Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BoJack Horseman

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    I had the opposite experience. I was super engaged with Season 4, but I wasn't completely tuned in with Season 5. It was enjoyable, but I guess it didn't pull me in like Season 4 did. I'll give it another viewing.
    I felt the same. This is one of my favorite shows of all time and this was the most anticipated show of the year for me. I was SO excited to watch it. The season just left me cold. Not very funny and the story wasn't super engaging. I'm hoping season 6 will be better. I really hope this isn't the beginning of a downward spiral, though. I hope they end it when it needs to end and not drag it out further than it should be. I'm starting to think that might be the case.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Wow, I'm sorry you guys didn't like it @JessicaSarahS and @theruiner . :/

As for me, this might have been my favorite season. I'm 99% sure it was.

Again, it was the opiate addiction that I related to soooooo much. It had me in tears a couple of times. It would have been great without it, but i'm pretty sure that's what pushed it over the top for me.

I'm interested to see what the critics are saying.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-26-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Didn't watch the trailer, as I don't want any spoilers, but I'm really stoked for this. I don't always watch TV shows, but when I do. It's Bojack Horseman, hah.
    Seriously, this is one of the best TV shows ever made. Severely underrated. It's such a dark show, and oddly enough it's quite relatable.

This is apparently the final season. Going to be split into 2 parts. First part Oct 25th and final part January 31, 2020.
    Sad to see the show go, but to be honest, I'm surprised it went on for as long as it did.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The show did not end on the creator's behalf. Netflix strikes again.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    The show did not end on the creator's behalf. Netflix strikes again.
    If you read the comments, a couple of mentions about the animation studio unionized. Wonder if this is connected.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    They had a show on Netflix this year, Tuca And Bertie, which got rave reviews but was cancelled quickly. They also just put out Undone, which however is with Amazon.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    If you read the comments, a couple of mentions about the animation studio unionized. Wonder if this is connected.
    Why would the unionization of a company ultimately be it's downfall? I always thought having a union was a good thing.
    Stings even more knowing it was a Netflix decision now. More reason to hate them...

Least there is still Disenchantment and Big Mouth (for now). While not as good as Bojack, they'll fill the missing adult cartoon hole in my life for now.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I watched the new episodes over the weekend. Hard to give it a more defined review than it being of the same quality it has maintained, since it is obviously 2/3rds of a season as opposed to a full one. At the end of last season I came away thinking one more could probably wrap this up pretty well, and I feel like that has come true in a sense, but obviously the picture is not complete.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I watched the new episodes over the weekend. Hard to give it a more defined review than it being of the same quality it has maintained, since it is obviously 2/3rds of a season as opposed to a full one. At the end of last season I came away thinking one more could probably wrap this up pretty well, and I feel like that has come true in a sense, but obviously the picture is not complete.
    I watched them too.
    I love it SO much: the dichotomy of silliness and emotional depth. And the mental health and substance abuse issues still hit SO close to home for me.

In fact, I swear to god, some of this season was like, therapeutic for me.

It makes me sad that this is the last season

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

It makes me sad that this is the last season
    Hands down, best "TV Show" (streaming show... what you can to call it) out there right now.
    Sure gonna miss this show.
    I've been trying to savor the new episodes. I have 2 left.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    such a fantastic intertwining story. Loved this season so far... I was crying at the end of the first two episodes... probably going to bawl at the end of it all...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The final episodes/season of Bojack season 6 is now out.
    I haven't watched it myself yet, just bumping to remind those that may have forgot.

It's gonna be sad to see this show end. This has been one of the best shows in a very long time.
    I'll have to savor these final episodes.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    The final episodes/season of Bojack season 6 is now out.
    I haven't watched it myself yet, just bumping to remind those that may have forgot.

It's gonna be sad to see this show end. This has been one of the best shows in a very long time.
    I'll have to savor these final episodes.
    I got partway into season two and stopped watching for just that reason...I feel like I'm going to really disappoint myself if I just binge this in a few weeks. Trying to spread it out so I actually have something to look forward to.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I got partway into season two and stopped watching for just that reason...I feel like I'm going to really disappoint myself if I just binge this in a few weeks. Trying to spread it out so I actually have something to look forward to.
    Yeah, I'm not a binge watcher myself. I usually spread episodes out, the girlfriend and I usually get 2 nights off a week together, so we usually do a home cooked meal and watch some shows together once a week.
    Builds up anticipation, like the old days of waiting for a new TV show once a week, haha. Works well, as long as you don't have people around you that talk spoilers. But we don't have friends, so it's all good. Haha.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Finished the show tonight. Very bittersweet. Show has been a rollercoaster.
    Can't quite get the feeling this was a very underwhelming and anticlimactic ending.
    I feel unsatisfied. Sometimes an episode would end and I would be shocked or surprised or in awe, but the final episode was just... kind of meh.

I guess you can tell the writers kind of threw this last season together out of spite of Netflix not wanting to renew or host them anymore.