Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Pretty sure Kim won't die, Nacho though...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think Kim will play a huge role in the Gene timeline, but I wouldn't be surprised if she is not around for next season.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    All I know is that tomorrow's episode is extended - on-air time is 9-10:25, running time without commercials is an hour. Gonna be good.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Last week's was too

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    (I'm assuming this is one of those things where one person starts a story, and then the next person continues it)

Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Last week's was too
    much for me to handle. Things got away from me when

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    No, last week's episode went from 9 to way past 10

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    No, last week's episode went from 9 to way past 10
    Oh....whoops.....is there any way for me to facepalm my own post?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Oh....whoops.....is there any way for me to facepalm my own post?
    If they'd just used some damn punctuation, you wouldn't have been in this mess

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Is it just me, or is anyone else on team Lalo?

I mean, I know he's a cold-blooded psychopath, but he's also just so charming.....I'm not usually into guys, but for this one, just maybe....

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I liked the scene with the Ferrari. But no, I ride or die with Mike lol.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

I mean, I know he's a cold-blooded psychopath, but he's also just so charming.....I'm not usually into guys, but for this one, just maybe....
    Yeah, Gus comes across as bitter, obsessive and unlikeable; Lalo is an asshole but at least comes as charming; the guy you love to hate.

As a footnote i will say that Tony Dalton got me impressed with that role, mostly because i know him since the beginning of his career in Mexico.
    I used to see him in Mexican soaps and movies, but the guy was always so unlikable to me, i don't know when he became a good actor, maybe all he needed was good directing, but you can tell he is having a great time and making the most of the character.

Also: good episode, but i knew they would keep us in suspense, the thing was 6 minutes away and the plot was still going...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yeah he annoyed me at first, but this season he showed how smart, and loyal, he was. I love that his over-the-top persona hides a calculating character. The aftermath of what Nacho did really made me dislike him. I knew it wouldn't happen, but I wish Nacho would have flipped on Gus and just ran with the Salamancas. It's sad that Gus thinks of him like a dog, while Lalo was actually going to reward him for his perceived loyalty.

On a side note: I love how Lalo even ackowledges that Tuco is nuts, ha!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm team Dalton, but not team Lalo. Can't stand the cartel people. Fantastic portrayal of the character though. I'm also starting to lose my taste with Kim, because I'm starting to get Walter White vibes - and I loathed that character. I was already a little uneasy about the minor cons that she'd get in on, but if she's going full-blown trickster with Jimmy...ugh.

I'll watch season six when it comes out in however many years, but I'm not sure if I'll make it all the way through.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This week's finale was alright. There's been better episodes and finales in the seasons prior.

@theimage13 Since Kim is obviously not going to be in Breaking Bad I am going to guess that she is either going to die in a revenge plot from Lalo or get fed up with Jimmy in the next season and tell him to fuck off and leave him and Albuquerque behind.

I am gonna guess we will see Jesse in an episode or two this season as Captain Cook with Emilio, even if just a brief cameo.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-22-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think the men who accosted Gene are her people

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Yeah, it was a great season, but the finale wasn't everything i hoped it'd be.

Is 6 the final season? Because i REALLY wanna see this thing intertwine with BB.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Is 6 the final season? Because i REALLY wanna see this thing intertwine with BB.
    Yes 6 is the final season, whenever they get around to filming (many guess we won't see Saul again until 2022 at the earliest).

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Yes 6 is the final season, whenever they get around to filming (many guess we won't see Saul again until 2022 at the earliest).
    The most recent statement I've seen is that they hope to start production in September, but obvious that's a big "who knows" at this point. For what it's worth though, it sounds like the only reason it would be an extended wait is because of the pandemic, and not issues with writing, contracts, having to wait for schedules to clear up, etc.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Could care less if it intertwines with BB, the series holds on it's own, but obviously it will.

It sucks we will have to wait to 2022 to see the end of the series, but it's for the best

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It really is a show of its own, but adding those little dashes of BB into it just makes it sooooo much fucking sweeter. When I saw the gnome again, I lost my shit!

This season was great, but it felt dragged out at times with the plot. They could have wrapped up what happened in this entire season with about 6 episodes, but when the tension is there, it's really there.

Tony Dalton is fantastic in this season and I cannot help but like him. I cannot stand the Salamanca's, but he really is the guy you love to hate.

I'm super surprised that Kim has lasted this long. I thought for sure after she saw that Jimmy wasn't sincere, that was pretty much it for her. I really thought she was just going to leave him after she quit her job at the firm, so her joining Jimmy in this charade to fuck over Howard has me a bit perplexed.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Better Call Saul season 6 unlikely to start filming until 2021

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/better-c...l-2021-2730355

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ugh... I'm dying to see how they will wrap this up.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just watched them all in one go. Ahhhh that was good. This show has the vibrant character that BB lost in it's final season, and the later film. I like both of those ventures, but they felt somehow colder and harder than series passim

Re: Kim predictions, I feel like her being murdered by the cartel is too obvious? But whatever happens, I think it will pave the way for Saul to go all the way evil.

It's easy to get used to Odenkirk's more mellow portrayal of this early iteration of the character - watch a bit of BB, and the contrast is quite stark.

By S5 he has graduated to brazen dishonesty and turning a blind eye, but he still isn't actually evil. I feel like perhaps she will turn bad and outgrow him, and become the next Chuck in his life that he is always trailing behind in terms of emulation.

Just as an aside, taking BB and BCS as one programme (more or less continuous production), can you think of any programme on it's TENTH season that is still this good?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm so excited. I watched the first two seasons a few years ago, but it was only recently that I got caught up on the rest. It's hard to compare it to Breaking Bad. Both shows have different agendas and different feels, even though they're operating in the same universe. As far as what will happen, I have a feeling that Spoiler: Kim may live. I can't seem Jimmy becoming the Saul we know if she died in some horrific way. My guess is that she takes things too far and ends up in jail or on the run.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Has anyone else been watching?

This season's off to another great start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The season started great. It feels a lot like Breaking Bad with the impact of events happening now and the scale. I'm really curious how things will work out here, but it seems every episode this season is going to be at least very good. If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    In the middle of re-watching Season 5 because I forgot a lot of parts. At the part where Jimmy and Kim get married.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    My wife and I re-watched seasons 3-5 to prepare (though we didn't quite make it to the end of season 5 yet), but yes, three episodes in and this season is already off to an amazingly good start. This week's episode REALLY felt like a Breaking Bad episode and as much as it sucks to see Spoiler: Nacho die, it was a fantastic episode. Also, something interesting I saw pointed out somewhere, every other character in that scene met their end in Breaking Bad. As Michael Mando himself put it, "There’s an ominous thing to this scene, where these are all dead men walking, watching the first man die. But they’re already dead, they just don’t know it yet."

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I tend to wait a few weeks before diving in, so I have a few hours straight to watch. Catching up in about an hour!

Edit: Riveting as ever! Episode 3 has me gutted.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 04-30-2022 at 12:08 AM.