Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yes, I was being sarcastic.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    San Jose Police Returning Mine-Resistant Armored Truck To Feds Amid Militarization Debate
    http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...zation-debate/

woo!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I haven't been on the boards much lately, mostly because of what has been happening in Ferguson, so I'm a bit late to the discussion.

I've been following this entire situation from the beginning to where we are currently. What has been the most shocking thing about this to me is that the truth of what has been actually happening in Ferguson seems to be getting zero play, despite the evidence being right there, right in plain sight, right on Carol Schaeffer's and Mustafa Hussain's livestream pages. What we're witnessing now, firsthand, is how the media crafts a secondhand narrative about the situation, which then inevitably becomes history. Even the Daily Show video, which I applaud, seems to be viewing Ferguson with binoculars from NYC. Even the more liberal news sites seem to only be able to pick up scraps of evidence, despite HOURS of this stuff being available.

So yeah, I'm a little pissed. Every time I read an article about "rioters behind homemade bunkers throwing molotov cocktails", my blood boils, because that shit clearly never happened.
    Last edited by nobies; 08-29-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nobies View Post
    I haven't been on the boards much lately, mostly because of what has been happening in Ferguson, so I'm a bit late to the discussion.

I've been following this entire situation from the beginning to where we are currently. What has been the most shocking thing about this to me is that the truth of what has been actually happening in Ferguson seems to be getting zero play, despite the evidence being right there, right in plain sight, right on Carol Schaeffer's and Mustafa Hussain's livestream pages. What we're witnessing now, firsthand, is how the media crafts a secondhand narrative about the situation, which then inevitably becomes history. Even the Daily Show video, which I applaud, seems to be viewing Ferguson with binoculars from NYC. Even the more liberal news sites seem to only be able to pick up scraps of evidence, despite HOURS of this stuff being available.

So yeah, I'm a little pissed. Every time I read an article about "rioters behind homemade bunkers throwing molotov cocktails", my blood boils, because that shit clearly never happened.
    So, what is it that we all out here on the edge are getting filtered incorrectly? I actually had to explain the arc of this "story" to a friend of mine and spend have the time qualifying it with "what we're hearing".

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

The thing is, this is the situation for the vast majority of things covered by the media. Any time I have been relatively close to something that gets covered, I get incredibly pissed with how inaccurately it gets covered. The bigger it is, the worse it gets. Unless you are there yourself, you have to be insanely skeptical to get an accurate picture.

So... mind giving us your perspective? Those livestream videos are NOT an accurate/complete source of info though. My post here (http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...441#post210441) specifically addresses that by explaining that they are essential "viewing the situation through a straw." The fact that you think the molotov cocktails were made up are also addressed in this post (hint: they aren't made up).
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 08-29-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Didn't s/he say "hiding in homemade bunkers throwing molotov cocktails" is made up?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh there were definitely molotov cocktails passed out, mostly by white agitators, and it's confirmed that one was thrown on the 13th, but other than that, niente. Another was thrown at a restaurant later in the week but was quickly extinguished. Still not sure why the cops were using an obviously staged molotov in the one "seizure" photograph, but whatever.

Also please explain to me how the livestreams aren't an accurate source of information, considering they're raw sources of footage from the events. They are literally the most reliable source of information from the events, especially when you start watching multiple from the same timeframe.
    Last edited by nobies; 08-30-2014 at 01:41 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    "Most reliable" and accurate are not synonyms

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Here's the thing, though. From what Ive seen, a few agitators (commies, anarchists) attempted to start things with the cops in a place where they already dont need an excuse to go to war with the entire town. But most mention of the agitators seems to have been ignored.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Also please explain to me how the livestreams aren't an accurate source of information, considering they're raw sources of footage from the events. They are literally the most reliable source of information from the events, especially when you start watching multiple from the same timeframe.
    What Dave said, and for the love of fuck READ: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...441#post210441

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Here's the thing, though. From what Ive seen, a few agitators (commies, anarchists) attempted to start things with the cops in a place where they already dont need an excuse to go to war with the entire town. But most mention of the agitators seems to have been ignored.
    So were these agitators captured in your livestreams? If so, link?

I have no doubt that there may have been some agitators (they exist in almost any protest), but you seem to be pinning anything bad on them without any true support... which is exactly what you are bitching about the media doing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    So were these agitators captured in your livestreams? If so, link?

I have no doubt that there may have been some agitators (they exist in almost any protest), but you seem to be pinning anything bad on them without any true support... which is exactly what you are bitching about the media doing.
    http://themissouritorch.com/blog/201...erguson-video/

https://vine.co/v/M3rvXzaAImd

http://pic.twitter.com/lPd9EYLJ3z

There's a lot more of this. It was mostly a handful of people doing the majority of the agitating, it seems. Antonio French was doing his damnedest to prevent agitators, though since his arrest, he hasn't been giving as much community support.

Last edited by nobies; 08-30-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

https://vine.co/v/M3rvXzaAImd

http://pic.twitter.com/lPd9EYLJ3z

There's a lot more of this. It was mostly a handful of people doing the majority of the agitating, it seems. Antonio French was doing his damnedest to prevent agitators, though since his arrest, he hasn't been giving as much community support.

lol, i think we saw that douche out here around the SF Bay Area OWS protests. Anytime there is unrest, people try to pull some populist message out to gain members. It always seems to be the communist and "anarchist" groups that instigate violence and property damage... along with random people that simply come to make trouble thinking they won't get caught. That said, I don't see the people you linked to connected to any actual violence in what you showed. There are plenty of pictures of people holding Molotovs and/or trying to light some. They didn't look like anyone you linked to either. It's not like Molotovs were an incredibly common thing here, it was a handful of people.... I just don't think there has been any proof on WHO those people were.

I will also say that I have seen MANY Ferguson people protecting businesses or just trying to get people to chill out. Even the Black Panthers were trying to control things.

edit: hah, i should have finished reading everything. one of your articles mentions him being in the Oakland Occupy protest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    "I have highest security clearance and I have a target on my back because I know too much" and "I wouldn't work for Obama because he's undocumented" makes him sound like he's full of caca though.
    I don't disagree with you, see my later "dickhead" comment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Facts like the president is an undocumented immigrant?
    No, that would be an opinion of his. The facts would be FEMA zoning, centralizing regional forces, REX 84.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Yes it does. He obvious does not live in reality. People who believe that shit should not be taken seriously in any context.

I'm sorry, what shit were you referring to?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Racism, sexism, truther, etc, etc, etc.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That NYT article is quite frankly, some horseshit. Lot of bad conclusions with no actual argument.

"Oh yeah, actual video footage shot on the ground by multiple people?

Not to be believed."

I need to compile a list of all the various lies that were spun by PD and government officials throughout this ordeal. Like this wonderful gem, for instance.
    Last edited by nobies; 08-30-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When did telling the truth become slanderous?

Edit: Has anyone posted this article yet?
    Last edited by skip niklas; 08-30-2014 at 11:51 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Ferguson

Judge Rules White Girl Will Be Tried As Black Adult
    http://www.theonion.com/video/judge-...ck-adul,18896/

The onion is pitch perfect sometimes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    http://postracialcomments.tumblr.com/post/96468331565

but don't worry guys, the cops are always right. must be a twitter loop.
    Last edited by nobies; 09-03-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Dude, didn't you hear? Some famous people had their nudes leaked. Nobody cares about the black people in Ferguson anymore.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah, well, the Ferguson Police were saying that all along, so no surprise, there. They said he had "no criminal record."

But disclosures during and after the hearing on Tuesday put to rest claims by Johnson and others that Brown was facing a murder charge at the time he was shot to death.

Cynthia Harcourt, a lawyer for St. Louis County Juvenile Officer Kip Seely noted that some juvenile records and proceedings are open to the public: those that concern crimes that would be Class A or B felonies if a juvenile had been charged as an adult. But there were none for Brown.

After the hearing, the Post-Dispatch sought out Harcourt to clarify her statement. She told the Post-Dispatch that Brown was not facing any Class A or B charges when he died, either.
    edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Dude, didn't you hear? Some famous people had their nudes leaked. Nobody cares about the black people in Ferguson anymore.
    This really is how this country operates; we have the collective attention span of rats. Actually, I think rats have longer attention spans. It's CNN's fault. For at least one full MONTH, CNN did nothing but search for that Malaysian plane. They had that same "Aviation Expert" reporting on its possible location, they have "wave experts" reporting on wave patterns in various oceans, 24 hours a day, nothing but a missing plane ... until the SECOND another news item came up. Then you never heard another peep about that missing plane.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-03-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Hey, CharlesCJohnson, can't you go cover something in Syria? I think you could really get to the bottom of this ISIS thing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Hey, CharlesCJohnson, can't you go cover something in Syria? I think you could really get to the bottom of this ISIS thing.
    Is making fun of journalists getting decapitated considered cool now?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Charles C Johnson isn't a journalist. See: aforementioned article.

I know, I know. Don't feed the troll.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Anyways, the Justice Department is launching a separate investigation into the entire Ferguson police force.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Charles C Johnson isn't a journalist. See: aforementioned article.

I know, I know. Don't feed the troll.
    I have trolls on ignore, I can't even see their posts.

After seeing that Shaun King's Twitter feed data, whoa, the whole Missouri government should be under investigation!!
    Last edited by allegro; 09-03-2014 at 09:28 PM.