Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 2282

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Anti-bias training often results in a rebound effect where what was once implicit becomes explicit.
    Asking to be sure I'm reading this right; not because I don't believe you. Want to be sure I'm getting exactly what you're saying.

Are you saying that an implicit bias (something like pushing your hands into your pockets or walking faster through a "black neighborhood", despite having no consciously racist thoughts) is actually worsened and turned into stuff like "that guy looks sketchy because he's black, better go arrest him" because of anti-bias training? Because if so, goddamn that's depressing.

I mean, this whole thing is depressing, but that's just yet another thing that I'd never even heard presented before that makes it even more depressing.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Yes, essentially. Those (white men) who have to go through anti/implicit bias training get pissed that they have to d such a thing. Then it manifests in even worse bias that sometimes transitions from implicit to open hostility. I'm of course oversimplifying it a lot here, but that's often one of the underlying findings.

Which one of these guys do you think is the good cop?

Mentioned
    821 Post(s)
    ^ I just came here to post that!

It’s horrifying! That’s the second video I’ve seen of pigs shoving the elderly, seemingly not realizing that THE ELDERLY HAVE NO BALANCE.

It appears that this man found some kind of police gear and was trying to give it to the police. He’s bleeding from his ear, medical people on Twitter are saying it’s likely he suffered fatal injuries and we just watched these Nazi pigs kill this old man.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    The police put out a statement saying one person was injured when they tripped and fell.

Mentioned
    821 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Asking to be sure I'm reading this right; not because I don't believe you. Want to be sure I'm getting exactly what you're saying.

Are you saying that an implicit bias (something like pushing your hands into your pockets or walking faster through a "black neighborhood", despite having no consciously racist thoughts) is actually worsened and turned into stuff like "that guy looks sketchy because he's black, better go arrest him" because of anti-bias training? Because if so, goddamn that's depressing.

I mean, this whole thing is depressing, but that's just yet another thing that I'd never even heard presented before that makes it even more depressing.
    I didn’t understand what the “Defund the Police” buzz was all about on Twitter, so I researched it. I’d figured that Federal court orders like the one in Ferguson and in Chicago that requires changes and independent oversight would be really good.

I read this and discovered I was REALLY wrong.

Like @Sarah K said, defunding and rebuilding is the only solution.

Also, Federal legislation to remove the doctrine of qualified immunity. I don’t know if juries will change, but this stuff happening now may change it.

Mentioned
    821 Post(s)
    The police put out a statement saying one person was injured when they tripped and fell.
    Yeah right. These Nazis saw it being video’d, they knocked down the fucking cameraman.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I didn’t understand what the “Defund the Police” buzz was all about on Twitter, so I researched it. I’d figured that Federal court orders like the one in Ferguson and in Chicago that requires changes and independent oversight would be really good.

I read this and discovered I was REALLY wrong.

Like @Sarah K said, defunding and rebuilding is the only solution.

Also, Federal legislation to remove the doctrine of qualified immunity. I don’t know if juries will change, but this stuff happening now may change it.
    Thanks for that link. I hadn’t seen the article and it’s an excellent condensation that’s totally shareable to people who’d otherwise not get the argument.

Mentioned
    467 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Triple B Records & Have Heart are selling shirts with all proceeds to going to the Bail Project. Buncha others hardcore bands have done the same recently and their runs instantly sold out (Mindforce & Abuse of Power come to mind)

https://triplebrecords.limitedrun.co...rt?view=f22907

https://triplebrecords.limitedrun.co...rt?view=f22907
    Verb,
    those are suave.

buy me one, cuz. i'm broke till xmas.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Wow... Yea what I witnessed was the same pretty much, just not as aggressive at the time. They literally had all directions blocked so no one could walk peacefully like they were... We were literally trapped.
    and isn't there like a part of the 4th amendment that says they can't do that?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Yes, essentially. Those (white men) who have to go through anti/implicit bias training get pissed that they have to d such a thing. Then it manifests in even worse bias that sometimes transitions from implicit to open hostility. I'm of course oversimplifying it a lot here, but that's often one of the underlying findings.

Which one of these guys do you think is the good cop?
    basically what I said on twitter: You can see the guy stop for a second and think, "oh shit, I might have killed that guy" and stop to see if he's OK. If only that small moment of humanity had happened a few seconds earlier.

Instead the other one pushes him away and just calls it in. what the fuck.

Mentioned
    467 Post(s)
    ^ JESUS that makes me so fucking angry.

These cops are NAZIS!!

Look at this shit!!!

vid doesn't work for me, but, is this the cops beating the cyclist with billy bashers?

Mentioned
    821 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    vid doesn't work for me, but, is this the cops beating the cyclist with billy bashers?
    Yeah, click on the Twitter link and you can probably see it there. He's trying to cross the road and the pigs start using their billy clubs to beat the shit out of him. For nothing.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-04-2020 at 11:41 PM.

Mentioned
    821 Post(s)
    Yeah right. These Nazis saw it being video’d, they knocked down the fucking cameraman.

Two Buffalo Police Officers suspended without pay pending a formal investigation.

The man is in serious, but stable condition at ECMC as of Thursday night, reportedly with a concussion and lacerations
    ARREST THEM! NOW!
    Last edited by allegro; 06-04-2020 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Just change the badge number, throw a fake mustache on, and he's ready to go!

Last edited by allegate; 06-04-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Twitter doxxed the one who shoved him. Aaron Torgalski.

Mentioned
    821 Post(s)
    Twitter is trying to track down this evil child-abusing motherfucker, too. Had I been there, I swear to God, I woulda been in jail for assault. After he assaulted the little girl, he went after the young guy with the camera and pinned him to the ground with his bike.

Last edited by allegro; 06-04-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    as a guy who cycles I know that those shoes are actually kind of hard to walk in. it would have been the work of an ant to push him over, but then who thinks about that when you have a rabid fuck like that coming after you and your child(ren?).

Mentioned
    821 Post(s)

Mentioned
    821 Post(s)
    MAN, these kids sure have awesome restraint.

This piece of human shit was peacefully arrested for disorderly conduct.

Mentioned
    467 Post(s)
    Yeah, click on the Twitter link and you can probably see it there. He's trying to cross the road and the pigs start using their billy clubs to beat the shit out of him. For nothing.
    word.

i actually saw the video on Reuters YT channel as soon as it came up. there was no commentary.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    MAN, these kids sure have awesome restraint.

This piece of human shit was peacefully arrested for disorderly conduct.

RE the AWD: do these people not watch zombie movies? you know, the movies that consistently show how a crowd of people will absolutely destroy a person? Because the way they surround him there near the end, he should have been more scared.

But then I realize that that's what he is. Scared. Because he knows he's the new minority.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    There are two free ebooks right now that may be of interest for those new to this whole world!

The End of Policing and Who Do You Serve, Who Do You Protect?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Just a cop warning armed Proud Boys that they’re about to attack protesters; doesn’t want it to look like he’s taking sides. He’s been identified.

https://twitter.com/Satellit3Heart/status/1268950379762417666?s=20
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-05-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

fucking hell. these people need to use occam's razor more.

and there was a crass joke that popped in my head but I'll leave it be.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    who knew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

I await the clarification.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

I await the clarification.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    So instead of 2 bad cops there are 59, gotcha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "They were just following orders"

Where have I heard that before?

I also see the LAPD shot a homeless man in a wheelchair in the face. What the actual fuck. Who can defend that? Insanity. America is really fucking crazy.
    Last edited by paul_is_dead; 06-05-2020 at 03:18 PM. Reason: More stuff