Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 2580

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Big NBA fan. hearing that not only are more teams wanting to boycott, some are just going to flat out leave and go home.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Just came here to post that. Easy to forget, but Sterling Brown was a victim of police brutality not all that long ago.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...cial-injustice

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    All 3 NBA playoff games have been cancelled today due to teams boycotting!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

one more down.

edit: what they said.

Last edited by allegate; 08-26-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    here is a video of the cops saying they "appreciate" this horrible monster. shortly after the video, he killed 2 and wounded another.

and yet he lives.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cell phone footage shows Kenosha police telling armed insurrectionists, “We appreciate you guys. We really do,” and giving them bottles of water. Shortly after this video was taken, one of these men shot and killed two protesters and wounded another. <br><br> <a href="https://t.co/ORN31z9IMw">pic.twitter.com/ORN31z9IMw</a></p>&mdash; Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) <a href="https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1298646698273603586?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 26, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    all you need is the "1298646698273603586" from the tweet and use the (tweet)(/tweet) tags, but with brackets [].

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Huge respect to both Milwaukee teams, Magic, Rockets, Thunder, and Reds.

edit: Lakers & Blazers too! Three games. Holy shit.
    Last edited by cdm; 08-26-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is some fucked-up shit right here. There’s video on Twitter with the cops telling the vigilante militia they’re “glad they’re there.”

Last edited by allegro; 08-26-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    NBA players having a meeting tonight
    may cancel the rest of the season
    some want to finish off the season. many want to protest.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tucker Carlson with some very grotesque (and therefore completely on-brand) framing in reference to the Kenosha twerp murderer. I’m not going to link it because it’s disgusting but I think we can expect this sort of vigilante thing to happen again.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I saw what Tucker said on twitter. probably the all time low.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "He was going for a weapon" you say
    He admitted to having a weapon. Nowhere does it say he was going for it. That was your spin on it. So you're just assuming that he was going for it. Cool. We get it man. We see what you are. You don't really need to drive home your point anymore.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    "He was going for a weapon" you say He admitted to having a weapon. Nowhere does it say he was going for it. That was your spin on it. So you're just assuming that he was going for it.
    Police make statements like this all the time. Bits and pieces letting the reader's bias take over to connect the dots.

Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    We get it man. We see what you are.
    Sure do. The whole ass.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Y’know, as someone looking in on this state of affairs from another part of the world, I don’t think I’ve seen shit in America this bad before.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Y’know, as someone looking in on this state of affairs from another part of the world, I don’t think I’ve seen shit in America this bad before.
    It's always been this way...it's just now everyone is more vocal. One side is becoming more and more vocal about actual equal rights, for Black, Brown, and marginalized Americans and the other is reciting the 14 words louder than ever before. Two differences though: 1. we now have a major party openly supporting fascism / encouraging vigilantism and 2. we're deep in a pandemic made exponentially worse by #1. But the underlying hate has always been there boiling under the surface.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsrib View Post
    Blake admitted to having a weapon, "which was found on the driver's side floorboard." By reaching into the car, he was literally going toward the location of the knife. It's not difficult to understand.

It's not difficult to understand.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Blake admitted to having a weapon, "which was found on the driver's side floorboard." By reaching into the car, he was literally going toward the location of the knife. It's not difficult to understand.
    You're making two very big assumptions: 1. The knife was found where the cops say it was found and 2. he purposefully entered the car to get the knife.

The former is debatable...cops lie pretty much constantly and with even more regularity when it means protecting themselves or fellow officers. And because Kenosha cops don't wear body cams they automatically get the benefit of the doubt. They know this and use it to their advantage. Fuck, cops lie through their teeth when THERE IS video and for much lesser matters (see Toronto Raptors GM Masai Ujiri video).

The latter is ridiculous on it's face...attacking two cops armed with guns and qualified immunity with a knife? That makes zero sense. Also, what kind of knife is it? Surely if it were a machete they'd be parading that thing around in a ziplock evidence bag screaming "LOOK WHAT HE TRIED TO ATTACK US WITH!!!" Instead it's just "oh he had a knife" and they let you fill in the details.

And let's also acknowledge the words of the Police leadership in Kenosha and Kenosha County WI...

Kenosha [City] Police Chief Daniel Miskinis (following the Rittenhouse murders)

Persons who were out after the curfew became engaged in some type of disturbance, and persons were shot. Everybody involved was out after the curfew. I’m not going to make a great deal of that, but the point is the curfew is in place to protect. Had persons not been out involved in violation of that, perhaps the situation that unfolded would not have happened. (emphasis mine)
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...wn-deaths.html

Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth (in 2018)

"Let's put them in jail. Let's stop them from...at least some of these males, going out and getting ten other women pregnant...I'm tired of being politically correct. I don't think I'm saying anything that most people in society aren't thinking but they are afraid to say it...In this country, in this community, in this state, we have to get to the point where we will no longer put up with the garbage people that fill our communities. They are a cancer to our society. (emphasis mine)
    https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news...chase-suspects (with video of comments)

He was re-elected 11 months later.

Taken together the above comments are indicative of a toxic, white supremacist culture. They're tellin' you who they are and you continue to tongue bathe 'em.
    Last edited by cdm; 08-27-2020 at 01:07 PM. Reason: extra word

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    But then there's the allegation that Blake's three small children were in the back seat. Perpetrators typically don't lead danger TO their kids; they typically lead danger AWAY.

If this allegation regarding the location of the children proves true: From a defense standpoint, there's lots of case law that's going to show that defendants typically don't increase dangerous situations where their kids are involved, e.g. getting into a car with your three little ones strapped into car seats in back, then reaching into a car for a knife to get into a knife fight with police who are holding guns while your kids are strapped into the back seats.

Sure, there might already be a knife in there because you live in a bad neighborhood and you keep a knife in your car for protection.

But, in the game of Rock Paper Scissors: Knife against Guns ain't gonna work out too well, and anybody on the streets knows that shit. And they sure ain't gonna risk their three babies strapped into the back seats for those odds.

Evidence shows that the cops had only been on the scene for about 3 minutes. They hadn't fully assessed the situation. They hadn't even looked inside the car. They hadn't interviewed anyone to determine what happened.

Technically, if there were three little kids strapped into car seats in back, that's reckless endangerment on the part of the police.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I'll say this right now:

I have a knife in my car. I'm an older white lady. And there's a fucking knife in my car.

But does that mean I'm out to kill cops? No, it means I have street smarts.

Edit: I also carry one of these.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-27-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

edit: because this post by itself looks like I'm an insane person, here's the post I'm responding to.
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I'll say this right now:

I have a knife in my car. I'm an older white lady. And there's a fucking knife in my car.

But does that mean I'm out to kill cops? No, it means I have street smarts.

Edit: I also carry one of these.
    Last edited by allegate; 08-27-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

wtaf is wrong with these people. like, how does one become this special kind of asshole?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    ^ Terrible. :-(

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Read very carefully.

You're not going to recruit anyone here. The video itself is basic litmus test to determine who among us feels everyone (including people of color) deserves a basic right to be recognized as human -- we then have those (like yourself) who feel dissidents that don't shape themselves in an image deemed appropriate by white supremacy deserve to have their lives taken from them. You're concern-trolling a Nine Inch Nails fan forum (of all places) trying to hawk fascism to people who have far too much decency to fall for it. Your time is better spent elsewhere.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Several MLB games postponed, NHL games are postponed for 2 days. NBA games continue to be postponed.

I love baseball, and my team is doing well, so I'm sad to not see them play, but this is more important.

Good to see the protest completed.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Trigger warning on the posts under this where they describe the complaint and what this POS did.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    In the WTF department...
    This is gross. Not only is it not relevant if true, there aren't search returns for that name in Texas or Wisconsin and I'm only seeing it on chud blogs. Certainly it's possible but it's also just as likely it's a right wing disinfo campaign to paint the victims as criminals.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    This is gross. Not only is it not relevant if true, there aren't search returns for that name in Texas or Wisconsin and I'm only seeing it on chud blogs. Certainly it's possible but it's also just as likely it's a right wing disinfo campaign to paint the victims as criminals.
    They are posting a record that looks like he was already on the list.

But I just looked, and he’s NOT on the National list, so ... yeah ... it appears that these assholes are just using some mugshot record of this guy from something else and spreading it as this.

Which is AWFUL, wtf. How low can these people go? The answer is always: There is no bottom.

(Irrelevant stuff, btw, was posted as just “wtf.” Not as relevant - or justifiable - in any way. Just simply a wtf. But I should have known better. I apologize. Mea culpa for that.)

Meanwhile, the Mom of the shooter kid dropped the kid off in Kenosha and there are photos of HER wearing militant garb. I wonder if charges will be brought against her as an accessory.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-28-2020 at 01:02 PM.