Page 7 of 131 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I think the only album I actually liked off that list was Speakerboxxx/The Love Below. Pretty sure I bought Meteora but I'm sure I gave it away years ago.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm just glad Evanescence has the top rock album, and not Nickleback. I'm no big fan of them, but they were a bit refreshing amid all the super misogynistic tone of bands at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I'm just glad Evanescence has the top rock album, and not Nickleback.
    You're welcome

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I'm just glad Evanescence has the top rock album, and not Nickleback. I'm no big fan of them, but they were a bit refreshing amid all the super misogynistic tone of bands at the time.
    Small mercies.

I'll admit, I owned Meteora. Though I didn't contribute to its place on the list because it's a US sales only chart.

Phew. Conscience a little bit less guilty.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    And I can gladly confess that I cried to "My Immortal" and "October" a few times, in my heart-broken (and short-lived fortunately) "emo" period.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Speakerboxxx/Love Below is amazing and deserves every single sale it got. As for Meteora, I remember it having its defenders, back in the day. Some critics, writers, music obsessives, and other people I knew or read who made their ways in life on their exquisite taste came around to talk about Meteora as being this great pop record. It was compared to Depeche Mode, with hip-hop beats and distorted guitars. I don't buy that, personally, but I do think "Breaking the Habit" is a killer single, even if nothing they did before or since comes close.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So I hear Madonna and Nicky Minaj have new albums out. Why? Has our society been so bad we're deserving of this?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    So I hear Madonna and Nicky Minaj have new albums out. Why? Has our society been so bad we're deserving of this?
    It's because people are stupid enough to think that these records are the hippest records to party to. One's by an aging whore and the other is by a talentless freakazoid.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm beginning to hate Nicki Minaj more and more as the months go by.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Dont you hate it when artists who suck write really good songs? Especially when its Nickelback? I have had a near autistic obsession with music my whole life i have about 40.000 songs mostly electronica on two ipods. Have loads of embarrassing stuff, but this is the sort of thing if i was to admit to liking people would immediately think i was a bed wetter. If i was to put on the Macerena or the Spice Girls people would laugh . But if i was to play this, there is no comedy in it whatsoever. Which is a shame.
    But this track by Nickelback came on in a place the other day. And i really FELT it, i really liked it. So i downloaded it and i cant stop listening to it....Its called LEADER OF MEN and it was on their first record, i dont know much about Nickelback or really give a shit about them, except they are seen as really lame by some. Sort of like a present day Eagles. Apparently this is from their first record.
    But its really an emotional, chugging, surging, post grunge track recorded in 1999! It really gets me going, but i feel i have to keep this track to myself. Its a man who feels he cant live up to the stereotype on manhood which has been set out before him LOL.
    Its better than a lot of the other post-grunge, Nu Metal Shite from that period it was released in. When Chad sings 'dream of ways to get higher' it gets really powerful...lol I love it. im not ashamed.

Its all about 1.40

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    At least The Eagles (who I fucking hate) had Joe Walsh and Don Henly, Nickelback is awful. They're like REO Speedwagon, modern day arena cock rock with no substance.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Well, that happened.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Musically it's decent but his voice is a poor. As always.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    At least The Eagles (who I fucking hate) had Joe Walsh and Don Henly, Nickelback is awful. They're like REO Speedwagon, modern day arena cock rock with no substance.
    REO had some great songs in the 70's, until their awesomeness died from power ballad-overdose.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Except that REO Speedwagon were actually quite tolerable in comparison to Nickelturd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This thread alone has made for some great reading! Thank you for affirming my belief in the fact that most music today is shite.

Here's my donation to this conversation: Gwen Stefani. Her cover of "It's My Life" made my ears bleed.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highly Psychological View Post
    Nickelback... Sort of like a present day Eagles.
    Does not compute.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    There's nothing to compare Nickleback to, really. One can make the argument, that while the Seattle bands are held responsible for killing off hair metal, Nickleback (and Creed) took the identifying elements of grunge and mixed it with the posturing and weak song-writing most identified with hair metal. It's the snake eating it's own tail.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It's weird, there really is nothing that compares. It's like they are to rock music what Insane Clown Posse are to rap (only less unintentionally funny).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I remember back in 2006 when DragonForce was the "fad" band. It seemed everyone around me would listen to them while playing video games like Smash Bros. on the Gamecube. Then, they just disappeared from their playlists, and they were quickly forgotten by all of us.

Now, they look back on them, and they seem more like a hair-metal band that people were embarrassed to listen to...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    I remember back in 2006 when DragonForce was the "fad" band. It seemed everyone around me would listen to them while playing video games like Smash Bros. on the Gamecube. Then, they just disappeared from their playlists, and they were quickly forgotten by all of us.

Now, they look back on them, and they seem more like a hair-metal band that people were embarrassed to listen to...
    They're the quintessential modern day nerd metal band. Almost every douche I know of that likes them is one of the unfortunate bunch and ended up becoming a fan due to Guitar Hero.

I can recall one time this loser kid in my english class in 11th grade was listening to music and I heard loud guitars and drums. I asked what he was listening to and he said 'metal.' I said that's up my alley, who? He said 'I doubt you've heard of them." I go, try me. He said "DragonForce."

I laughed hard. One of my favorite High School memories.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

/thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think I lol'd a little to hard. WTF!?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    I think I lol'd a little to hard. WTF!?
    Is this a joke? I feel old.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I really really hate this guys:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I really really hate this guys:

I hate it too. I so want to beat Adam Levine to a bloody pulp. Most of all, for butchering NIN's "Closer".

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's not bad I like "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5 or anything.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    God, fucking Linkin Park...
    This says more than I could:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm so fucking sick of this song:

It's played everywhere by everyone: iPods, cars, commercials, etc. It's only popular because of James because frankly her sample is the only part I ever hear.