Page 109 of 131 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 3914

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure most of you guys would put this in the thread...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    gross

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    My condolences.

:P
    we actually both love ikea...like a lot. we've been probably over a dozen times (maybe close to 20) in our 7.5 years together, and we've only ever gotten in one fight there. plus, when you get home, it's like legos for adults, which makes me so happy.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    SO SICK of this fucking song.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    SO SICK of this fucking song.
    i actually kinda like that song. the cover band i was in for a bit (which was basically my core band plus three ladies singing) that did all fight-themed songs and was called The Lucky Shiners did this, and i thought i was going to hate playing it, but it ended up being one of the most fun songs we did. and a fuckload better than "so what" by pink. ugh, that song is a piece of shiiiiiiit.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i actually kinda like that song. the cover band i was in for a bit (which was basically my core band plus three ladies singing) that did all fight-themed songs and was called The Lucky Shiners did this, and i thought i was going to hate playing it, but it ended up being one of the most fun songs we did. and a fuckload better than "so what" by pink. ugh, that song is a piece of shiiiiiiit.
    It's in some car commercial now and it's played a ton which contributed to my hatred. That and the hook is horrible "bang bang all over of you"

Yeah ok. What's that even supposed to mean?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    It's in some car commercial now and it's played a ton which contributed to my hatred. That and the hook is horrible "bang bang all over of you"

Yeah ok. What's that even supposed to mean?
    My favorite answer to questions like this is “um well I don’t care about the lyrics, I like it for the beat.”

Yeah, okay.

Edit: I think John Legend is a crazy talented dude. Guy and sing and play like a motherfucker. That being said, when some of his performances are like 40% aimless, wordless crooning - that shit gets REALLY old, really fast. “EEEEEyeeaaaaaheeeyaheeeyaaaheeee!!! ....yeeeeeaaaa ahhhhhheeeeehehhhhyeayeheeeee!” Nobody, and I mean nobody, needs to do that, THAT much.

Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-09-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I like John Legend's Save Room bc it's secretly about anal sex.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    An update on that Threatin story...this is quite the read!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources...jered_threatin

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Since this is the only/right thread for this, I just wanted to say that I don't think I could ever unsee/unhear Nickelback's Trying Not To Love You as George Constanza of Seinfeld gets involved in a coffee serving contest in a Nickelback music video in order to get the girl.

I figured that I'd share it and point it out since there's also a fair share of Seinfeld fans on ETS.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-29-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    An update on that Threatin story...this is quite the read!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources...jered_threatin
    what I don’t understand about this is if he wanted to pull this stunt why go to the U.K. to do it? Why not somewhere else in the US, to save some money ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I could go without hearing that damned "Wagon Wheel" song in a bar ever again. I don't care if Bob Dylan wrote part of it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Abysmal dogshit, even if you ironically like it (which I don't).

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

@Space Suicide Dip Dip Dip Dipset bitch!
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 01-03-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    The bad, new Ariana Grande song sounds like she’s saying “Bacon Eggs!” on repeat.

EDIT: and now I’m hungry for breakfast food. :|
    Last edited by Krazy; 01-23-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The bad, new Ariana Grande song sounds like she’s saying “Bacon Eggs!” on repeat.

EDIT: and now I’m hungry for breakfast food. :|
    Her voice and complete lack of enunciation make me want to jam icepicks in my ears.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i like her, but this new song blows. it’s so boastful and boring. i wish i could hear “bacon eggs!” though.

edit: wait ... you mean “thank u next”? it kinda sounds like “bacon eggs,” but that song is actually good.
    Last edited by kel; 01-23-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i like her, but this new song blows. it’s so boastful and boring. i wish i could hear “bacon eggs!” though.

edit: wait ... you mean “thank u next”? it kinda sounds like “bacon eggs,” but that song is actually good.
    Yeah, that’s the song. I heard it about 5 times before today and all I could hear was “bacon eggs”. I have a rental car right now and it showed Thank U Next. I had no idea what she was saying until I saw that text scroll on the infotainment system.

Also whats up with the lame circa year 2000 spelling of that song. Jeezus, man. “I <3 U”, “R U Next?”, “Playa H8’in”. Thought we were past all that lame shit.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    but what about prince?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    y'know, outside of that... TMobile commercial from a couple years ago and a snippet in a news report today about her breaking the record, I don't think I've knowingly heard any music from Ariana Grande, lol. And from what I've heard I have no intention to remedy that alleged injustice. Also, fuck her for taking the #1 spot on the album charts the week Hesitation Marks came out.

Now get off my lawn.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Maybe I'm getting old, but what the fuck is this shit? (For the record, full page screenshot of the current top 50 tracks on Google Play Music)
    https://imgur.com/a/DxfAaYG
    Last edited by binaryhermit; 01-23-2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: fixed huge-ass screenshot by linking to it instead

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    Maybe I'm getting old, but what the fuck is this shit? (For the record, full page screenshot of the current top 50 tracks on Google Play Music)
    https://imgur.com/a/DxfAaYG
    I'm getting at the age (28) where I'm slowly starting to become less and less familiar with the "new trendy music" that makes it onto those charts. I couldn't identify half of the songs on that thing, and the other half is a mix of "Oh hey I actually like that one" and "Jesus fucking Christ who keeps letting Imagine Dragons and Chris Brown and Drake make music."

However, I figure it has less to do with actual age and more to do with the fact that by now I've established a pretty good base for what I like and don't like, and that's always changing to a degree, but even so. There's a lot of garbage out there, but I wouldn't say it's all "Grrrr music these days is all trash" because I'm still being blown away by a number of artists year after year.

Does anyone else have some cases where you hear one part (a lyric, instrumental section, etc) in any song that just completely turns you off of a song completely? One of mine is when artists sing about "Saturday night"/"the weekend" in nearly any capacity. Couldn't even give a super valid reason why, it just feels super cliche and is too distracting for me to ignore. Come on. You can be more creative than "I wish it was Saturday."

I PRAY FOR THE WEEKEND ON THE WEEKEEEEEND....
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 01-23-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Yeah, that’s the song. I heard it about 5 times before today and all I could hear was “bacon eggs”. I have a rental car right now and it showed Thank U Next. I had no idea what she was saying until I saw that text scroll on the infotainment system.

Also whats up with the lame circa year 2000 spelling of that song. Jeezus, man. “I <3 U”, “R U Next?”, “Playa H8’in”. Thought we were past all that lame shit.
    Fun HR Fact, when i worked in HR about 10 years for a now famously dead company Carillion (thats another story) we used to get CV's written like that, aNd LikE diS...seriously. Sometime we'd even get CV's just with the persons name and saying "I don't want a job" just so they could say they applied for X many jobs when collecting their Job Seekers Allowance.

...and now back to the (awful) music.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Jesus Christ guys (and thats from a guy who likes commercial house & EDM). Guess they just gave up and let Oli do literally anything he wants now (love how he always says it's him & the other songwriter in the band though...yeah right). Hope the other dudes in the band will enjoy doing nothing on stage for half of every show like what ended up happening to Coldplay & Linkin Park.

Hilarious that this is 5:27 long also.

also...Grimes lol.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ooooWEEEEoooo that new Weezer cover album is boring
    ooooWEEEEoooo it would be something else if they were more obscure
    ooooWEEEEoooo but we don't need another Billie Jean or Paranoid...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Jesus Christ guys (and thats from a guy who likes commercial house & EDM). Guess they just gave up and let Oli do literally anything he wants now (love how he always says it's him & the other songwriter in the band though...yeah right). Hope the other dudes in the band will enjoy doing nothing on stage for half of every show like what ended up happening to Coldplay & Linkin Park.

Hilarious that this is 5:27 long also.

also...Grimes lol.
    It isn't the worst I've heard, but it just makes me miss their old style so much more... especially after watching this last night:

I adore when Oli says "This one is for the OG's... You weren't even born." Talking to the 12 to 13 year olds that probably had no idea what was going on during this medley.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've been listening to BMTH's new offing this morning and...i quite like 'some' of it. It's not their best by any stretch (in fact it's more likely their weakest), and i can see why people miss their old deathcore style, but it's not 'awful'. I do feel like alot of the album has a bit more filler that i'll probably not listen to more then a few times (but thats been the case with most of their albums for me, even their early stuff!) but the ones i do like i will have on rotation a fair bit. They aren't metal anymore, but that's not a bad thing. I will say though they are AWFUL live.

Surprisingly the albums getting 'critical acclaim' from most music outlets

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    BMTH peaked with "Sempiternal". The new stuff is a blatant Linkin Park ripoff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Papa Roach needs to be in this thread if they aren’t already. Weak and boring riffs, and awful lyrics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey! My “member” is not flaccid! I’m posting with a full erection right now.