Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Young Gods

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The Young Gods

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Young_Gods

I'm surprised there wasn't a thread about TYG on echoingthesound. For those who don't know them, TYG are a post-industrial band from Switzerland.

Today I found out that they'll play in my little hometown in Switzerland in about two weeks and I really can't wait to see them live for the first time.

When I was in Copenhagen last spring, another NIN fan from Sweden asked me if I knew a Swiss band called The Young Gods. I was surprised because she knew a band that even most of Swiss people absolutely ignore (oh well, most of Swiss never heard of Nine Inch Nails either, so...)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It is a good band indeed, they've released a few very solid albums but I think they seem to lack a bit of craziness to catch the attention of the masses. Never seen them live though so it may be a worthy show and I'd totally pay to see them but its a long shot here in america.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Envoye!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Sweet, talented guys. I had the pleasure of working with them back "in the day".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know the thread is old, but they're releasing a new record this month, called Data Mirage Tangram. It's mixed by Alan Moulder as well.

Such a great band and an influence of Outsider-era Bowie, one of my favourites besides NIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw them a few weeks ago, it was an exceptional concert. I also got the chance to meet them for an interview, they are really nice guys and have a lot of interesting things to say. The way they use sounds to paint mental/physical pictures is phenomenal. Their latest album is really good, maybe people don't relate much to it here because of the french lyrics, but sometimes I fail understand why they don't have a greater fanbase. (I'm french speaking so no issues fir me with the lyrics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Young_Gods

Today I found out that they'll play in my little hometown in Switzerland in about two weeks and I really can't wait to see them live for the first time.
    Just read this now ... This was in Fribourg, right?
    I was at this festival, mostly by chance. I was there on another day, and discovered another local band, The Rambling Wheels. They played a great show and I've been somehow a fan since.

During the Rambling Wheels show, I',m quite sure, the singer from The Young Gods was standing right next to me.

Never really got into them, though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I've been listening to a remix of Tear Up the Red Sky that just got released on the Cold Waves Compilation and I gotta say, they are such an underrated band. Their music is consistently good, different from among the rest of industrial acts and have been around forever! Take a listen here and of course, support the cause if you are able to. https://cracknationrecords.bandcamp....d-sky-crackmix