Page 64 of 86 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2580

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It's just so fucking sad. I cried watching as Mr. Floyd was shown being motionless on the ground. The man is in handcuffs, on his stomach, pleading for help... What else can he do in this situation? Also, the officers hand was in his pocket clearly showing he was putting more pressure on his leg to make this guy suffer.

Watching people destroy cop cars with the police shooting fire grenades at them really turned my anxiety up on the diaherra dial; I couldn't watch anymore.

You have all these white, trumpwashed people storming governors houses and public areas with fucking bullets strapped around their chest, holding guns and literally pushing police officers and screaming in their faces and nothing is done about it. It has become literally embarrassing to be living in this country right now.

I've been a victim of racial profiling many times in my life and it is fucking scary. They really do not look at you as a person, but as a product of a different culture and look that they just do not respect and like.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    After the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police Department, Jael Kerandi, President of the Undergraduate Student Body at the University of Minnesota, circulated this letter and collected signatures of support with the demand that the University cut ties with MPD.

The University did exactly that the next day.

As someone who supports University student government as one part of my job, I love this, but hate that it is necessary. Student government and leadership often gets written off as an empty resume builder. But they hold so much power. If only more of them used it in this way.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    It's just so fucking sad. I cried watching as Mr. Floyd was shown being motionless on the ground. The man is in handcuffs, on his stomach, pleading for help... What else can he do in this situation? Also, the officers hand was in his pocket clearly showing he was putting more pressure on his leg to make this guy suffer.

Watching people destroy cop cars with the police shooting fire grenades at them really turned my anxiety up on the diaherra dial; I couldn't watch anymore.

You have all these white, trumpwashed people storming governors houses and public areas with fucking bullets strapped around their chest, holding guns and literally pushing police officers and screaming in their faces and nothing is done about it. It has become literally embarrassing to be living in this country right now.

I've been a victim of racial profiling many times in my life and it is fucking scary. They really do not look at you as a person, but as a product of a different culture and look that they just do not respect and like.
    While I get your point, lumping a group of people together in many situations is what drives them to feel marginalized. No one knows how the dickhead who murdered Floyd would have reacted when faced with some militia member. The whole "all lives matter" thing is stupid and totally misses the point, but it is born from that group feeling profiled. Movements target the disaffected and, now more than ever, it's easy to take an us vs. them mentality. Rhetoric. Twitter, Facebook, and any other social media sites have allowed for that bullshit to be spread around with barely a thought. It's basically the below scene from American History X.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I hope that's sarcasm.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It's not, sorry if that was unclear. What I posted in no way makes an attempt to excuse this abhorrent behavior (there is no excuse for it), just to understand it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

though the innate story in the movie is also problematic, how dense are you that you don't get the general conceit?
    Last edited by allegate; 05-28-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Well, there is really minimal data to demonstrate the effectiveness of implicit bias training within police forces. And of what is available, it actually often shows the opposite outcome or rebound effect of what was once implicit becoming explicit.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    It was pretty surreal to look out our windows last night and see fires burning all over the place. I've been through protests that got pretty crazy, even been arrested a couple times, but I've never been through anything quite like this. Maybe I'm still just reeling from all this, but it really does feel like something has cracked in our collective spirit here. People have fucking HAD IT. Everyone I've talked to for the last couple days, there's this feeling like we're all at the end of our rope. This is just too much. There needs to be consequences. You can't just break a man's neck and walk away scot free. People are tired of being terrorized. This shit can't keep happening.

And I see these clueless people getting all upset about about the fires and the looting, and it's like, these people just don't fucking get it. There are no "proper channels" or "appropriate venues" left for addressing something like this. At least nothing that actually works, nothing that results in a massive, permanent change. The very fact that these cops are still free is the very proof that this system doesn't work. If we had an actual functioning justice system, none of this would be happening. But you can't spend decades treating a whole community like pure shit and expect there to be no expression of outrage. One way or another, the hurt and the anger has to go somewhere, and when all the "appropriate" ways of pursuing justice are blocked off and rigged and broken, this becomes the only thing left to do.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I fully support doing things via peaceful protest and appropriate channels, but you're absolutely right. People have been trying that for far too long, and it's not doing anything. I don't advocate violence against others (I went off on a fellow liberal-leaning person yesterday for intentionally pushing the photo of some other guy wearing the racist hat, because he thought "that's my point - facts don't matter anymore, just try him in the court of public opinion and murder him because he deserves it"). I do not believe in an eye for an eye. But a bunch of people standing around holding signs or writing letters is going to do absolutely fuck all. They have to take drastic measures. They have to keep the entire nation's attention on the case, which a few posters sure as shit ain't gonna do.

It really pains me to think that destruction and vandalism are the ways to get this done, but honest to god I just can't think of anything else that has a chance of working. And I hate that I feel that way.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    It was pretty surreal to look out our windows last night and see fires burning all over the place. I've been through protests that got pretty crazy, even been arrested a couple times, but I've never been through anything quite like this. Maybe I'm still just reeling from all this, but it really does feel like something has cracked in our collective spirit here. People have fucking HAD IT. Everyone I've talked to for the last couple days, there's this feeling like we're all at the end of our rope. This is just too much. There needs to be consequences. You can't just break a man's neck and walk away scot free. People are tired of being terrorized. This shit can't keep happening.

And I see these clueless people getting all upset about about the fires and the looting, and it's like, these people just don't fucking get it. There are no "proper channels" or "appropriate venues" left for addressing something like this. At least nothing that actually works, nothing that results in a massive, permanent change. The very fact that these cops are still free is the very proof that this system doesn't work. If we had an actual functioning justice system, none of this would be happening. But you can't spend decades treating a whole community like pure shit and expect there to be no expression of outrage. One way or another, the hurt and the anger has to go somewhere, and when all the "appropriate" ways of pursuing justice are blocked off and rigged and broken, this becomes the only thing left to do.
    Stay safe.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Be careful what you see or believe:

This is fucked up:

Last edited by allegro; 05-28-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The guy who broke out all the windows at Auto Zone is WHITE:

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    National Guard has been called in. Hopefully they reign in the police who escalated this situation and don't attack the protesters.

Demonstrations are finally popping up around NYC.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Movements target the disaffected and, now more than ever, it's easy to take an us vs. them mentality.
    Not sure what ethnicity you are, but It's even easier when you are on the other side of this, like me and my family have been for years. I get what you're saying though.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 05-28-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The guy who broke out all the windows at Auto Zone is WHITE:

is that, like, the Richard Marx? wow. For some reason I thought he was on Chachi's side. 🤷

protip: windows key + . = an emoji list that apparently pastes into everything.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    it's going to be a long summer

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This is wild... Live on Unicorn Riot at the moment. Reporter was inside the precinct for a few moments and the place was absolutely destroyed.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    shit

this is going to get even more ugly I fear

I also can't help to think how the virus is going to spread now too
    Last edited by versusreality; 05-28-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    @allegro

The cop who started the escalation has been outed.

Last edited by Sarah K; 05-28-2020 at 11:01 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ^^^ YES!! That MOTHERFUCKER!! Everyone KNEW he was a pig! And pigs likely set that low-income housing building on fire, too!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The video of him in the act is even more eye opening.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The thing that upsets me to the point of blood-boiling anger is the alleged crime that Mr. Floyd committed:

Forging a TWENTY DOLLAR CHECK. Edit: Or now they’re saying possibly a fake $20 bill that might not even be fake.

I want all these motherfuckers to burn.

Mr. Floyd’s brother was on MSNBC tonight and said that his brother had urinated in his pants. Their lawyer said that a paramedic asked the police to check Mr. Floyd’s pulse SIXTEEN TIMES but was ignored. People who witnessed and protested the murder continuously told the cops that Mr. Floyd’s nose was bleeding and that the police were killing him, but they were ignored. The newest video footage shows THREE cops sitting on top of Mr. Floyd, even though he is handcuffed, respectful, calling the officers “Sir” and asking to sit up and telling them he can’t breathe and that he hurts all over. At one point, he calls out for his mother.

These pigs are evil; pure evil.

Yet, one of the Federal law enforcement agents was on TV today saying there were “a few elements” that were “problematic” in arresting these pigs.

Fuck that. We all saw this. There were zero problematic elements. Zero. Arrest all of them. Now.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-29-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Cool, cool.

The shooting already started, you dumb piece of shit. That's why we're here.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Didn’t the Governor already call the National Guard in, and they never showed up?

Let’s not forget that AG Barr refused to press charges against the cops who murdered Eric Garner just as the statute was running out. Never forget that. That’s on Trump and his Administration. Just like THIS will be.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/n...-pantaleo.html
    Last edited by allegro; 05-29-2020 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is George Floyd talking about gang violence

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Just an idea as to the “why” of burning and looting; Black Wall Street:

Pretty much every single instance of racial rioting in this country was sparked by police action or some kind of vigilantism against black citizens.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-29-2020 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The thing that upsets me to the point of blood-boiling anger is the alleged crime that Mr. Floyd committed:

Forging a TWENTY DOLLAR CHECK. Edit: Or now they’re saying possibly a fake $20 bill that might not even be fake.

I want all these motherfuckers to burn.

Mr. Floyd’s brother was on MSNBC tonight and said that his brother had urinated in his pants. Their lawyer said that a paramedic asked the police to check Mr. Floyd’s pulse SIXTEEN TIMES but was ignored. People who witnessed and protested the murder continuously told the cops that Mr. Floyd’s nose was bleeding and that the police were killing him, but they were ignored. The newest video footage shows THREE cops sitting on top of Mr. Floyd, even though he is handcuffed, respectful, calling the officers “Sir” and asking to sit up and telling them he can’t breathe and that he hurts all over. At one point, he calls out for his mother.

These pigs are evil; pure evil.

Yet, one of the Federal law enforcement agents was on TV today saying there were “a few elements” that were “problematic” in arresting these pigs.

Fuck that. We all saw this. There were zero problematic elements. Zero. Arrest all of them. Now.
    I just read a transcript of the 911 call that started this, and they don’t seem to know what they’re talking about. It’s a bit of a bizarre call
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/mi...lls/index.html
    Last edited by WorzelG; 05-29-2020 at 02:28 AM.