Page 102 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 3920

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

It disturbs me that ed sheeran sucks my soul out while scrolling through the Tapatalk app.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    In case some of you missed it in the other spoilerfull thread.

Deadpool and Celine Dion :

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    In case some of you missed it in the other spoilerfull thread.

Deadpool and Celine Dion :

Hey, that wasn't shitty. That was pretty good and funny.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Come on, @elevenism, we all know this is the future of Coachella:

Lol lol
    it has SIXTY FIVE MILLION VIEWS.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Heres the thing about Ed Sheeran imo

I don't honestly mind him that much, i do think his has a nice voice and he can play his own stuff.

I just don't really see the popularly about him. My guess is the same reason about Bieber back then.

He is a ladies man.

Im also pretty sure Ed wasnt planning on becoming this popular, its not like he asked for this kind of fame so you cant really blame him for that.

However i don't think he is like...everything wrong with music. There is certainty better music, but its not all that as far as things go.

I can say that he is an incredibly caring and nice person..no questions about that, that dude cares a bunch and i respect him for that.

Not my music, but its not the worst thing ever, trust me, as hard as it is to believe, even i have my limits on musical taste, but Ed is far from horrible IMO

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Heres the thing about Ed Sheeran imo

I don't honestly mind him that much, i do think his has a nice voice and he can play his own stuff.

I just don't really see the popularly about him. My guess is the same reason about Bieber back then.

He is a ladies man.

Im also pretty sure Ed wasnt planning on becoming this popular, its not like he asked for this kind of fame so you cant really blame him for that.

However i don't think he is like...everything wrong with music. There is certainty better music, but its not all that as far as things go.

I can say that he is an incredibly caring and nice person..no questions about that, that dude cares a bunch and i respect him for that.

Not my music, but its not the worst thing ever, trust me, as hard as it is to believe, even i have my limits on musical taste, but Ed is far from horrible IMO
    I get what you’re saying, and mostly agree. Unfortunately Ive had the dis-pleasure or hearing some of his non-radio stuff. It’s worse than the stuff that’s easily accessible out there. (Is Thinking Out Loud really that bad of a song? No!)

Agree to disagree about the ladies man thing. Personally don’t think he’s got it. Yes, looks aren’t everything but he’s scary to look at lol. And the tats aren’t him. John Meyers got the ladies man thing going on, for better or worse.

Holy crap, we’re a bunch of judgementl assholes on this forum aren’t we?

EDIT: and I think we can thank Taylor Swift for this dudes popularity. Prettty sure be Joe’s up opening for her.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i've said it before -- the dude is so harmless, and honestly can write a harmony. if you don't listen to fm radio, program spotify or apple music to a modern pop station, he's easy to avoid. yep, he's kind of sight for sore eyes, but fer the love, find something else to hate.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i've said it before -- the dude is so harmless, and honestly can write a harmony. if you don't listen to fm radio, program spotify or apple music to a modern pop station, he's easy to avoid. yep, he's kind of sight for sore eyes, but fer the love, find something else to hate.
    I dunno about that... I do work doing live sound for random venues. It's rare that the bumper music doesn't include something insipid by him, or that one of the top-40 cover bands that I'm mixing are gonna do a terrible cover. I don't listen to FM Radio or let my internet radio go on autopilot, but after hearing that "I'm in Love With Your Body" song for the billionth time, I finally had to find out who was responsible for creating that shit.

..and of course, it's that cabbage patch hobbit.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    your circumstance, @Jinsai , is kinda unique.

i'll add the following: if you're shopping at the gap, expect to hear him. if you eat at red robin, expect to hear him. if he bothers you so much, boycott the joint. or stfu and eat your burger like a normal person and get on with your life.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    your circumstance, @Jinsai, is kinda unique.

i'll add the following: if you're shopping at the gap, expect to hear him. if you eat at red robin, expect to hear him. if he bothers you so much, boycott the joint. or stfu and eat your burger like a normal person and get on with your life.
    It's kinda hard to boycott the drug store, the grocery store, work, affordable fast food in general, department stores, the dentist... I'm not going to let Ed Sheeran dictate where I buy my fabric softener. I'll just choose to hate him.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I dunno, Sheeran is on my Coffee House station a lot; I don’t hate him, don’t love him, his voice is soothing, his lyrics are romantic, I see his appeal, not for ME PERSONALLY but ...

Yesterday, G and I were at Home Depot buying some storage shelves and G was lamenting (or perhaps applauding) his total lack of knowledge of pop music, he said his cousin’s kid said on FB that her fave artist is Demi Lovato; and G goes, “Who is Demi Lovato??”

And I had to explain Demi Lovato, she was a Disney star, blah blah blah ...

So I say, ok, do you know who this is, playing now?

On the Home Depot PA was Ed Sheeran’s “Thinking Out Loud”

And G says I dunno, but it sounds like “Shitty John Mayer.”

Lol lol

He doesn’t like John Mayer.

Or Jason Mraz, or Jack Johnson ...

But at least John Mayer can play guitar.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-03-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Can't we just say that Ed Sheerhan just plainly fucking sucks? I'll quote what God told Tony Wilson. "It's a shame you didn't sign the Smiths but you were right about Mick Hucknall. His music is rubbish and he's a ginger".

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I think it’s hard to say he sucks cause he looks like Charlie Brown

So that’s like saying Charlie Brown sucks

So then you’re saying your whole childhood sucks

And Charlie Brown Christmas sucks

And Snoopy sucks

So Ed Sheeran is capitalizing on that

He’s using that to earn money and get chicks

“Oh God I think you’re wildly unattractive but if I reject you I’m rejecting Snoopy so I guess I’ll give you head on your tour bus”

And now Ed is a millionaire Charlie Brown based on guilt

It’s brilliant, really

And it makes “I’m in Love with Your Body” weird; is it about Lucy? Snoopy? Peppermint Patty?
    Last edited by allegro; 05-03-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    John Mayer is like someone who struck a cursed deal with the devil... "I want to be a great guitarist!"

"Done! However, mwahahahaha, your songwriting abilities will be limited to whimpery blue-eyed soul, bland ball-less blues, and sex jams for virgins!!!!"

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I wouldn't compare Charlie Brown to that no-talent ginger. Charlie Brown at least never gave up whenever he tried to kick Lucy in the face. And let's be honest, Lucy deserved to be kicked in the face for pulling the football on him all the time.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    John Mayer is like someone who struck a cursed deal with the devil... "I want to be a great guitarist!"

"Done! However, mwahahahaha, your songwriting abilities will be limited to whimpery blue-eyed soul, bland ball-less blues, and sex jams for virgins!!!!"
    that's the best description of john mayer i've ever heard

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I need to know how someone like John Mayer has any appeal whatsoever, musically or otherwise. I find that kind of soft acoustic rock to be...upsetting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that's the best description of john mayer i've ever heard
    Agreed. He actually makes James Taylor interesting by comparison.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Violent n Delicious on the old board (Jaimie, who’s been around here forever and is adorable and apparently knows such things) says it is really well-known in the industry that John Mayer has a HUGE magic schwanz

G thinks of him as a competent guitarist, with a big dick
    Last edited by allegro; 05-03-2018 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I feel like i should know who you’re referring to when you say “G”.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

I dunno, that Body is a Wonderland song is hot.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    I feel like i should know who you’re referring to when you say “G”.
    Sorry, you’re kinda new ... I’ve been here 14 years ... G is my legendary husband :-)

G just said, ok, while we are at it: what’s so great about John Legend?
    Last edited by allegro; 05-03-2018 at 11:34 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sorry, you’re kinda new ... I’ve been here 14 years ... G is my legendary husband :-)
    Ah, good to know

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Violent n Delicious on the old board (Jaimie, who’s been around here forever and is adorable and apparently knows such things) says it is really well-known in the industry that John Mayer has a HUGE magic schwanz

G thinks of him as a competent guitarist, with a big dick

G just said, ok, while we are at it: what’s so great about John Legend?
    john mayer, in an interview with playboy, claimed his dick is racist...which i guess he didn't quite get makes him racist?

I don’t think I open myself to it. My dick is sort of like a white supremacist. I’ve got a Benetton heart and a fuckin’ David Duke cock.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Omg wtf

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Can't we just say that Ed Sheerhan just plainly fucking sucks? I'll quote what God told Tony Wilson. "It's a shame you didn't sign the Smiths but you were right about Mick Hucknall. His music is rubbish and he's a ginger".
    Why are you so fucking angry? Honest question, your always so pissed off that i have a hard time trying to reason with you.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Why are you so fucking angry? Honest question, your always so pissed off that i have a hard time trying to reason with you.
    i think you're conflating anger with passion. but he also has a blog called "guido's fuckrant page"

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i think you're conflating anger with passion. but he also has a blog called "guido's fuckrant page"
    I mean...hes welcome to his opinions but its comes off so arrogant and dickish that it's hard to side with him

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Omg wtf
    but wait, it gets better!

Listen to him try to apologize for that interview, where he basically tries to make it sound like people just couldn't understand that he was trying to be an intellectual, and the big problem here is that he was arrogant!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I mean...hes welcome to his opinions but its comes off so arrogant and dickish that it's hard to side with him
    That’s just an online persona that’s not atypical in music forums, because sarcasm is hard to detect online. Really, it’s dripping with sarcasm, once you get tuned in to online sarcasm.

Or, as we call it on ETS, sarcism.