Thread: Canadian Politics

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    ^ There's also that minor "absolutely no plan to deal with climate change" factor, but hey, who cares about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    [PMJT] just doesn't seem fit for the job, he never answers questions, he appears to be more of a sheep in a lions world, and most importantly he isn't focusing on Canada enough.
    This is slightly vague, can you clarify what you mean?

I'm no big fan of Trudeau, to me he is a stuffed shirt just like Harper was and, while slightly better than the Conservatives', many of the Liberal Party policies and attitudes are unpalatable to me.

Politics is not able to deliver on the promises it makes (how could it?) but we have to choose the best option for the time and situation we are in. I think the Conservative stance on getting SNC its deferred prosecution agreement would be "of course of fucking course", right? BECAUSE MUH JERRRBS. Also this shit they were doing in Libya was happening under Conservative rule.

It's so deeply ironic that an Indigenous woman is at the centre of so much controversy around this obscure tradition we inherited from British Westminster parliamentary rules (where the Minister of Justice is both part of the ruling party's cabinet and also, as Attorney General, supposedly making judicial decisions above the fray of party politics). She deserves kudos for sticking to those principles but... like, who actually fucking cared about that before her story leaked to the Globe & Mail? It's just a turned into a media dunking contest now on JT.
    Last edited by botley; 03-07-2019 at 10:32 PM.