Page 69 of 86 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2580

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    WE didn't even vote him in. That's the infuriating part. He lost by THREE FUCKING MILLION votes.
    Popular vote doesn’t matter and we all know it; that’s why it’s so important that Dems win these swing states and ... well ... AS MANY STATES AS POSSIBLE by a landslide.

Governor Pritzker says Trump can go fuck himself, Trump can’t institute the Insurrection Act in states without request.

Trump held the Bible upside-down in front of the boarded-up church for a photo op (for which he cleared the streets by gassing and shooting with giant rubber bullets legally and peacefully protesting citizens), then walks back. What the fuck.

Bill Barr came out to observe, first, and laughed at protesters getting gassed.

The fact that peaceful protesters were getting shot and gassed on the street AS TRUMP WAS SPEAKING IN THE ROSE GARDEN about how he “respects peaceful protesters” was one of the scariest things I’ve ever seen.

Trump was accompanied by Ivanka, Jared, Kayleigh Asshole, the military, Barr, all sorts of higher-ups.

Folks, we are now in Gilead.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-01-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Peaceful protesters in DC rushed and pushed out of the way so that Trump could cross over and take a photo op holding a bible outside a church. Really.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The leaders of that church are PISSED...and for good reason.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Peaceful protesters in DC rushed and pushed out of the way so that Trump could cross over and take a photo op holding a bible outside a church. Really.
    Not rushed and pushed.

Tear gas and rubber bullets were used, and horses. It was awful. People had their hands up, the curfew wasn’t over, they had no idea what was coming, no warning. It was sadistic and unlawful.

CNN just noted that Pence wasn’t there at this side show, nor was Melania.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-01-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    my thoughts on the state of this country right now:

erased. over. out.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_is_dead View Post
    You guys have to vote him out in November. He is a nutter.
    Sadly, the reality is there's no way he's losing in November. We're in this hells-cape for another four years.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Sadly, the reality is there's no way he's losing in November. We're in this hells-cape for another four years.
    We had a better chance with Hillary in ‘16 and she was horrid to a comical degree. We sure love to lose.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Not the place, guys.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Not rushed and pushed.

Tear gas and rubber bullets were used, and horses. It was awful. People had their hands up, the curfew wasn’t over, they had no idea what was coming, no warning. It was sadistic and unlawful.

CNN just noted that Pence wasn’t there at this side show, nor was Melania.
    I've seen, I actually just came back to update my post. I can't wait to hear the MAGAs try to spin this shit.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    As suspected, Twitter uncovered these assholes:

“White nationalist group posing as antifa called for violence on Twitter: Other misinformation and misleading claims spread across Twitter on Sunday night and into Monday related to the protests.“

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securit...avior-n1221456

A Twitter account claiming to belong to a national “antifa” organization and pushing violent rhetoric related to ongoing protests has been linked to the white nationalist group Identity Evropa, according to a Twitter spokesperson.

The spokesperson said the account violated the company's platform manipulation and spam policy, specifically the creation of fake accounts. Twitter suspended the account after a tweet that incited violence.

As protests were taking place in multiple states across the U.S. Sunday night, the newly created account, @ANTIFA_US, tweeted, “Tonight’s the night, Comrades,” with a brown raised fist emoji and “Tonight we say 'F--- The City' and we move into the residential areas... the white hoods.... and we take what's ours …”

This isn’t the first time Twitter has taken action against fake accounts engaged in hateful conduct linked to Identity Evropa, according to the spokesperson.

The antifa movement — a network of loosely organized radical groups who use direct action to fight the far-right and fascism — has been targeted by President Donald Trump as the force behind some of the violence and property destruction seen at some protests, though little evidence has been provided for such claims.

Other misinformation and misleading claims spread across Twitter on Sunday night and into Monday related to the protests.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-01-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I've seen, I actually just came back to update my post. I can't wait to hear the MAGAs try to spin this shit.
    They’re already applauding it. They love authoritarianism. He’s their fearless leader. Add a Bible and talk about the 2nd Amendment (militia) and this is orgasmic for them.

The symbolism of him gassing and shooting “leftist” citizens, then walking to a church and holding up a Bible was some scary Kabuki theater staged specifically for the Trump sycophants. They’re already on Twitter saying they’re waiting to be called by Trump as a militia to shoot “leftist protesters.”

Last edited by allegro; 06-01-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

The symbolism of him gassing and shooting “leftist” citizens, then walking to a church and holding up a Bible was some scary Kabuki theater staged specifically for the Trump sycophants. They’re already on Twitter saying they’re waiting to be called by Trump as a militia to shoot “leftist protesters.”
    What better metaphor for the entirety of this presidency, than Trump blasting peaceful protestors with tear gas, people there fighting systemic racial injustice in our country, just so he could march in front of a church, pretend to be pious and religious, and then pause holding the bible in various positions for the photos. Am I losing my mind, or is this THE CRAZIEST thing? Remember when we used to argue about whether or not he actually had some fascist hallmarks to his behavior?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

There should probably be more of this to actually help the unrest. Police are still human first with human feelings. Joining a peaceful protest against the type of people that give police a bad name is a step in the right direction. imagine if lines of Police did this, they're probably apprehensive though. Least with actual protesters and and ones wanting change would definitely be accepting of police like this man.

Was a neat video, not sure if it was posted here before.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Military helicopters already being used in DC. Diving at protesters at dangerously low levels. NYPD was doing this in my neighborhood the other day.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

There should probably be more of this to actually help the unrest. Police are still human first with human feelings. Joining a peaceful protest against the type of people that give police a bad name is a step in the right direction. imagine if lines of Police did this, they're probably apprehensive though. Least with actual protesters and and ones wanting change would definitely be accepting of police like this man.

Was a neat video, not sure if it was posted here before.
    Yeah that’s in Genessee County Michigan, it’s very small towny so that’s not likely to happen in Chicago, and I appreciate his attitude but this is a somber occasion so I think he’s a bit off with the “parade” thing. But, still, he de-escalated instead of escalated. Kudos.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Where’s the “Trump’s teeny weenie militia” thread?

jesus.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Also worth noting that today, June 1, starts Pride month - the annual celebration of a riot against police brutality and for the right to live.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I am really fearing the tensions exploding over the next few days and shootings occurring...civilians at protesters...with police joining in helping the civilians.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    THIS happened, so Trump could take a photo in front of a church with an upside-down bible in his tiny hands

https://www.facebook.com/nytimes/vid...27186094239312

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    LAPD Chief says that George Floyd's death is on the hands of protesters just as much as it is on the officers who murdered him.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)

ALso, you guys remember when I was concerned about Jade Helm, the military war games going on in regular American towns, back in 2015, and the black helicopters and shit? They COULD have been training for an actual foreign invasion of the US, Red Dawn style. That was my ultimate conclusion.

But now, I'm not so sure they weren't training for something like THIS.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    That church thing- attacking the peaceful protesters so the pseudo dictator could walk across the street and hold a bible in front of that church, to the sheer fucking horror of the church officials, and after giving a speech wherein he talked about how much he LOVES peaceful protesters, while in the same breath, threatening military violence against U.S. citizens...

Something clicked in me when I saw that. I just have this feeling that THAT was IT.
    That was the precise moment that America as we know it ended.

1776-2020.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    LAPD Chief says that George Floyd's death is on the hands of protesters just as much as it is on the officers who murdered him.
    "And I know that's a strong statement..."

No it isn't. It's stupid, and offensive even though it makes no real sense.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    This sucks. Every time I feel overwhelmed by the constant barrage of state-sanctioned violence / online MAGA chud brigade and want to tune out for the sake of my sanity I start feeling like if I do that I'm not bearing witness to the reality of what's happening. And then I start feeling guilty because here I am a white man, who has never once felt the burden of direct racism for a millisecond over the course of my 40 years, while others live it 24/7/365 and I'm feeling overwhelmed. Then I scrolled IG a bit and see all my friends posting the black square. At first it made me feel good..."Fuck look at all my friends feeling the same way about this situation as I do" But then you see what it's doing to the movement and question where the "campaign" even came from in the first place. And then that hopeful feeling turns to even more sadness and confusion.

So anyway, last week I told myself whenever I start getting depressed by this shit I'd donate some cash to an organization helping to protect black lives and fix the problem. Today I donated $50 to BLM Global and I hope everyone would consider donating to an org out there fighting the good fight...be it a local bail fund or whatever. It's trendy to ask for a donation match but I know that's not possible for everyone. Give what you can...everything helps and you might feel a little better in the process.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

If anyone has ever seen Back To The Future 2 (who hasn't)

We are living in Biffs America..Amazing how this movie predicted the future

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I don't know if this is crass or right on.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I see one person of color (not counting orange) in the entire photo. Maybe two, they're too far away to be certain of skin tone vs. shade. But that's it. Jesus.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    MN Department of Human Rights investigating civil rights violations involving the MPD
    Gov. Walz announced this charge and investigation at today's presser. It's not only going to look into George Floyd's death but also into conduct within the MPD over the last decade. This is a major step to getting some serious reforms within the department. I know damn well that Lt. Bob Kroll (head of the Minneapolis Police Union) is probably pissed about this. To which I say: GOOD!

Truck driver who drove into protest on I-35W bridge released without charges
    He's out of jail but could be charged later on. The state of Minnesota can't hold someone in jail without filing charges against them for more than 36 hours. By all accounts so far he did not intend to hit anyone, and video with sound has him clearly blaring the horn before he made it to where the crowd was sitting.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so I guess it was at the orders of William Barr that the crowd was gassed and forcibly broken up to make way for Trump's photo op.

Has anyone seen the way Fox and Trump (via retweets) are trying to frame his walk over to the church as brave and "baller" and badass? Literally retweeting people saying he "marched right through the riots." Some of the more religious types seem to be implying he did it through some divine providence.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-02-2020 at 04:36 PM.