Page 117 of 131 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,510 of 3914

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I know Ed Sheeran has been brought up here before, but damn, what's the appeal?
    young girls think/thought he was hot. Strange right? But that's like 75% of it imo. The guy has a legit good voice though. He uses it for terrible songs mostly, but he can sing. This is the only song of his I ever liked:

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Cardi B.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post

1) Do we really need more bands by Mushroomhead singers?
    2) The cringe when he puts the mic to the audience and no one sings along...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    1 - They're helping keep this thread alive!
    2 - I did that once at a show when my old band opened for letlive. We opened the show and no one knew who we were but I was really hoping someone would just scream nonsense into the mic. All I got was confused looks. Bummer.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I did that once at a show when my old band opened for letlive. We opened the show and no one knew who we were but I was really hoping someone would just scream nonsense into the mic. All I got was confused looks. Bummer.
    Damn, that's too bad, I would have grabbed it and started belting out Michael Bolton songs.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Damn, that's too bad, I would have grabbed it and started belting out Michael Bolton songs.
    And that's all I've ever really wanted.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    And that's all I've ever really wanted.
    Every show I've gone to, someone just starts screaming "fuck" into the mic... edgy. If there's a "new band" maybe you need a 6-8 song Bolton medley, that'd be priceless.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the Justin Bieber / Ed Sheeran collaboration is not only the most obnoxious music video ever made, it's the worst song I've ever heard. I fucking hate music. Fuck this shit, nothing should piss me off this much.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Man Mushroomhead used to be so good too, their first four albums kick ass. After about 2003-2004 though they fell hard, and now that Jeffrey Nothing left the group I have next to no interest in them.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Man Mushroomhead used to be so good too, their first four albums kick ass. After about 2003-2004 though they fell hard, and now that Jeffrey Nothing left the group I have next to no interest in them.
    I bought XX just to try it out back in the day when Universal reissued it and was pretty impressed... but you're right, it's dropped hard. I thought XIII was the natural maturation and I like that one, but after that, zilch.
    I

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I bought XX just to try it out back in the day when Universal reissued it and was pretty impressed... but you're right, it's dropped hard. I thought XIII was the natural maturation and I like that one, but after that, zilch.
    I
    The original Eclipse version of XX was better IMO, the Universal reissue was mixed, well weird. Felt like all the synth was just buried deep.

To be clear, their first four albums were Mushroomhead, Superbuick, M3 and XIII. XX was a compilation of material from the first three discs.

And I also felt like XIII was a natural continuation, but then JMann quit and I think two of the other founding members left, and the band just went off the rails.

If I had to name a favorite, it's probably the Self Titled album. It almost feels like it could be a Faith No More record, it's just so far out there. Love that disc even today!

(even their Remix album was great!)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The original Eclipse version of XX was better IMO, the Universal reissue was mixed, well weird. Felt like all the synth was just buried deep.

To be clear, their first four albums were Mushroomhead, Superbuick, M3 and XIII. XX was a compilation of material from the first three discs.

And I also felt like XIII was a natural continuation, but then JMann quit and I think two of the other founding members left, and the band just went off the rails.

If I had to name a favorite, it's probably the Self Titled album. It almost feels like it could be a Faith No More record, it's just so far out there. Love that disc even today!

I love the piano in "The Wrist"... that's a hell of a song.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm from Cleveland, so I know an inordinate amount of Mushroomhead fans and have met a few members randomly at shows as well. Hell, J Mann used to bartend at Peabody's before it got sold to Cleveland State and torn down. After XIII, myself and the majority of the fans I know just don't care for their output. I got to see one of the rare shows where they had J Mann, Waylon and Jeffrey all at once on stage right around when their last album came out as well. Now with Jeffrey Nothing gone, even the diehard fans here have stopped caring. They still play random little bars and venues around town constantly, but to diminishing returns.

Superbuick would be my pick for favorite album followed closely by M3. Nothing else they did really touches those two, even the self titled and XIII. I've seen them live 4 times, once in 2004 before J Mann left the first time, once in 2007 around when Savior Sorrow came out and again less than a year later when my friends' band from high school was opening for them at a random bar in Mentor. Then I saw them in 2014 with the three singers at a dive bar in Kent. I doubt I'll bother ever seeing them again unless Jeffrey comes back, and based on what I see him saying on Facebook (we're friends on there), it's never going to happen.
    Last edited by ViN; 08-21-2019 at 06:25 PM. Reason: talk about live shows

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thankfully I got to see them multiple times when they were still in their prime. Once in 2002 when Avenged Sevenfold was opening for them, 2003 the day after XIII came out, and twice in 04. One of those was in a tiny bowling alley and it was AWESOME.

I had seen them with the 3 singers in 2014 and again with just Jason and Jeff in 2017, both shows I was able to tape.

But yeah, I have no desire to see them any more. Like you said, deminishing returns!!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    No where else to put this but I had to post it. The headline itself is enough to give giggles.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...e-lawsuit/amp/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    This song drives me nuts:

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    young girls think/thought he was hot. Strange right? But that's like 75% of it imo. The guy has a legit good voice though. He uses it for terrible songs mostly, but he can sing.
    http://<a href="https://www.youtube....83x7MgzWOA</a>

not sure why that's not embedding... but it is the worst song ever, and the worst video ever, and it is the most annoying fucking thing ever. Smiling Justing Bieber in a ice-cream pegasus outfit, Sheeran is dressed like a corn husk or a panda in an astronaut suit... and then there's this FUCKING SONG
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-23-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

This is top five in the most unintentionally hilarious songs ever. This came out in 2011 ​for fuck's sake.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Wow. Never heard that before I smartly moved on from Staind in 2001 (still love those first 3 albums though). That is amazing...I thought maybe Fred Durst was doing the verses.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Day off and chose to listen to this song:

Ok, it's bad. Not really worse than a million other bands though. Sounds like run-of-the-mill late 90's-early '00s sludge.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I like that song. *shrug*

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I like that song. *shrug*
    It's one of those songs I would have tuned out and just waited out until the next song played on the radio.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Day off and chose to listen to this song
    But why?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    But why?
    Honestly, Nickleback are a band I've pretty much ignored and don't have a strong opinion on. Listening to them, I get it, they're bad, but aren't really worse than a million other shitty bands from that era.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

I posted this without even listening to it. I don't need to. I know where it belongs.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Honestly, Nickleback are a band I've pretty much ignored and don't have a strong opinion on. Listening to them, I get it, they're bad, but aren't really worse than a million other shitty bands from that era.

i have to disagree. strongly.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

i have to disagree. strongly.
    That was awful. Oh, that's bad.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Wow. I was like, "nah, can't be that bad." It's that bad. Wow. Like they're trying to do a Maroon 5 thing but with that voice? Nah man.