Page 97 of 131 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 3921

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just heard about Dashboard Confessional being in town in March. Who the fuck listens and listened to that shit garbage?
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-06-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Just heard about Dashboard Confessional being in town in March. Who the fuck listens and listened to that shit garbage?
    hahahaha i was like super into dashboard freshman year of high school, but i much preferred it when it was just a guy and a guitar and sad songs. once it became a full-fledged band, i totally lost interest. i saw them play with the black keys & beck about 13 or 14 years ago and it was just so boring.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    "your hair, it's everywherererereee ... "

i liked a mark, a mission, a brand, a scar back in the day.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Further Seems Forever>Dashboard

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    My sister was a fan of them during their hey-day. God, I hated that fucking band.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I knew Stone Sour had turned to shit, but this is, just wow, this is terrible, like a mash-up of shitty 80s cliches filtered through Saliva, Hinder, and Nickelback. It sounds like some horrific parody but it's all in earnest.
    I feel that music like this - and its inexplicable success (people are calling Hydrograd a great album) - is one of the reasons that rock is such a fucking joke of a genre right now.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Here's some shitty music from my own country. Sigh.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I knew Stone Sour had turned to shit, but this is, just wow, this is terrible, like a mash-up of shitty 80s cliches filtered through Saliva, Hinder, and Nickelback. It sounds like some horrific parody but it's all in earnest.
    I feel that music like this - and its inexplicable success (people are calling Hydrograd a great album) - is one of the reasons that rock is such a fucking joke of a genre right now.
    ]
    Holy shit that is pretty fucking awful. I'm gonna have to agree with rock being a joke atm. Which really sucks because as a genre i really like rock-n-roll in its various forms. It is pretty sad when the basic rock genre is generally garbage.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I didnt see what was so bad about it.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    https://pitchfork.com/news/radiohead...copying-creep/

LDR is now being sued for ripping off Radiohead's biggest hit, to the surprise of absolutely no one.

I mean, she already ripped off her whole image from Tori Amos and Hope Sandoval, her latest album title from Iggy Pop, and even shamelessly includes a bid for a Coachella slot on her latest album.

She needs a new career. One that requires zero originality whatsoever..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    https://pitchfork.com/news/radiohead...copying-creep/

LDR is now being sued for ripping off Radiohead's biggest hit, to the surprise of absolutely no one.

I mean, she already ripped off her whole image from Tori Amos and Hope Sandoval, her latest album title from Iggy Pop, and even shamelessly includes a bid for a Coachella slot on her latest album.

She needs a new career. One that requires zero originality whatsoever..
    Reading that article though, Radiohead have a bit of a cheek given that they themselves had to settle out of court to somebody else over that song, settling out of court suggests there was some case to be made doesn’t it?
    is Lana Del Rey the one who is supposed to be really shit live?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    haha Radiohead seeking 100% credit is shameful, really. The similarities are not so strong that it is that deserving. GTFO.

I probably would have never noticed enough or maybe any of their likeness on my own to compare the two. I love some Radiohead, but I aways have really hated “Creep”.

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Reading that article though, Radiohead have a bit of a cheek given that they themselves had to settle out of court to somebody else over that song, settling out of court suggests there was some case to be made doesn’t it?
    is Lana Del Rey the one who is supposed to be really shit live?
    @ Radiohead: yeah, something like that.

@ Lana Del Rey live: I can’t say from firsthand experience, but per live footage in more recent years I’ve seen, she’s obviously done more than shown up her bad national TV debut exposures. It gets really old seeing people still bring that up, or rather actually use it against her still.
    Last edited by Amaro; 01-07-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Ed Sheehan. He sucks. I felt that too much time had gone by without someone stating that.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i like him. his shit is catchy.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Ed Sheehan. He sucks. I felt that too much time had gone by without someone stating that.
    I'm baffled by the fact that he's selling out stadiums here in America including the new Mercedes-Benz stadium in Atlanta? How the fuck does this happen? Because he's popular? He's an untalented ginger who tries to look badass with tattoos and be sweet with these sappy songs that aren't any good.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I'm baffled by the fact that he's selling out stadiums here in America including the new Mercedes-Benz stadium in Atlanta? How the fuck does this happen? Because he's popular? He's an untalented ginger who tries to look badass with tattoos and be sweet with these sappy songs that aren't any good.
    And then you have the great Mark Lanegan playing small clubs and releasing fantastic albums that are barely noticed. Sad.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I don't really get his appeal? The looks? The sound? His lyrical message? His age? Country of origin? His acting spot on GoT?

I fail to see what captures everyone's fandoms for the guy. He's a boring Top 40 chart maker with no actual particularly easy to spot popular trait.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Marc Marons explanation of trying to get through two Dave Mathews songs in this clip is exactly how I feel about Ed Sheehan and Dave Mathews.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Once that video ended, this one came up as a suggestion. I am not interested at all in watching it, but I can't help but share it here.

Sorry.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Ugh... I don't want to watch that.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The title is cut off, but it's about a goat who pisses itself. Not making this up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    And then you have the great Mark Lanegan playing small clubs and releasing fantastic albums that are barely noticed. Sad.
    to be fair it would suck enormously to have to go to a stadium to see mark lanegan, small clubs are where great artists shine, stadiums not so much.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    to be fair it would suck enormously to have to go to a stadium to see mark lanegan, small clubs are where great artists shine, stadiums not so much.
    I don't think he'd ever really be playing stadiums or arenas, but he should be better known than he is. He deserves to be playing theaters, not 400 capacity clubs. Don't get me wrong, I've seen him a few times and the shows were great. My point is he is sorely underrated.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The problem with Mark Lanegan is he has zero stage presence. I've seen him twice now, and both times he sounded great, but as far as the show itself it was pretty boring.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'm baffled by the fact that he's selling out stadiums .
    I uhhhh... didn’t even know he was playing stadiums. Had to look at your dates and sure enough. WTF??? And that Eminem song shouldn’t have happened with him. It’s awful.

lol@everyone misspelling his last name. Not sure if that’s intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    his shit is catchy.
    I’ll give him that, but still- there’s a lot of people churning out catchy pop tunes.

Just one more reason to hate Taylor Swift. Look what you’ve done!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    My sister says the reason he's selling out stadiums is because he's popular. What kind of fucking answer is that? So are the fucking Kartrashians. Mark Lanegan might not have much of a stage presence but he can sing his fucking ass off. The guy should be a bigger deal but I'd rather have him be the guy at clubs.

I think those days of great stadium bands are pretty much done. Who can we turn to create these kind of spectacles? U2? Yeah, right. Their music hasn't been great for years to be worthy for them to be seen in stadiums. Back then, there was Pink Floyd, the Stones, the Who, Paul McCartney, the Boss, Tina Turner, Queen, KISS, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, and ELP. It was great to see bands like the Cure, Pearl Jam, and Depeche Mode sell out stadiums despite their reluctance as I'm sure they wouldn't do it now. I just don't understand this air of mediocrity being the ones to play places like the Rose Bowl, Dodger Stadium, and Soldier Field. I just don't get it.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I’ve never been to a stadium show. Considering I hate festivals, and think football games are a million times better on TV than going there I don’t have one reason to think they’re enjoyable.

I read that U2 360 tour was pretty cool though. Probably a better setup being in the middle of the venue than an end stage layout.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    this band called walk the moon.

it's hard for me to describe this, but their music reminds me of these lds (mormon) dances that were held in church gymnasiums when i was in high school. like disney channel "rock" or some shit? i dunno, but it fucking blows.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    this band called walk the moon.

it's hard for me to describe this, but their music reminds me of these lds (mormon) dances that were held in church gymnasiums when i was in high school. like disney channel "rock" or some shit? i dunno, but it fucking blows.
    I saw one of their lame videos on MTV Live or something. I was like... "what the fuck is this shit?" I try to watch an hour's worth of music videos on that channel and I found myself dealing with ultimate nightmare. I'm becoming my parents in their reaction to the music I was listening to as a teenager.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I saw one of their lame videos on MTV Live or something. I was like... "what the fuck is this shit?" I try to watch an hour's worth of music videos on that channel and I found myself dealing with ultimate nightmare. I'm becoming my parents in their reaction to the music I was listening to as a teenager.
    Last time i saw actual videos on MTV was probably 10 years ago at like 4 am. It was the worst of the worst. Don't be so hard on yourself.