Page 66 of 86 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 2580

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I was gonna post that, too. Thank you. <3

They even overtook a City bus.

I do some work with an organization that goes to post $1 bails for people, so I'm keeping a close eye on that tonight.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Is this it? Are we plunging into total anarchy? We have a government largely ran by people whom hate and want to dismantle said government, encouraging citizens not to follow laws they don't agree with. Plagues. Police state. Riots. Damn something has gotta give soon.

Not that I think there are many here , but you MAGA folk really think we are better off than in 2015? At this rate, none of us will be alive in 2024...
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 05-29-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    They even overtook a City bus.
    This broke me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Public transportation in the Twin Cities shut down yesterday and will not be running until Monday morning.

South Minneapolis has become a food desert now due to the looting and arsons. I can't help but think of the people who depend on the buses and light rail to get around, and how they will have to venture further into the city or over to St. Paul or the suburbs to stock up on what they need. They will have to either use cabs/ubers or ask neighbors to drive them to their destinations.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wow - powerful - notice THESE ARE ALL WOMEN

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    If the murderous cop is acquitted, that's it.

It will make the LA Riots seem quaint.

And it will be nationwide, in terms.of big cities.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    If the murderous cop is acquitted, that's it.

It will make the LA Riots seem quaint.

And it will be nationwide, in terms.of big cities.
    I'm so scared to hear what happens. It needs to happen fast because these people are not going to stop. The live feed of Atlanta is wild.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    ...because these people are not going to stop.
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'these people' but I'll just say it doesn't read very well.

Edit: We've PM'd and all's cool.
    Last edited by cdm; 05-31-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'these people' but I'll just say it doesn't read very well.
    I think they mean “protesters.”

This is all getting worse because it’s nationwide.

These pigs in KY are SHOOTING PEPPER BULLETS AT JOURNALISTS!

Wtf
    Last edited by allegro; 05-29-2020 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Cops tear-gassed and shot rubber bullets at protesters in my home city of Fort Wayne tonight. I am really mortified beyond words at what I've seen on Twitter about it so far.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    you know, I always thought Trump would somehow get us in a war before the election...

...but I stupidly didn't think it would be a Civil War...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tear gas and SWAT/riot police downtown here, like a few blocks down the road, at what was by all accounts a peaceful protest.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I think they mean “protesters.”
    "these / those people" can either be poor choice of words or it can be dogwhistle. Which is why I said I was uncertain of the intention.

Edit: I've PM'd Self.Destructive.Pattern and all's cool.
    Last edited by cdm; 05-31-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    stolen from Reddit who stole it from Facebook. I think? Is that the Facebook layout?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    stolen from Reddit who stole it from Facebook.
    This is cute and all and maybe retired sgt W Patrick Swanton is an ok dude but based on the video I'm seeing tonight I'd say a lot of what he's saying is overblown. There are basically two kinds of cops: the one that would kill a black man and not think twice and the one that won't say shit and help cover it up. I'm seeing clip after clip after clip of cops attacking people with batons, shoving people for absolutely no reason, pepper spraying unprovoked, nearly running people over with police issued vehicles, one mutherfucker opened a passenger door into a guy. I'm not buying this "99% of cops" bullshit. So sorry to burst this romantic version of American policing you see when you close your eyes at night, sgt.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    "these / those people" can either be poor choice of words or it can be dogwhistle. Which is why I said I was uncertain of the intention.
    I know that, but relative to their OTHER posts it appears they’re not a white nationalist so how about we take a deep breath and not start riots on ETS?

Meanwhile...

Jesus this is fucking disturbing:

Last edited by allegro; 05-29-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I know that, but relative to their OTHER posts it appears they’re not a white nationalist so how about we take a deep breath and not start riots on ETS?
    I was very careful NOT to call anyone a racist and made a point, twice, to give the benefit of the doubt. So if anyone here needs a deep breath...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I was very careful NOT to call anyone a racist and made a point, twice, to give the benefit of the doubt. So if anyone here needs a deep breath...
    You: I'm not sure what you mean by 'these people' but I'll just say it doesn't read very well.

Me: I think they mean “protesters.” (Considering their other posts.)

You: "these / those people" can either be poor choice of words or it can be dogwhistle. Which is why I said I was uncertain of the intention.

How are you giving them the benefit of the doubt, here? This sounds like you have them on the witness stand. Come on, man, things are tense, you say you are giving the benefit of the doubt but that tone in your post didn’t sound like it. Here is a prior post of theirs in this thread: https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...222#post496222
    Last edited by allegro; 05-29-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    ...but that tone in your post didn’t sound like it.
    Holy shit. Have a good night.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Holy shit. Have a good night.
    Thanks, you too.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    You: I'm not sure what you mean by 'these people' but I'll just say it doesn't read very well.

Me: I think they mean “protesters.” (Considering their other posts.)

You: "these / those people" can either be poor choice of words or it can be dogwhistle. Which is why I said I was uncertain of the intention.

How are you giving them the benefit of the doubt, here? This sounds like you have them on the witness stand. Come on, man, things are tense, you say you are giving the benefit of the doubt but that tone in your post didn’t sound like it. Here is a prior post of theirs in this thread: https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...222#post496222
    I don't keep running tabs on people's viewpoints on here, especially these days. All I meant was it looked like a poor choice of words. There was no tone. There was no accusation. You're reading into something that isn't fucking there.

This type of shit is why I became more scarce around here and maybe I'll just go back to lurking.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I don't keep running tabs on people's viewpoints on here, especially these days. All I meant was it looked like a poor choice of words. There was no tone. There was no accusation. You're reading into something that isn't fucking there.

This type of shit is why I became more scarce around here and maybe I'll just go back to lurking.
    Man I don’t want you to go back to lurking! You contribute intelligent stuff to the conversation!

Sometimes words are just words.

Anyway, really, it’s all good, we’re all on the same team. I truly hope you don’t decide to lurk and you continue to post.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-29-2020 at 11:52 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ ...

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    This broke me.
    It seems refusal to cooperate is part of a collective action and is the official stance of the Union. Fuck yeah.

Love to see it.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    waking up and flipping on the local atlanta news. they’re showing video close ups of broken glass so it seems everybody survived the night.

killer mike was at the mayor’s press conference crying for atlanta. his speech was impassioned but it was happening at the same time as the protest so i’m not sure the people he was speaking to heard it. hopefully they see it today.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    If anyone missed this- I know @allegro mentioned it...But here it is, and I cannot fucking believe it

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

is it just me or is the dumbass president trying to make it worse?

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...620930561?s=21

maga night means he wants his supporters to show up at a floyd protest right?

eta: he’s tone deaf. this is the wrong recourse for unity.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    is it just me or is the dumbass president trying to make it worse?

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...620930561?s=21

maga night means he wants his supporters to show up at a floyd protest right?

eta: he’s tone deaf. this is the wrong recourse for unity.
    it's not just you.
    And I really think that these protests and inevitable counter protest will actually transcend race/the catalyst event. I'm afraid we may be looking at pure left vs right, or, pro/anti trump, performing piecemeal Civil War 2, as I've been expecting.

I think that's what's going to happen.

This is the brink. This feels like some sort of massive turning point.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    If anyone missed this- I know @allegro mentioned it...But here it is, and I cannot fucking believe it

The Louisville PD "apologized."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...liveBlogHeader

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    it's not just you.
    And I really think that these protests and inevitable counter protest will actually transcend race/the catalyst event. I'm afraid we may be looking at pure left vs right, or, pro/anti trump, performing piecemeal Civil War 2, as I've been expecting.

I think that's what's going to happen.

This is the brink. This feels like some sort of massive turning point.
    If you watched MSNBC this morning, a shitload of coverage was devoted (as well as a shitload of Twitter all night) to these protests being infiltrated by right-wing extremists using protests to spin them into riots and destruction in order to spin the narrative. ("Look! Negroes = Bad and destructive! They wreck their own shit! That's why police have to be all militant with them!")

A post shared by on

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/p...-new-civil-war

https://nypost.com/2020/05/30/white-...haos-governor/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...396#blogHeader

Like this guy who's been ID's by Tweeple as an undercover cop, smashing out the windows at the Auto Zone:

Last edited by allegro; 05-30-2020 at 11:14 AM.