Page 35 of 86 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 2580

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    The 12 year old couldn't help he had shitty parents, he was just doing what was normal for him. It's our job as a society to do the best we can to help prevent things like this. There were many little things that led up to this, all which were preventable.
    fixing socioeconomic problems needs to be done at a much higher level than what the police can provide. End the drug war, redirect the money towards poverty and education. This kind of thing would be fixed over night. You frequently hear the "national gun deaths" statistic any time a white kid shoots up a school, but the statistics are made up of mostly black bodies and mostly from gang related situations. Thats one of the reasons the gun control people infuriate me... what says "white lives matter more" than than only freaking out when white kids die, then having the gall to use black bodies to push your cause.

but this is why the 12yo with a toy gun thing isn't a problem with police misconduct.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Oh noez! The country's in danger! Where's my Life Alert bracelet??
    see what happens when u fall and can't get up...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It's not a "trend," it's always been that way.
    Of course. My b on the word choice. I just meant it as something that tends to happen. u.u

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I told myself I was taking a mental health break from this thread, but I had to post this.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    ^ didn't see anyone in close range, and that includes cops. Dude still got shot after pointing the gun at the cops.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    http://abc7news.com/live/7704/
    I just saw a van try to ram through a fence in an attempt to cross the railroad tracks to escape from police...
    and now someone set a car on fire on the road, near the fence, seemingly trying to "make it explode" to tear the other fence down... This is fucking insane. What the fuck, do people think is a fucking video game?

edit: sorry about the consistent edits in my post, my I'm kind of tired, but can't fall asleep.
    This actually looks to be unrelated to the Ferguson protests. Oakland has these retarded "sideshows" multiple times per week where the completely take over the public roads and act like assholes. They fire guns at random, and even attack police cars that have cops inside... all without any action from cops.

Looks like the cops finally did something, and my god was it one hell of a catch... ~150 cars (over 200people) trapped and lots of weapons were found. Seems they were able to finally do something about it because they were out there and monitoring the Ferguson protests:

http://abc7news.com/automotive/polic...deshow/413611/
    The video recap is definitely worth watching.

Last edited by DigitalChaos; 11-28-2014 at 01:56 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wow, really? Sorry about that then, I assumed otherwise because of the sheer number of people involved.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Without the ferguson protests, they wouldn't have been caught. So it's kinda related. I just cant believe there was a baby inside the van that you saw ramming through the fence & train tracks

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...dd-up.cnn.html

When Nancy fucking Grace doesn't side with the cop...

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Thus proving that the insufferable nature of Nancy Grace has nothing to do with her opinions. That video was horrible to listen to.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    The cop is doing his job...

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    The cop is doing his job...
    Couldn't agree more about the cop doing his job but you got issues if you call the cops on some random dude talking a walk outside.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...dd-up.cnn.html

When Nancy fucking Grace doesn't side with the cop...
    I don't think she's ever been right about anything.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Ummm... TOT MOM. Hahaha.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Ummm... TOT MOM. Hahaha.
    Ugh.
    She is the female equivalent to that news anchor from V for Vendetta.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Also my god is this relevant haha

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    We need a douchebag citizen misconduct thread.

Last edited by tony.parente; 11-29-2014 at 06:36 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Also my god is this relevant haha

Also an accurate representation of what black people often experience for existing.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    Also an accurate representation of what black people often experience for existing.
    That's more than a slight exaggeration for America 2014. If we were talking 60 years ago absofrigginlutely

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That's more than a slight exaggeration for America 2014. If we were talking 60 years ago absofrigginlutely
    lol if its not an exaggeration when it comes to attitudes in debate how could you suggest it is when it comes to racism against black people (especially lower income black people) in America? Ever heard of the drug war? Stop and frisk? Voting restrictions? And also yes the subject of this very thread. All much more threatening and more tangible forms of oppression than being yelled at for supporting Darren Wilson.
    Last edited by littlemonkey613; 11-29-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    lol if its not an exaggeration when it comes to attitudes in debate how could you suggest it is when it comes to racism against black people (especially lower income black people) in America? Ever heard of the drug war? Stop and frisk? Voting restrictions? And also yes the subject of this very thread. All much more threatening and more tangible forms of oppression than being yelled at for supporting Darren Wilson.
    When people are shutting down entire interstates, businesses and pretty much entire cities in direct relation to race related issues I'd say there is more support for racial equality than in any time in human history.

This doesn't exist anymore:

This does:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^It is not support for racial equality that exists, it is desperation and rage aimed at the injustice black Americans have to deal with in the present.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    ^It is not support for racial equality that exists, it is desperation and rage aimed at the injustice black Americans have to deal with in the present.
    I think you're undermining the gigantic leaps we have made in civil rights over the last 60 years.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    And you're underestimating how far we still have to go.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    And you're underestimating how far we still have to go.
    I'd say we're about 85% there. We went from hanging african americans in our backyards and getting way with it to DWBs.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah. Now we just shoot them and get away with it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Yeah. Now we just shoot them and get away with it.
    I absolutely adore you even though we have differing opinions...but I'll trust a grand jury who sat through hundreds of hours of testimony, photos, toxicology reports, forensics, phone calls and autopsy reports over what anyone in this thread has to say. If we were to trust the jury who indicted him we have to trust the same jury to chose not to. But no one wanted due process, they just wanted a head on a pike because he's a police officer.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^ If you completely disregard the case of Mike Brown her statement is STILL TRUE.
    Also wtf are you doing facepalming anyone's posts?

As a black American I just can't with your bullshit. I am "undermining" gains in civil rights because I refuse to ignore the extent of racism in this country and refuse to pretend its not as bad as it is? Because I refuse to ignore my own experiences and that of my friends and family and all those other black people I marched with?

What I stated was fact. It does not undermine anything but ignorance.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    What I stated was fact. It does not undermine anything but ignorance.
    If figurative knives are at your throat every day simply because you exist I doubt it has anything to do with the color of your skin. I'm not ignorant to the amount of racism in this country, and i'm not saying you're not judged simply walking down the street because you're a black man or a black woman. I think we're straying from what we were initially talking about with that pic I posted. You and me are on the same side of the civil rights camp.