Page 106 of 131 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 3928

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Elon Musk should build a rocket big enough for them and Imagine Dragons, and aim it towards the sun.
    I was gonna say you spelled “AWOLNATION” wrong, but I have a strong distaste for all three, so let’s just get em all on there.

I would legitimately rather see Limp Bizkit live than 21 Pilots, Imagine Dragons, or AWOLNATION.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I was gonna say you spelled “AWOLNATION” wrong, but I have a strong distaste for all three, so let’s just get em all on there.
    Didn't AWOLNATION just change their name to 21 Pilots after their 15 minutes were up?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post

I would legitimately rather see Limp Bizkit live than 21 Pilots, Imagine Dragons, or AWOLNATION.
    Seriously? I don't know. I don't think I can even enjoy Limp Bizkit for all of the bad music they made then and I'm sure whatever music they make now is even worse. I would honestly put all of those bands plus Nickelturd and the Chainsmokers into that rocket along 3 Dull Dudes and Scott Stapp and make sure they all die.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    how does it happen that a song like Ciaras level up is so successful, it’s so far beyond terrible it’s a joke, but they are talking about it on the news like it’s grounbreakinng. Am I going crazy, is there an epidemic of shit music being lapped up? Good pop/chart music still exist e.g Lorde. But this kind of shit just devalues music.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post
    how does it happen that a song like Ciaras level up is so successful, it’s so far beyond terrible it’s a joke, but they are talking about it on the news like it’s grounbreakinng. Am I going crazy, is there an epidemic of shit music being lapped up? Good pop/chart music still exist e.g Lorde. But this kind of shit just devalues music.
    how can you deny the brilliance of these lyrics?

All this on me, so yummy, all this oh so yummy
    You know you want this yummy, yummy all in your tummy
    jesus. fucking. christ. i'm all for a fun, mindless pop song but this is utter shit.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Beck is one of my favorites but his new album "Colors' belongs in this thread....How the dude who once was king of the lo fi anti folk style and then started doing a brilliant hybrid of so many different genres it would even make Mike Pattons head spin, has now been relegated to doing Bruno Mars type pop shit is a sad state of affairs. I can't tell if its a blatant sell out or if he is just taking the piss..The fact he is still touring this piece of shit album 1 year later and playing the songs live makes me think he was serious about it....So sad

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It’s been said before in this thread but I hate what Lollapalooza has become. I read the bill and am disgusted that this shit classifies as “alternative” to be booked for this once great festival.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    It’s been said before in this thread but I hate what Lollapalooza has become. I read the bill and am disgusted that this shit classifies as “alternative” to be booked for this once great festival.
    Agreed. Over the years, I always felt the festival died when they decided to have Metallica as the headliners which I thought was a move that stood against everything Lollapalooza was all about. It never was the same after that and now that it's become this festival where you will have a pop star there. That's when you know that Lollapalooza is truly dead.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Lollapalooza once stood for something different and cool, but like many things that grew it unfortunately turned into even more of a business. They lost my respect once they started selling out all the tickets prior to even announcing who the bands and musicians would be.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Sham Pain? Do you really think you’re clever with your spelling and pronunciation for the song to actually be Champagne? Ew.

I REALLY try not to be a metal elitist but sometimes I can’t help it and I can’t toss enough hate this band’s way for how lazy and derivative they truly are. They seem to pump out albums every other year and it all sounds like the same “I’m a tough guy” drivel over and over. They’re so generic and vanilla with their imagery too in regards to popular metal music of the 2000’s.

Sexy women in bikinis in every video and band shoot? Check.
    Lazy “we love our troops” music videos, songs and rhetoric? Check.
    Singable chorus hooks? Check.
    Guns and violence imagery in generic artwork? Check.
    Mascot for the band? Check.

Such cookie cutter shit. Each time I hear a new single or video for them every album cycle and some how it’s always worse than the last!

As for being a metal elitist like I said above, I really try not to be. I champion all sorts of metal genres that aren’t just the universally accepted ones like black and death but fuck this band. They will not be spared my judgment.

I can’t believe Rob Halford provided vocals on one of their songs.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sham Pain is definitely their worst song. I grew up listening to them. Bought their first album my freshman year of high school, so i still have a bit of a soft spot for them. They haven't made a good album top to bottom in a loooong time. Just hit and miss over the last five or so years. Their bassist is awesome though. I've never seen anyone so accurate with throwing picks. He hit me and my buddy back to back with his picks from like fifteen feet away.

additionally, If I hear that Florida Georgia Line "Meant to Be" song one more goddamn time. I might have a stroke.
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 08-08-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    My friend's sister manages FFDP. The stories...oh the stories. Not appropriate to put on the internet, but man these pieces of shit are exactly what you think they are. And their music is abhorrent. Fuck this band with the might of a thousand suns.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)

Sounds like a less self-aware version of Avenged Sevenfold.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Sounds like a less self-aware version of Avenged Sevenfold.
    my abusive ex had the A7X logo (the skull with bat wings) tattooed on her right hip. it was so hard for anything in the bedroom to be enjoyable when i had to look at that fucking thing. :: shudder ::

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    My friend's sister manages FFDP. The stories...oh the stories. Not appropriate to put on the internet, but man these pieces of shit are exactly what you think they are.
    Oh, do go on...

At least a few snippets of the R rated stuff.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    so ... st. vincent remixed a maroon five song? that's weird.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    so ... st. vincent remixed a maroon five song? that's weird.
    I'm sure that's easy money. I remember when Trent remixed Puff Daddy way back when..

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I'm sure that's easy money. I remember when Trent remixed Puff Daddy way back when..
    At least Trent admitted that he did it for $$$$$. You can't fault him for admitting that and needing to pay the bills. St. Vincent doing Moron 5? Why? If it's money, OK then.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    At least Trent admitted that he did it for $$$$$. You can't fault him for admitting that and needing to pay the bills.
    He didn't half-ass it at least. I really dig that remix.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Sham Pain? Do you really think you’re clever with your spelling and pronunciation for the song to actually be Champagne? Ew.

I REALLY try not to be a metal elitist but sometimes I can’t help it and I can’t toss enough hate this band’s way for how lazy and derivative they truly are. They seem to pump out albums every other year and it all sounds like the same “I’m a tough guy” drivel over and over. They’re so generic and vanilla with their imagery too in regards to popular metal music of the 2000’s.

Such cookie cutter shit. Each time I hear a new single or video for them every album cycle and some how it’s always worse than the last!

As for being a metal elitist like I said above, I really try not to be. I champion all sorts of metal genres that aren’t just the universally accepted ones like black and death but fuck this band. They will not be spared my judgment.

I can’t believe Rob Halford provided vocals on one of their songs.
    The thumbnail image reminds me of some lame ass redneck Puscifer joke. Ive heard of this band and never given them a chance as i just know i wont dig it.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    They're taking potshots at Limp Bizkit, in 2018? These guys are literally nu-metal's afterbirth.
    And the song sounds like watered down Slipknot.
    Will never forgive The Firm for pushing these guys on us.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSPF View Post
    I love that you all have been keeping tabs on Core 10. They are the reason I occasionally check this thread. Lol
    Well do I have an update for YOU. Some news in the world of Core 10. Silveria (ex-Korn drummer) & the guitarists left the band. Probably b/c of what an utter abortion these vocalists are (not that they're very good on the instrumental side). SO now these two clown "singers" & the keyboardist (lol) recruited some new guys, and ok I can't wait any longer here's the new song bwwaahaahahahahahahaahaha

nevergonnaseenevergonnafeelnevergonnaseenevergonna feelnevergonnaseenevergonnafeelnevergonnaseeneverg onnafeel

Also, you assholes should rip off Helmet more.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    jeeeeeeezus that's so bad

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I refuse to believe this isn't some next-level joke. They can't not know they're terrible.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I refuse to believe this isn't some next-level joke. They can't not know they're terrible.
    Watch it bud, or the singer with the arm socks will come for you.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I love the one Henry Rollins wannabe douchebag. His vocals are even more atrocious than the hoodie guy's.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    OH YOU DONE DID IT NOW!

The other day I went on a 90's binge and bought (mostly used) albums that I never owned back in the day--Sponge, Presidents of the United States, Everclear, Everlast, etc. For a lot of these bands, I was like "Oh yeah, I remember that! Haven't heard that in ages!" I've been listening to all the 90's standards for decades--Nirvana, AIC, Soundgarden, PJ, STP, NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, RATM, etc. So it's a little refreshing to go over the b (and c) list bands.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^I'll forever remember the radio rip I had of Perfect Drug wayyy back in late 96/perhaps early 97 had the unmistakable guitar riff intro to Sponge's "Plowed" briefly right at the end of it lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well do I have an update for YOU. Some news in the world of Core 10. Silveria (ex-Korn drummer) & the guitarists left the band. Probably b/c of what an utter abortion these vocalists are (not that they're very good on the instrumental side). SO now these two clown "singers" & the keyboardist (lol) recruited some new guys, and ok I can't wait any longer here's the new song bwwaahaahahahahahahaahaha

nevergonnaseenevergonnafeelnevergonnaseenevergonna feelnevergonnaseenevergonnafeelnevergonnaseeneverg onnafeel

Also, you assholes should rip off Helmet more.
    They had a former Korn drummer? Woooow. I had no idea.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ^I'll forever remember the radio rip I had of Perfect Drug wayyy back in late 96/perhaps early 97 had the unmistakable guitar riff intro to Sponge's "Plowed" briefly right at the end of it lol.
    ME TOO! holy shit. man, i forgot about that. no wonder i always associate that sponge song with TPD!