Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post

To be quite honest, I'm still not sure what the NDP is all about on the federal level. They seem to switch stance according to public opinion.

I am not sure if Trudeau will be able to charm Quebecers, his father was not a popular figure with most Quebecers. If Trudeau wants the vote, he needs to do it by convincing Quebec that their only way to get rid of the Conservatives is to vote Liberal.

I absolutely hate the Torries' foreign policies. We used to be a nation that was focus on peace missions and open dialogues. Not the case anymore.
I completely disagree with Bill C-10.
I disagree with the way the Torries are passing legislation through Omnibus bill, which I believe is unconstitutional.
How many times did the Supreme Court reversed decisions made by Harper and its party? Too many.
Time to go buh-bye as far as I am concerned.

Problem is that I just don't think Trudeau is ready to be PM. Can you imagine Trudeau and Putin talking about Ukraine? I can't.
You are right, the NDP seems to change the party stance according to public opinion. They seem overly desperate to hold the next government, which sends me red flags. It's also why so many have crossed the floor or now sit as independents. They really need a solid platform for a few elections to get trust. Otherwise it is another spot where the Conservatives can attack with their endless attack ads.

I think, not being from Quebec so my thought might be really stupid, that Trudeau has the best chance of winning in Quebec. It's true his father is unpopular there but he could easily say that, realistically, the NDP won't win this next election. Voting for him will lead to a Liberal government because it seems like the rest of Canada will go that way. While if the NDP win Quebec again, it could be a Conservative minority government.

It's really fucking pathetic that we have a government passing massive bills that receive little to no debate in the House. Only to have major parts of it amended because they are unconstitutional. Really, only 39.6 percent of the voters supported the Conservatives. It seems backwards that gives them a majority to do whatever they want. Not that I have a problem with having a conservative party. You need all sides represented in a healthy democracy. Just that this one is so corrupt and morally bankrupt, it's absurd. Play by the rules and I'm ok with them.

Trudeau does seem a little immature or naive at times. Like removing all senators from the Liberal caucus. It doesn't do anything, total publicity stunt because the senate is so unpopular right now. As for him dealing with the Ukraine, I don't really see anyone dealing with it. The whole situation is crazy. I like Mulcair the best out of the major leaders. Just don't think the NDP have a chance coming up.