Thread: Filter

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiral94 View Post
    renholder sighting on this album
    which tracks?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nothing In My Hands sounds very Gravity Kills to me. I liked Gravity Kills debut self titled release along with the follow up Perversion, but kinda lost interest in them. But this new Filter album is pretty damn good.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Any slower-ish songs on this record in the vein of Goddamn Me, The Only Way Is The Wrong Way, Miss Blue or Surprise?

My vinyl copy should be here Tuesday. I've only heard TMTH back when it was first released..
    Final track, head of fire, 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    which tracks?
    just one

"The City of Blinding Riots"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    What's the vibe of that one song Kid Blue on the Short Bus, or whatever it's called? Any good, or goofy like the title would suggest?
    That track is another scorcher! Really the whole album slays

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finally got some time with this album. I would have to say it is probably Filter's best since TOR. Every song is great in their own way. I'm really glad Richard didn't feel the need to add a song in the vein of Take a Picture or Surprise. As mentioned above he closest it gets to that is with Head of Fire pt2, even then its style is closer to songs like Thanks Bro.

Great stuff....current faves are Pride Flag, Welcome to the Suck, Mother E and Nothing in my Hands.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Finally got some time with this album. I would have to say it is probably Filter's best since TOR.
    Yes! Exactly how I feel.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I most definitely have to agree with those of you who've said this is the best Filter album since TOR but the question is, is this better than TOR? Could this be the 2nd best Filter album? I personally can't really decide.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    I'm really glad Richard didn't feel the need to add a song in the vein of Take a Picture or Surprise. As mentioned above he closest it gets to that is with Head of Fire pt2, even then its style is closer to songs like Thanks Bro.
    I think the closest he gets to "Take a Picture" on this album is "Take me to Heaven", but it's not totally pop overload with "Heaven" as it is with "Picture". Hell, "Picture" is so goddamn out of place on it's respective album, that it almost ruins the flow of that record. This record though, has a fantastic flow and "Heaven", while still a little poppy, still has a little bit of a dark undertone. I think that's thanks to the guitars on it.

Either way, it's probably the first Filter record I can say I have managed to get through front to back with not hating any songs. Good job.

Looking forward to seeing some if this stuff live on Saturday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was hoping for a bit more out of this album, but it is still pretty decent compared to the last few. Totally agreed with the earlier comment of it being good gym music.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Hell, "Picture" is so goddamn out of place on it's respective album, that it almost ruins the flow of that record.
    No way. "Miss Blue," at a minimum, is right there with it – and I'd argue that's the one out of place, not TAP, which has a bridge perfectly fitting the rest of the album. "The Best Things" is also right up in the same pop style, just not in a ballad form.

Edit: Also, re: Crazy Eyes – happy to hear the return of "The TOR/Almagamut" chords in Kid Blue/Your Bullets etc.
    Last edited by seasonsinthesky; 04-12-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I don't really follow Filter on social media, so I hadn't realized that Brian Liesegang was back with Rich Patrick in the studio since the beginning of this year. Now they've got a new album, reBus, coming out. If you like exclusives and signed stuff, they've started a PledgeMusic here (though several have already sold out):

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/filter-rebus

Otherwise, if you just want a regular CD or vinyl, it should be available cheaper in normal stores once the album is released.

I like the sound of the first song sample there, "Thoughts and Prayers", already.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That sounds better than I expected but those prices are insane.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    That sounds better than I expected but those prices are insane.
    I'll buy the CD via amazon once it's available. Always good to have new Filter.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    That title though...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hey, does anyone know any of the details about the Vinyl reissue of Short Bus due out on 11/2? Just curious because it just appeared as a pre-order on Amazon and other places. I had no idea it was getting a re-issue.

Did some more digging, there is going to be a white vinyl (indie exclusive), and "vinyl mastering by George Horn and Anne-Marie Suenram at Fantasy Studios and is pressed at Memphis Record Pressing."
    Last edited by renton44; 10-11-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    That title though...
    Looks like the plan is to change it, with input perhaps from fans (pledgers).

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just got tickets to see Title of Record in its entirety next Wednesday! I remember wanting to see Filter way back in '95 or so and not getting to go. Since then, though I've seen Richard sing with The Crystal Method, do an acoustic set at a benefit concert, and have even met him briefly, I have yet to actually see a Filter show. Looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New Filter, "Thoughts and Prayers" is out this Thursday, 6/18, 11:00 AM est.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New song is out--thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    New song is out--thoughts?
    Meh. Liked the sound of it. Reminds me of The Amalgamut, which was their last best album, but I'm not digging the chorus.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Was there not a lot of effort put into that mix? It sounded lifeless on my studio monitors.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Kind of reminds me of what's on Crazy Eyes, which I really liked. Not amazing, but a solid Filter song.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Much better than anyone would expect from Patrick in 2020.

Lyrics & singing are the worst parts expectedly.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Fine track. Better without the video.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Oof. That was laughably bad. Not only is the track mixed like shit, the chorus veers off into almost butt rock territory with the vocal melody there.

I'm having Ministry's "99 Percenters" flashbacks with how low budget the video is and how "hey remember us? we're making a statement too lol" the message is in the midst of some pretty generic alt-metal.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Richard made some comment on the Filter fb page about how Brian Liesegang is "a mess" and "can't handle things like he used to"......If he is hinting that Brian has a substance abuse problem on a Filter fb forum for everyone to read, that is a pretty low blow considering Richards past

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    garbage. im sick of the has beens trying to remain relevant.

also. if you dont have the budget for a video. dont put a video out.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I like the song even more after a second listen. The mix didn't seem great at first, but maybe it will sound better on disc instead of youtube.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Filter still has a fanbase much like NIN does. Both are fairly niche. .
    Idk about that. NIN is still a pretty big time band and can still headline festivals and headline an arena tour. Trent Reznor's name still carries major weight, whether its with NIN or score work....Filter at this point are one step away from playing Joes's Crab Shack in Tulsa....In the grand scheme of things, NIN is regarded as one of the most significant bands to come out of the 90s alongside bands like Nirvana, Radiohead, etc......Filter are basically considered one hit wonders from the mid 90s alternative nation boom and sit alongside Silverchair and Mark McGrath in the 'whatever happened to them' category....Richards politics aside, could they even headline a tour at this point?