Page 16 of 131 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Surefire way to know a Modern Rock band sucks is to hear them on WWE programming. Double if the band actually appears performing. Limp Bizkit was introduced as "WWE's favorite band" at WrestleMania 19 (poor Undertaker, who has an actual taste in music).
    The WWE is known for his bad choices in bands, though i admit liking (even buying!) a few songs used in the past (like the already mentioned "Union Underground" tune), and even...

... *sigh* Drowning Pool

...still, i never liked any Nickelshit tune, not even sold to me by the f'n WWE!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    The WWE is known for his bad choices in bands, though i admit liking (even buying!) a few songs used in the past (like the already mentioned "Union Underground" tune), and even...

... *sigh* Drowning Pool

...still, i never liked any Nickelshit tune, not even sold to me by the f'n WWE!
    Chalk me up as another 12-year old DP fan (that comment might get put on an FBI watchlist), at least until Dave Williams died. Them and Chris Jericho's band are actually playing down the road from me in a tiny-ass venue in a few months - really tempted to go and 2001 it up.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthebear View Post
    Chalk me up as another 12-year old DP fan (that comment might get put on an FBI watchlist),
    hahahahahaha...

at least until Dave Williams died. Them and Chris Jericho's band are actually playing down the road from me in a tiny-ass venue in a few months - really tempted to go and 2001 it up.
    I admit i still listen to "Sinner" every now and then... then Dave died, i bought the second album and... let's just say i have nice memories of them :P
    Still, i think Drowning Pool's biggest "sin" (no pun intended) was just being plain generic, they where decent musicians and there where a couple of good lyrics in their work...
    I think there's far more crappy rock/heavy bands around... (Finger Eleven, Sum41 and Staind im looking at you!)
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 02-04-2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Understand Im a Sinner! :P

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Drowning pool is one of those bands where they're generic as fuck and hard to defend, BUT a charitable way of saying "generic" is to say they have that sound nailed... And hearing that "bodies" song instantly transports me back to 2001ish.

it's weird because I hated all those heavy rotation mtv bands at the time, but a decade later, because they were constantly being played in the background back in the day, I actually enjoy listening to them for the nostalgia factor

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    It's funny how basically everbody in the whole wide world knows that fucking song. They definitely set foot in todays culture with that shit. And I know exactly what you're talking about. When I went to see Limp Bizkit with a good friend 2 or 3 years ago we knew it was going to be shitty, but we had a BLAST and felt 10 years younger! On the downside of things stands the fact though that there are way too many people who haven't developed ever since... same goes for the people that I've seen in a "documentary" recently that went ape shit crazy to Drowning Pool's newest output.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah about around 2000 as a joke a friend and I when out and bought the first Linkin Park and Disturbed CD's. We hated the Nu-Metal thing especially raised on good old RATM, but became a great guilty pleasure.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    they where decent musicians and there where a couple of good lyrics in their work...
    I agree. Drowning Pool did have a much better musicianship than other bands lumped in that nu-metal label, and you could hear they were actually striving to be a little bit creative with their riffs. However, this particular style was limiting their skills. Haven't heard their recent stuff, though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    A former ETS member showed this to me in November, still trying to figure out if this is a joke or not.
    I certainly hope so. Not even knocking it, I don't see how anyone would think it's good or awesome to like it as a serious thing.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I agree. Drowning Pool did have a much better musicianship than other bands lumped in that nu-metal label, and you could hear they were actually striving to be a little bit creative with their riffs. However, this particular style was limiting their skills. Haven't heard their recent stuff, though.
    Me neither, i heard the second singer left then they hired the singer from "Soil" but he left too!
    ...man they sure have bad luck with singers!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    They do maroon 5 better than maroon 5 does.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    is it true half of maroon 5 are disgruntled hard rockers from the singer's previous band who got tempted on board by money? I've always wanted to believe this because I saw them once & a couple of them were conspicuously bored looking longhairs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I make no apologies for liking their first two records. After that, I lost touch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like the first four albums a lot, that last one was seriously half-assed. I'm sure even they know they fucked up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I make no apologies for liking their first two records. After that, I lost touch.

We all make mistakes. Hell, way back when I listened to Natalie Imbruglia. But I learned that the hard way when I was riding on my bike with my walkman and headphones on. I got hit by a motorcycle (true story). Never listened to her again since then but at least she had those bambi eyes.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    all the dudes wiggle your dick for brooke candy

"Candy's fashion has been described as a distinctive stripper-meets-Tumblr aesthetic"

hahahaha... what does that even mean

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Terrible cover of an amusing 80's hip hop song by Biz Markie

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Terrible cover of an amusing 80's hip hop song by Biz Markie

This dude is a hometown hero. In fact, the news profiled him today because he was the big show at the San Antonio Rodeo today and it was a sell out. Typical teenage Youtube garbage. He even looks like a date rapist who will poison a girl's starfucker so he can bang her in his Mitsubishi Gallant. He was bragging how Taylor Swift gave him her seal of approval (and possibly dated then dumped him). Really fucking sick of hearing about this douche.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Christan Dubstep.

Last edited by Magtig; 02-24-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    That's awesome! Reminds me of when we had that barrage of Christian Metalcore bands in the '00s. I swear, Jesus freaks are always late to the party on shitty music. Really goes hand in hand when you think about it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    They ape pop culture in such a hilariously belated fashion. Listen to the lyrics of the first Matthew Parker song in that post; it's possibly the gayest thing you've ever heard, but dude is totally serious:

here i am take my hand and fill me with your spirit, Lord
    i am yours and i will do what you command
    there's nothing i'd rather do than follow you
    you bought me with your blood and i belong to you
    here i am all a man i give myself completely lord
    take my hand i want to be holy holy holy

I guess that makes Matthew Parker a bottom?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Matthew Parker...Baby he was born this way!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Devastating news: The Mark McGrath 90s Nostalgia Cruise Ship featuring visionary taste makers such as Sugar Ray, Smash Mouth, Gin Blossoms, and Spin Doctors, has been cancelled due to the recent poop ship destroyer fiasco. It's okay if you need to cry it out.

The comments on the article are priceless: "all around the world cruise ships fill with poop for me"

These are the things that make me happy.
    Last edited by Magtig; 02-28-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I think I'd rather be on the boat that was stuck and literally overflowing with shit.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Jinsai, I know it's been a rough time for you on the board lately with the bet and shit, but you can't even act like Gin Blossoms weren't your shit way back then.

That being said, how were they able to only afford one member from Collective Soul and not the others?

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    but you can't even act like Gin Blossoms weren't your shit way back then.
    Funny enough, The Gin Blossoms were one of the first bands I clearly remember hating with a passion. I get kind of nostalgic about how much I used to hate them.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Gin Blossoms weren't THAT bad considering we had shittier college rock like Hootie and the "Fuckin" Blowfish!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hootie and the Blowfish do indeed suck. If I hear the song above of Let Her Cry I usually have to leave the area. Sucky and also for teh LOLZ