Page 42 of 131 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 3928

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Mono, Boris, The Boredoms, DJ Krush, Merzbow, Melt Banana, Acid Mothers Temple, Buffalo Daughter, Nobukazu Takemura, Cornelius, Baal, DJ Kentaro, OOIOO, Utero ZZZAAA
    i would also add Ruins to that list.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    that's what happens when you write a song about (date) rape and think it's funny.

what a prick.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    He's such an idiot.
    Also, "Blurred Lines" isn't catchy at all. Everyone's all like "Oh but it's so catchy": it's not. It's fucking tuneless: the only part of the song I can even recall is the "eh eh eh" part (that I think Pharrell sings).

Also, this happened: https://soundcloud.com/sam-seder-sho...t-shareholders
    I like Happy but Pharrell needs to take his head out of his ass.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I saw him sing with Chicago at the Grammys and I felt so bad for them, that they needed him to even get through the fucking door it seems.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Robin Thicke maybe should've had some second thoughts about getting dry-humped by Smiley Virus as I heard his wife was embarrassed and humiliated over that. He had her and now he lost her. At least for us guys, we can get a shot at going out with her. That's a fine-lookin' woman compared to that trashy tramp Thicke got humped by.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post

I think they are funny. While I haven't heard all of their songs, I do like that Gimme Chocolate song. My 6 year old daughter wanted to use it as an audition song for the (now defunct) spring school musical.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I like Happy but Pharrell needs to take his head out of his ass.

That song makes me feel insane, and it's EVERYWHERE. Just when you think you've escaped it, there it is. Over and over and over and over again. It's not just the repetition, I've disliked it from the start, but now it's the soundtrack to my sanity slipping.

Perhaps the only time that song put a smile on my face was watching the Coachella live stream from Weekend one. You can't find it anywhere online now (wonder why). But yeah, Pharrell (who I'm sure is a perfectly nice and totally down to earth mannequin in person) started to choke up from all the dust. So he's doing this grand HAPPY! finale, and he's wheezing, coughing, can't hit the notes, and looking like he wants to punch somebody... all the while in the background, his dancers are smiling and doing goofy silly happy dances and jumping jacks.

There you go Pharrell. Now you know how I feel, every time I hear that goddamn song.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    That's a shame...i haven't heard the new Pharrell, but he USED to kick ass.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Jacob Safari (of Wavves fame) handles the production using unlicensed NIN samples for the entirety of the project.
    Okay, so how the fuck are you going to sell this to people then?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Ok. I liked Pharrell when he was with NERD. In Search Of.... was one of the best albums last decade for being so brilliantly cheesy.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Their third album Seeing Sounds is really good.

It's not just the repetition, I've disliked it from the start, but now it's the soundtrack to my sanity slipping.
    Can you explain what you find objectionable about the song? I'm curious.
    Sounds like a typical Michael Jackson-type upbeat number to me.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 06-13-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Can you explain what you find objectionable about the song? I'm curious.
    It's the insipid cheerfulness of it, built around this ping ponging melody that just irks the shit out of me. The sentiment has the same horrifying effect that Shiny Happy People had on me, with all the catchy qualities of riding It's A Small World. Also, I've never felt like a room without a roof, and that lyric annoys the hell out of me. Still, the core of it is built around this "clap along" hook, which is so generic and pandering. I'd figure most people would respond with "no thanks, I'll clap if I feel like it." It's right up there with encouragements to get this party started, get retarded, or shake it baby, but without the imagination. I get it, he wanted to write a song that made people feel happy and clap their hands. That doesn't mean he needs to spell it out.

And how is this the biggest song of the year? It's like The Hokey Pokey made a comeback and is now blasting out of every car, club, and grocery store I pass by. It fills me with a very real "what the fuck is going on!?" feeling, like it fell out of the movie Idiocracy.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I have no idea what's happening in this abomination that Tony Hawk just tweeted. People who listen to rap: is Soulja Boi actually still relevant, or what the fuck is going on here? Is it a joke? I just opened it in a new tab and cringed so hard I couldn't close it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It's the insipid cheerfulness of it, built around this ping ponging melody that just irks the shit out of me. The sentiment has the same horrifying effect that Shiny Happy People had on me, with all the catchy qualities of riding It's A Small World. Also, I've never felt like a room without a roof, and that lyric annoys the hell out of me. Still, the core of it is built around this "clap along" hook, which is so generic and pandering. I'd figure most people would respond with "no thanks, I'll clap if I feel like it." It's right up there with encouragements to get this party started, get retarded, or shake it baby, but without the imagination. I get it, he wanted to write a song that made people feel happy and clap their hands. That doesn't mean he needs to spell it out.

And how is this the biggest song of the year? It's like The Hokey Pokey made a comeback and is now blasting out of every car, club, and grocery store I pass by. It fills me with a very real "what the fuck is going on!?" feeling, like it fell out of the movie Idiocracy.
    At last, someone else who hates Shiny Happy People - Its the jangling guitar sound does it for me as well. And I don't care that the lyrics are ironic, it's still shit. That pharrell song is like something that will be played at weddings for evermore, like Love Shack which is another of my most hated songs (in fact I avoided a family wedding a few months ago due to kids and when my husband got back he told me I should be glad as Love Shack was the second song played - I just despise pretending to dance and enjoy something with annoying relatives who assume not dancing to it means you are a miserable person)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    I have no idea what's happening in this abomination that Tony Hawk just tweeted. People who listen to rap: is Soulja Boi actually still relevant, or what the fuck is going on here? Is it a joke? I just opened it in a new tab and cringed so hard I couldn't close it.

Why did you just force me to listen to that? WHY?

I lasted 10 seconds and mourned the genre of hip-hop.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post

Yeah... whenever I hear the name Tony Hawk I think of red cars and counting money in the kitchen....

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    At last, someone else who hates Shiny Happy People - Its the jangling guitar sound does it for me as well. And I don't care that the lyrics are ironic, it's still shit. That pharrell song is like something that will be played at weddings for evermore, like Love Shack which is another of my most hated songs (in fact I avoided a family wedding a few months ago due to kids and when my husband got back he told me I should be glad as Love Shack was the second song played - I just despise pretending to dance and enjoy something with annoying relatives who assume not dancing to it means you are a miserable person)
    i don't think i've ever met someone who doesn't like love shack...
    i like quite a lot of the b-52s, and love shack is by no means their best song, but it is fun to dance to it. idunno.
    somehow i now feel like a jerk for liking it hahaha.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post

Erm I know I am getting old, but why bother to wear jeans if you going to wear them so low!!! Is it an easy access thing ? lol. Referring to that Souja Boy vid.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    That was disgusting.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    You've never met someone who's worked in a karaoke bar...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    At last, someone else who hates Shiny Happy People - Its the jangling guitar sound does it for me as well. And I don't care that the lyrics are ironic, it's still shit.
    I have always hated hated hated Shiny Happy People and not knowing whether it's ironic or not has bugged me over the years.
    I think whatever satire REM were attempting must have failed because the song is mindless shit, any which way you slice it, and the video the cherry on top of said shit.
    Interesting comparison with Happy, though. Aren't both songs doing something with minor key/chords? I need to learn more music theory.
    I hadn't really bothered with Happy, then I sat through a 2-hour live radio broadcast show with amateur actors here in town, and Happy - sung a cappella by a quartet of women - was the only song I knew. That made me realize I think it's a pretty rad song: nicely put together, not too predictable but also quite familiar. I think Pharrell has class, even though I don't dig everything he's done, I'm glad he's finding his voice as a solo artist, it's been a long time coming.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i like quite a lot of the b-52s, and love shack is by no means their best song, but it is fun to dance to it. idunno.
    somehow i now feel like a jerk for liking it hahaha.
    Actually I've thought of two songs I really hate much more, 2 princes by Spin Doctors and Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I have always hated hated hated Shiny Happy People and not knowing whether it's ironic or not has bugged me over the years.
    I think whatever satire REM were attempting must have failed because the song is mindless shit, any which way you slice it, and the video the cherry on top of said shit.
    Interesting comparison with Happy, though. Aren't both songs doing something with minor key/chords? I need to learn more music theory.
    I hadn't really bothered with Happy, then I sat through a 2-hour live radio broadcast show with amateur actors here in town, and Happy - sung a cappella by a quartet of women - was the only song I knew. That made me realize I think it's a pretty rad song: nicely put together, not too predictable but also quite familiar. I think Pharrell has class, even though I don't dig everything he's done, I'm glad he's finding his voice as a solo artist, it's been a long time coming.
    I had to actually go and find Pharrell to listen to it, I just don't find it as catchy as people seem to think it is. Maybe it hasn't caught on in the UK the same way

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    Erm I know I am getting old, but why bother to wear jeans if you going to wear them so low!!! Is it an easy access thing ? lol. Referring to that Souja Boy vid.
    Yeah. Who does that shit anymore? Are we back in the 90s?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus
    OOOOH DO I HAVE A TREAT FOR YOU!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    OOOOH DO I HAVE A TREAT FOR YOU!

Failing mid-life crisis man trying to cash in on current trends like his moronic talentless daughter. He turned his back on his real fans (if they exist) with a cop out piece of shit like this.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i literally refuse to click play on that video ^

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That is the greatest thing I have ever seen ibanez33
    I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.