Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BoJack Horseman

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

BoJack Horseman

So...I just finished this show, burned through it in one week. It is seriously fantastic, you guys. I have seen a lot of comments from people who haven't seen very far into the series who are giving up on it and that's so disappointing because this show just gets better and better as it goes on. The first episode is pretty rough (I can see why people might give up after that) but the second episode is much better. What shocked me was how much better it got. By the end I loved it and I can't wait for season two.

The thing about this show is, it's not hilarious. The jokes are very hit and miss and I honestly laughed maybe a few times per episode. But the thing is, it wasn't really the humor that made me want to keep watching. It was the story and the characters. This show has a surprising amount of depth, and gets really dark and sad toward the end. And it actually has serious character development which I wasn't expecting from a show like this. It's a really good, smart drama hidden inside a cartoon comedy about a talking horse. I loved it. I hope it starts to gain the audience that it deserves.

Last edited by theruiner; 08-29-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just getting into it and I can see it going that way. I like the humor a bit more than you but tomato tomato

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah the first episode definitely didn't hook me. I just sat there watching it and it was over and..... i was like....hm. ok.

Maybe I'll watch more.

Then again i don't watch many animated sitcoms.

Haha before i knew who Aaron Paul was voicing, I'm like i bet that guy right there is Aaron Paul and sure enough... lol

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just finished it this morning. It's way more compelling than I expected. Sharp Hollywood satire by way of Animal Farm.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Yes. This shit is the best! Watched the first two last night and can't wait to finish the first season. Excellent writing, acting, production design… truly biting satire.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I even like the title/credit sequence and music.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Me too! The intro is fantastic.

Man, I can't stop thinking about this show. I will definitely end up rewatching the first season at some point while we wait for the second.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i watched one episode and will be watching another...i thought it was pretty damned interesting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The trailer made me think it might be like many of the Adult Swim shows I don't like. Just like Rick and Morty I was pleasently surprised with how much I dug the actual show though. Not only does it have the Hollywood satire but also comes to some great conclusions about other social issues.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    For those who have finished the season, you might find this an interesting read. I thought this was a pretty spot on interpretation. Man, the more I think about it and analyze it, the more I love this show.

http://www.reddit.com/r/BoJackHorsem...r/consequence/

Also, watched episode 11 again today and had a somewhat different reaction to it. The first time I watched it, I was kind of torn between "I appreciate what they're going for and the overall message of the episode but I also think this is kind of stupid" and the second time I watched it I just thought, "No, this isn't stupid, this is kind of awesome."

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm not a TV watcher, but I was watching a video on youtube and an ad came up for this show last week. Looked decent, and always looking for a good new adult cartoon to watch, so gave the first episode a spin this past Sunday, i enjoyed it. My girlfriend didn't seem to impressed with it, but willing to give it another chance. But I thought it was good, and it's pretty hard to win me over in the world of TV in 2014.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Netflix just put up a bonus Christmas episode.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought Bo Jack was pretty good...way better than I expected. I only actually ended up binging through the first season and the X-mas episode cuz I was bored one weekend. It definitely starts of a bit slow but it's worth watching for sure! Can't wait for the second season. And love the Intro as well!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Season 2 stars in a few weeks! Can't wait. Loved this show! Glad they're making new episodes.

Last edited by ManBurning; 06-21-2015 at 03:03 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quick reminder the new season starts tomorrow.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Finished it all today. Very awesome stuff, is all I'll say.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Officer Fuzzyface is officially my favorite new character.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i'm gonna go check it out

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Fantastic season. Even tighter story and joke wise than the 1st. Now we wait for the 3rd.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Season 2 is awesome so far. I'm four episodes from the end. "Chickens" is probably my favorite episode of the season. Holy crap, that episode is hilarious. And I love Officer Meow Meow Fuzzface.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, I finished season 2 yesterday and I have to say, seriously, this is one of the best shows on television. Season 2 was even better than the first season. The damn thing made me cry. How is it that a show about a cartoon horse made me cry?! It is one of the best comedies out there and one of the best dramas, too. This show continues to amaze me with its depth and insight into human behavior. Just great, great stuff.

Also, I had a huge smile on my face when Spoiler: Diane and Mr. Peanut Butter patched things up.. That made me so happy. And, again, how is it that I can become so invested in a cartoon? I don't know but this show is killing it.

I can't freaking wait for season 3.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Second Season was pretty good! It started a bit slow like the first, IMO, but it killed it! Can't wait for hopefully a third season.

If you haven't watched this and are interested, do it! So good!

EDIT: Officially Renewed for a third season!
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 07-28-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    So, I finished season 2 yesterday and I have to say, seriously, this is one of the best shows on television. Season 2 was even better than the first season. The damn thing made me cry. How is it that a show about a cartoon horse made me cry?! It is one of the best comedies out there and one of the best dramas, too. This show continues to amaze me with its depth and insight into human behavior. Just great, great stuff.
    I was gonna say pretty much this. I don't think i could say it better.
    This show is just so fucking amazing, with its emotional depth and exploration of the darker side of the human psyche. And it's not even really ThAt funny, but it's a nice juxtaposition, the endless jokes.

It's pretty much the strangest show i've ever seen, and also one of the best.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    One week until season 3. I am so ridiculously excited.

I am rewatching a few episodes from season 2 and I thought I remembered just how beautiful this show was but I was wrong. Watching it now I'm even more impressed than I was the first time through. This might be the most human show I have ever seen. Truly. I'm sitting here crying about a stupid show about a cartoon horse. I'm crying and it's breaking my heart. It's ridiculous. I don't think I've ever seen another show really dig into what it is to be human like this one. I've never seen relationships explored as honestly as this one has. It has absolutely no fear about digging into all the dark places that we don't really want to think about.

Seriously, this show should go down as one of the best television dramas ever. Really. I never would have imagined that a silly show about cartoon animals would hit this close to home.

Also, Spoiler: the scene that really got me just now was at the end of "Yes, and" when Diane calls Mr. Peanut Butter and tells him that they shouldn't talk anymore. It absolutely broke my heart. And now I'm about to watch "Escape from L.A." and I know what I'm getting into and I know it's going to be even worse. This show is on a whole other level of good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is one of my most anticipated shows of the year...can't wait, one more week!