Page 69 of 131 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 3928

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    yeah, probably. all i know is a song that is, indeed, *shitty* about winona ryder and a beaver?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Sarah Brightman is responsible for this camp masterpiece, so she's done SOMETHING good:

i saw this as sarah brightman and the gossip. i about gagged.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Coldplay have now released a video which is suggesting that apes would love their music - bit of a presumption there, they should have the apes shitting over the device playing their music

http://pitchfork.com/news/62223-cold...ifetime-video/

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I saw a bit of that during the Thanksgiving parade..... why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was just called an "emo-wannabe" for liking Nine Inch Nails. Coming from a 14 year old who likes My Chemical Romance. Hardee-har-har.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PinsandNeedles View Post
    I was just called an "emo-wannabe" for liking Nine Inch Nails. Coming from a 14 year old who likes My Chemical Romance. Hardee-har-har.

Confuse said emo person by directing them to that shit ass bands wiki page. Make sure they don't go "full emo" and try cutting themselves in a dark corner...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Sarah Brightman (and anybody associated with Andrew Lloyd Webber) makes me want to throw myself into a wood chipper.
    Come on, she had to sleep with Andrew Lloyd Webber for 6 years, surely that's deserving of a bit of sympathy?

Quote Originally Posted by PinsandNeedles View Post
    Is emo even a thing anymore?
    Last edited by WorzelG; 11-28-2015 at 02:15 AM.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    oh my god... oh my god... oh my god...

I don't even know what to say. oh my god.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Is emo even a thing anymore?
    Indeed. While the 2000's bred a lot of commercialized atrocities into the genre, I feel like the bands currently embodying the 'emo revival' (i.e. Title Fight, Joyce Manor, Touche Amore) are much more raw and interesting, true to the post-hardcore / punk rock roots and easily in better taste

It isn't fair since they are more of a pop group now but Fall Out Boy is probably the worst to come of "emo" and they need to just fucking stop already

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Right?

One day all these kids who hit puberty post-1999 are going to look back and have to live with the fact that they were essentially raised in an era of shitty music akin to hair metal and disco.

I'll bet those are going to be some memories worth having..."the days when we were young and guys like Skrillex, Mumford & Sons and Sam Smith showed the music world how it was done! It was great growing up with such groundbreaking original music that had never been done four or five times over in previous generations."
    At least Poison and the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack had some memorable songs, even if it wasn't great art.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'll give Poison a pass. Brett grew up in a town not far from the one I did.
    Cock-rock or most 80's pop in general is great during a jog.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Poison's got some good songs. "Talk Dirty to Me", "Every Rose Has Its Thorn", "Unskinny Bop", and "Nothing But A Good Time" are the shit.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Right?

One day all these kids who hit puberty post-1999 are going to look back and have to live with the fact that they were essentially raised in an era of shitty music akin to hair metal and disco.

I'll bet those are going to be some memories worth having..."the days when we were young and guys like Skrillex, Mumford & Sons and Sam Smith showed the music world how it was done! It was great growing up with such groundbreaking original music that had never been done four or five times over in previous generations."
    The only problem there being that it won't be a point of embarrassment. The generation more than likely won't care. Attention spans, etc. will be pretty much at nil.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    G and I were *ADDICTED* to Rock of Love, I wish it was still on TV.

My brother and I were talking about this the other day, that WE JUST WANNA ROCK. WHY CAN'T WE JUST ROCK??????????

Now we're listening to classic rock because all this other shit is FUCKING BORING.

The other day I saw some local three-chord punk rock band on TV and it was a PARODY band and I was fucking excited, like YEAHHHHH YEAHHHHH ROCK!!!! ROCK!!!!

Kinda like the first time we all heard Guns 'n Roses and we were like
    OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS GONNA BE A BETTER PLACE NOW THANK YOU JESUS
    Last edited by allegro; 12-01-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That's like the same thing as a brain-washing, isn't it?
    Haha perhaps. Maybe a more eloquent way to say what I was trying to say would be that in 2015 'your generation of music sucks compared to ours' still has some sting to it, whereas in about 10 years kids won't care enough for it to be effective lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Coldplay have now released a video which is suggesting that apes would love their music - bit of a presumption there, they should have the apes shitting over the device playing their music

http://pitchfork.com/news/62223-cold...ifetime-video/
    That is actually accurate, because only apes could possibly be impressed by their music.

implying disco is bad

rockists pls go

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    heard the new coldplay song on the radio a few minutes ago, at the end of a shitty day of work.

it sounds like they're ripping off three or four other (much better) bands at the same time, and it just doesn't work at all.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    And they're playing half time of the Super Bowl.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Ehhhhhh yes and no. I'm one of those kids (21 years old) but I'm inclined to say that shitty, derivative art has always existed and been praised by the masses. IMO the commercial front tends to be shallow and offensive to the sacredness of music.. The underground seems to inform pop culture on the next exploitable trend
    Last edited by Soma; 12-14-2015 at 02:10 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    And they're playing half time of the Super Bowl.
    As i said in the Coldplay thread: I think it's great! now i got the chance to go to the store for chips, beer or grab a sandwich...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    As i said in the Coldplay thread: I think it's great! now i got the chance to go to the store for chips, beer or grab a sandwich...
    And listen to something else like Slayer or smooth like Barry White if you're with someone and need to have sex in the bathroom.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    I can't tell you or explain my absolute FUCKING HATRED & WRATH for Maroon 5, I hate them so fucking much they suck worse then Nickelback. Adam Levine sucks as a singer somebody should explain to him what vibrato is, he has a whiny little shit stained voice and his vocal melodies sound more like nursery rhymes, he should be doing children albums. Maroon 5 song writing is a great example of how fucked music is today because mediocrity seems to rise to the top and IMO calling Maroon 5 mediocre is being very fucking generous. Normally I try to steer clear of bashing artists because there is obviously somebody out there that likes them, but fuck seriously the general masses can't find anything better than this shit?
    I have never been one for shows like American Idol or whatever the fucking show is that Levine is on, but that motherfucker has NO BUSINESS being a judge on a show that judges singers, when Adam Levine can't fucking sing himself. It's like Jennifer Aniston judging actresses

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    But he's SOOOO dreamy! Must've been a bad year for sexy guys?...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    But he's SOOOO dreamy! Must've been a bad year for sexy guys?...
    @thevoid99

Adam Levine Is The Worst

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Thank you and yes, Alan Alda is sex appeal. Levine is just a poser who think he's tough with those tattoos yet sings like a fucking pussy.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    christ. they're not that bad. no band makes me want to pen my own eulogy.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 11:57 AM.