Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2580

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "feel bad for us. some of my men have beaten innocent people, including women and kids. heck, some of my men even killed innocent people. but please, feel bad for us"

this is not good.

the already dysfunctional relationship between community and police may now be beyond repair (it probably already was in the first place... )

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    the conspiracy of a old man being pushed down is just fucking stupid. worst president ever

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post

What is even happening now?
    I just saw this. like what in the fuck? How can he stand there and do that little performance without even the slightest hint of self-awareness? Oh my fucking god.

Stop acting like a bunch of out of control thugs who KNOW you can and will get away with whatever you want? How about that's step one?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I just saw this. like what in the fuck? How can he stand there and do that little performance without even the slightest hint of self-awareness? Oh my fucking god.

Stop acting like a bunch of out of control thugs who KNOW you can and will get away with whatever you want? How about that's step one?
    UPDATE

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

What is even happening now?

New York City cops, New York City cops
    New York City cops, but they ain't too smart
    New York City cops, New York City cops
    New York City cops, but they ain't too smart

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Minneapolis Police Chief to withdraw from Union talks

This is a first step in implementing sweeping reforms to the Minneapolis Police Department, and seems to be a leverage tool to get the Union to agree to a contract that includes greater accountability and real penalties for officers with problematic behaviors. The big thing will be to earn the trust of the minority communities, as they are negatively impacted far more than the white communities.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So, like 90% of the companies posting this tripe are doing it knowing it doesn't really affect a large portion of their bottom line.

These guys though?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Meanwhile, Trump today is saying he is "not even considering" changing Fort names named after Confederates.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    So, like 90% of the companies posting this tripe are doing it knowing it doesn't really affect a large portion of their bottom line.

These guys though?

i almost can picture all the southern white guys who love nascar that are upset. it’s such a good way to shake them up tho. i’m definitely savoring it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i almost can picture all the southern white guys who love nascar that are upset. it’s such a good way to shake them up tho. i’m definitely savoring it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everyone is wishing they didn’t already unfriend their racist redneck friend / family member right now....

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Everyone is wishing they didn’t already unfriend their racist redneck friend / family member right now....
    i’m definitely waiting for one person to post or not post.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Class Reductionism - not just for people! Apparently.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I think it’s interesting that the same group of people who think “Blacks should have gotten their act together by now, it’s been 155 years since slavery,” are the ones who fervently defend monuments and signs of the Confederacy, an army that lost a war 155 years ago, saying how important it is to remember and how central to their culture that era is.
    They're the same group of people who think "libs are a bunch of pussies who want their precious snowflake kids to get participation trophies".

Honey, there ain't a bigger participation trophy in the world than the confederate flag.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    and, quite simply, the Confderate flag is a representation of an ENEMY of the American flag. Not only did they lose (the idiots want to wave a loser's flags) , they were the enemy.

and yet Trump stands by it.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    and, quite simply, the Confderate flag is a representation of an ENEMY of the American flag. Not only did they lose (the idiots want to wave a loser's flags) , they were the enemy.

and yet Trump stands by it.
    A couple of years ago I had a true believer Trumper coworker (he even went to his inauguration!) and he told me that he's in a group that reenacts civil war battles, with costumes and cannons and everything, and when I asked him which flag he marches under, he told me that "nobody wants to be under the American flag". He caught himself, but it was funny. Yeah, all these guys who were upset about a black athlete kneeling during the anthem are literally pretend-marching against the flag

Fuck him.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Oh no...

and don't forget the second confederate flag!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Seattle mayor tweets "if you want to keep us safe, go back to your bunker. #blacklivesmatter"

hell yeah!

go back to your bunker!!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I don't know if this belongs here or under "Random General Headlines" - but Starbucks banning their employees from wearing apparel that relates to Black Lives Matter??? Didn't they learn anything from the time they kicked those 2 boys out and shut down for one day to teach all their staff about racism? What the fuckkk......

https://www.kron4.com/news/national/...-lives-matter/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I don't know if this belongs here or under "Random General Headlines" - but Starbucks banning their employees from wearing apparel that relates to Black Lives Matter??? Didn't they learn anything from the time they kicked those 2 boys out and shut down for one day to teach all their staff about racism? What the fuckkk......

https://www.kron4.com/news/national/...-lives-matter/
    Can't piss off a large section of your customer base by, you know, supporting civil rights.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

oh well that's fine then.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Can't piss off a large section of your customer base by, you know, supporting civil rights.
    Just seeing the update that they're now allowing it and even creating their own design *smh*

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/12/star...-backlash.html

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    trump: "the concept of a chokehold sounds so innocent, so perfect"
    https://www.vox.com/2020/6/12/212894...kehold-lincoln

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Starbucks policy is that employees aren’t allowed to wear buttons or apparel that supports ANYTHING, which is typical of any restaurant. It’s also true of any Federal job. Hell, most corporations and law offices don’t allow it.

Starbucks has a policy against wearing personal, political or religious clothing or accessories; workers told BuzzFeed that the company hands out buttons and attire celebrating LGBTQ rights and marriage equality.
    If the company hands it out, that’s different than if employees are making their own buttons or t-shirts for any “cause” under the sun (e.g. “Re-Elect Trump!”).
    Last edited by allegro; 06-12-2020 at 08:30 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is so fucked up. It's obvious that this cop deliberately stops just to trip this guy

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Apparently Elmo has been antifa's leader all along!!

https://www.elle.com/culture/career-...nn-antiracism/

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)