, (or whatever your dream hamburger happens to be, be it an In and Out Animal Style, or a double bacon with cheese from Whataburger.)

Drake, in this equation, is a McDouble.

Don't get me wrong. I LIKE a couple McDoubles every now and then. It's... It's OK. It's cheap. It tastes like it was made by votes from a committee.

If I were a cartoon, I would expect a cartoon hamburger to taste like a McDouble, and cartoon rock music to sound like Bon Jovi, and cartoon hip hop to sound like Drake.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I don't get Drake--sounds like everything else.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Drake.

If hip hop was a hamburger, it'd be Kobe style Beef with foie gras, sauteed onions, melted swiss, avocado, and a bit of lime, on a lightly buttered toasted bun, (or whatever your dream hamburger happens to be, be it an In and Out Animal Style, or a double bacon with cheese from Whataburger.)

Don't get me wrong. I LIKE a couple McDoubles every now and then. It's... It's OK. It's cheap. It tastes like it was made by votes from a committee.

If I were a cartoon, I would expect a cartoon hamburger to taste like a McDouble, and cartoon rock music to sound like Bon Jovi, and cartoon hip hop to sound like Drake.
    I get each to their own and everything, but I cannot for the life of me understand how Drake got so famous, rich & popular with what I've heard on the radio over here. It blows my mind to see so much better talent on smaller levels while people like Drake dominate the streaming charts & playlists.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    I get each to their own and everything, but I cannot for the life of me understand how Drake got so famous, rich & popular with what I've heard on the radio over here. It blows my mind to see so much better talent on smaller levels while people like Drake dominate the streaming charts & playlists.
    And yet, he's breaking Beatles records right and left.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    And yet, he's breaking Beatles records right and left.
    I cant associate his name to one song i have ever heard. While popular, he is avoidable.

edit- sorry, meant to quote dude above you.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    You can say that about 90% of the dogshit that becomes mainstream. Not saying I have superior music taste and it's subjective but some of this stuff truly baffles me why it reaches the levels of fame that it does.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Drake.

I entered here for shit music discussion, and left wanting lunch.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orson thrust View Post
    I cant associate his name to one song i have ever heard. While popular, he is avoidable.

edit- sorry, meant to quote dude above you.
    You know, that's one interesting thing about music today.
    They calculate Billboard by using "album equivalent units" or something like that, which includes streaming numbers and YouTube and such, I think.
    Because we've gone digital, most EVERYTHING is avoidable. I don't think there will ever be another artist to like, universally permeate public consciousness the way, say, MJ or the Beatles did.

Hell, we had to drive three hours to the doctor yesterday and listened to a Pearl Jam station on satellite radio the whole time, and I mean, it's 95% JUST Pearl Jam, with a bit of Mudhoney and Temple of the Dog thrown in.

That's some micro niche shit right there, isn't it?

But, yeah. Man, Drake's got some good songs. He's just ridiculously mediocre. Also, people write his songs for him. I mean, I know that's true with a lot of artists from a lot of genres over the years, but hip hop is supposed to be a little different.

He's like the lowest common denominator of what's tolerable and inoffensive to the highest number of people.
    I guess that applies to a lot of artists in that 90% you mentioned.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-28-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    but some of this stuff truly baffles me why it reaches the levels of fame that it does.
    I mean... A quick look around in public will give you a clearer answer on that one lol...

What I wish would die is a low IQ person driving purposely slow around a parking lot in their 1999 ford explorer, while it rattles the peaceful people around them blasting barely mediocre Drake drivel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Okay....

I'm afraid to click play.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    No doubt. It looks like a Gwen Stefani/Just a Girl Karen getting ready to tell you why those guys shouldn't be there.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Bitch she gets her money! lmao