Page 18 of 86 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/09/us/st-...ing/index.html

Look they're trying to turn this man into a martyr and burning american flags over here now because the flag "doesn't cover brown people".

For fucks sake.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Look they're trying to turn this man into a martyr and burning american flags over here now because the flag "doesn't cover brown people".
    Just curious, where's the quote about flags being burned for not covering brown people come from? It's not in the CNN link you posted.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    @green liked your post, tony. Think about that.

I've read that gun he supposedly had was more like a sandwich. At least it didn't take about a week for the police to come up with a story this time...

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    @green liked your post, tony. Think about that.
    Please explain this, but not here - do it in the Airing of Grievances thread. Thanks.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Just curious, where's the quote about flags being burned for not covering brown people come from? It's not in the CNN link you posted.
    I heard it on one of the local news stations, fox 2 I think. They had to have a reason for the burning besides bring edgy and that was their reasoning.

EDIT: Here we go:
    http://fox2now.com/2014/10/09/live-b...-neighborhood/
    Last edited by tony.parente; 10-10-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    this is just beautiful.
    They cop was also pretty decent about the whole thing too.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Browns blood was found on Darren's interior door panel as well as on his weapon/uniform, confirming part of his story.

http://fox2now.com/2014/10/20/new-mi...official-says/

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Browns blood was found on Darren's interior door panel as well as on his weapon/uniform, confirming part of his story.

http://fox2now.com/2014/10/20/new-mi...official-says/
    yeah.. that's not going to get talked about in the outrage machine.
    Meanwhile, Al Sharpton is on his way back to Ferguson to stir up anger.

edit
    "...this still does not justify why this child is not alive,” Whitman said.
    jesus fucking christ, the couldn't help with the rhetoric, could they?

I really hope a fair trial happens here, but I don't think the public is going to be happy (regardless of the findings) unless the cop is in jail
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 10-20-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The majority supports Darren, as they should. The vocal minority never represents the whole.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The majority supports Darren, as they should. The vocal minority never represents the whole.
    What do you mean by "majority?"

I'm still not sure some blood in a car means anything, yet. It doesn't automatically fit the SCOTUS parameter when the perp is no longer a danger and is 35 feet away. Hold your judgments for now. Like that attorney says, there are two competing stories, there. Brown was bleeding from being shot by the cop while the cop was in the car. This is still developing.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-20-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    What do you mean by "majority?"
    The majority supports Darren's account.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The majority supports Darren's account.
    Lol the fact that you don't grok the obvious cracks me up. Oh, the irony.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-22-2014 at 12:24 AM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Only the "law and order" (mostly Fox News) crowd seems to support the cop. That said, im not sure why anyone is supporting either party until a trial can be done.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The reports I read said that the store owner hadn't even reported a robbery before the incident. Who the heck is releasing this "info" during a grand jury investigation? Certainly no kind of official source.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-22-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I would guess it is an official source, and that they're trying to get information that supports the police position out early in case the grand jury decides not to indict -- in the hopes that it will be somewhat less inflammatory when announced.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I was just going to post that Daily Kos article. Good questions there.

I don't know why Wilson supporters are celebrating. Well, maybe I do. I mean, he's going to get away with it but the autopsy results do not tell us why an armed policeman shot an unarmed civilian and then shot at him some more and then executed him. Also, I've said it three or four times now but you don't try to apprehend a suspect from your vehicle, you lazy asshole.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I was just going to post that Daily Kos article. Good questions there.

I don't know why Wilson supporters are celebrating. Well, maybe I do. I mean, he's going to get away with it but the autopsy results do not tell us why an armed policeman shot an unarmed civilian and then shot at him some more and then executed him. Also, I've said it three or four times now but you don't try to apprehend a suspect from your vehicle, you lazy asshole.
    Can you post the video footage that you're basing what you're saying on? Thanks!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I would guess it is an official source, and that they're trying to get information that supports the police position out early in case the grand jury decides not to indict -- in the hopes that it will be somewhat less inflammatory when announced.
    Nah, this info sounds way too convoluted to be official (although, their officials have done a pretty bad job with this so far). It makes no sense, especially considering the numerous eye witness accounts, which a grand jury has to consider.

The cop's account does not necessarily trump numerous eye witness accounts, and this sounds like some new twisted version of the cop's account (the PD changed its mind on the robbery story, publicly, twice already).

So far, I don't think we have heard a REAL cop's account; we appear to be hearing some kind of filtered story or PR deal.

If this really IS the new PD position, they are contradicting the info the police chief said in his 2nd press conference when he said the cops were not aware of a robbery, correcting his 1st press conference where he said the cops went after the 2 guys as robbery suspects. Now we're back to the robbery again? Hopefully the grand jury subpoena'd the store owner and got the time line.

The grand jury is only deciding whether or not to INDICT. People are acting like the grand jury is the judge and jury. All this is straw-grasping; ultimately, this will all depend on whether or not the corrupt Prosecutor is explaining the Missouri law and SCOTUS law re lethal use of force to the grand jury so that they're not completely overwhelmed. Should be interesting.

This PD is still in big trouble with the DoJ, though, for numerous reasons.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-22-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I said indict. o_O

If the grand jury does not indict, people will go batshit. Guaranteed. But if people within law enforcement leak information that is pro-police, it might get people used to the idea that the grand jury has perhaps some cause to not indict, and they'd just go less batshit.

The information doesn't have to make sense, be fair and balanced, or even be true, for an official source to leak it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    No, I know YOU said indict. But I know people online are getting too wacked out about this "grand jury" thing. Americans just don't seem to GET it.

Like when Casey Anthony was aquitted, and people out front were screaming RETRIAL!

If the grand jury does not indict, people will go batshit. Period. And this will NOT be the end of it. Pressure will continue to be put on the Prosecutor to indict. He may lose his job, either by being forced out or through the next election. Just because the grand jury doesn't indict doesn't mean this cop is necessarily off the hook and it's over. That will just be the beginning of MORE pressure to indict. This Prosecutor could have indicted on his own, without a grand jury. But he took the political way out.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-22-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Official autopsy says that Brown was shot at close range in the hand, which collaborates a scuffle - but does not explain anything else after that relating to lethal use of force.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    No, I know YOU said indict. But I know people online are getting too wacked out about this "grand jury" thing. Americans just don't seem to GET it.
    Americans don't understand the fundamentals of their own government or legal system. These are the same people who are ready to celebrate in the streets the moment a bill passes congress.

makes for a damn healthy democracy...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I love the leap in logic here.

"He was shot in the hand, therefore he reached for the gun and also deserved to die." True straw grasping. That "leaked autopsy" revealed absolutely nothing about the story that we already hadn't heard before. Police are just using this as spin, as usual.

Myers shot 7 times in the legs, six of which came from behind. Killed by a bullet in the head which came at close range. None of his DNA or prints on the recovered weapon.
    Last edited by nobies; 10-24-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nobies View Post
    I love the leap in logic here.

"He was shot in the hand, therefore he reached for the gun
    Well, yeah, that's what I don't get. I've shot a lot of handguns at firing ranges. If somebody's reaching into a car to get the gun of somebody who is seated with a holstered gun, that just doesn't make any sense. I'll have to see a demonstration of that. Anyway, whatever, he wasn't killed from inside the car, so the more important part comes a while later, 100 feet from the car.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    rofl
    it happens 14s in

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Cato Institute panel on wearable cameras.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?322284-...ctivity-camera

~36min, former chief deputy talks about how it was the culture where he worked to carry throwaway weapons should he ever kill someone and be in the wrong.

I believe there was also some commentary about how they would only conduct drug raids on poor neighborhoods because they had a much lower chance of resulting in legal issues (over wealthy neighborhoods).

Not exactly new stuff but more proof.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...l#.VFE_woo8Kc1

From someone who might know a thing or two about the fraternity aspect (Blue Wall, as he refers to it). Also, see his recommendations on page four, specifically number one.