Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    All caught up! Wow, this is definitely more like Breaking Bad! A coworker of mine said he read somewhere that Vince said that at the end of Better Call Saul, it’ll make you think of Breaking Bad differently. I’m excited to learn what that means!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Makes me want to watch breaking bad yet again, just to catch onto some of the references and see some things in a different light after this comes to a head.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I was trying to remember the timeline of when Nacho appears in Breaking Bad, but now that I'm googling it - it's saying he was never in Breaking Bad?? That's not true....right? How would we have recognized him then?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I was trying to remember the timeline of when Nacho appears in Breaking Bad, but now that I'm googling it - it's saying he was never in Breaking Bad?? That's not true....right? How would we have recognized him then?
    He gets a quick mention, but that's about it:

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I thought this as well at first... I was like ummm.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh shit! Oh shit! Ohhhhhhhhh shit!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Oh shit! Oh shit! Ohhhhhhhhh shit!!

I had the same reaction. It's going to be a long six or so week wait.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    The season was great so far, love how they ended Nacho's storyline and i was scratching my head at the Howard thing, but then it all made sense.

I think Better Call Saul, will end up as flawless as Breaking Bad!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 06-28-2022 at 12:29 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I did not expect that plotline to be wrapped up that quickly. It played out pretty much how I expected it to, but I thought it would be later in the season.

Great show still though, I don't really know what to expect from the rest of it anymore.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    I did not expect that plotline to be wrapped up that quickly. It played out pretty much how I expected it to, but I thought it would be later in the season.
    Same! I had a strong feeling it would go down the way it did, too (though I also expected it to happen 3 or 4 episodes later), but they still managed to make this episode tense as hell! I'm simultaneously super excited to see where they go with the remaining five episodes, and also very nervous for Kim and her fate.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    This show is just so crazy well acted by everyone who is on the show. Absolutely blown away!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Monumental episode, up there with the most lauded Breaking Bad episodes

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    There hasn't been a single Gene Takovic scene in season 6, has it? Pretty weird... Think we gonna see more of him towards the end?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    There hasn't been a single Gene Takovic scene in season 6, has it? Pretty weird... Think we gonna see more of him towards the end?
    I think we might be getting an episode or two of Gene. Afterall, the poster for this season is Gene and not Saul.

Spoiler: I will never be able to watch Breaking Bad the same way again when they are under the laundromat knowing that there are bodies under the floor. Excellent writing.
    Last edited by ldeaf2; 07-12-2022 at 04:02 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldeaf2 View Post
    I think we might be getting an episode or two of Gene. Afterall, the poster for this season is Gene and not Saul.
    Yeah, I'm expecting at least an entire Gene-centric episode. Maybe they close it out with two episodes that are half Gene and half Saul?
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 07-13-2022 at 10:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was a really well made episode. Wrapping things up quickly with certain characters. I wonder how many episodes are left in BCS timeline and if we are going to have at least one entire episode after Breaking Bad. Looking at the endings for characters in this universe (Walt dying, Jesse successfully escaping), something tells me Saul (or Gene) will be caught.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Maybe the last episode will be a "Gene-centric" episode, i'm sure Kim is looking for him!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Returning episode was fantastic. The show has been firing on all cylinders, and the last 15 minutes or so were riveting.

Spoiler: The look of remorse on Mike's face, is so natural and well done here after putting Howard in the ground. Like what was said above, knowing they're down there the entire time now is masterwork.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, not sure where we go from here…

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Spoilers just so I don't have to worry about ruining anything for anyone... Spoiler: I had predicted (and hoped) that Kim would survive and would leave/break up with Jimmy after what happened in last week's episode because she can't put what happened to Howard out of her mind as easily as Jimmy. I figured the guilt would eat at her too much, but I was surprised that she went as far as to retire from law and stop being an attorney. So I'm thinking we might see her again in the Gene timeline because the final scene of her in this week's episode didn't feel like a farewell to her character. They're not done with her yet, but I doubt they're going to have her appear during the TRUE Saul Goodman era that overlaps with Breaking Bad, which is there the show left us at the end of yesterday's episode. Yet another fantastic episode with superb acting. After this episode left us firmly in Breaking Bad-era Saul territory, I really think we're likely to get a lot more of the post Breaking Bad-era Gene timeline (I'm thinking at least two whole episodes), possibly with him reuniting with Kim after "fixing" the situation of being "made" by the mysterious cab driver (who I read had to be re-cast, which is unfortunate).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Was that Spoiler: Jesse's voice on the speaker at the end?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This hadn't occurred to me when watching, but I just listened again and you might be right...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Man, very dark episode. Spoiler: For Kim, it was always 50/50 for me with her leaving and I'm also glad she did (So far). So many nice little shots in this episode, but that time jump was definitely something lol. Pretty sad when you realize what they really did to Howard.

And that "Public Masturbator" line from Saul rang some bells as well!

Spoiler: It does sound like him for a second, but the character it shows speaking with subtitles is Francesca :/
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 07-19-2022 at 11:32 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Spoiler: It does sound like him for a second, but the character it shows speaking with subtitles is Francesca :/
    No, I mean the very last exchange, the voice that says "What?" Subtitles say it's a "man."

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    No, I mean the very last exchange, the voice that says "What?" Subtitles say it's a "man."
    I'm confused now... The very last exchange is Spoiler: Saul hitting the button on the keypad and someone answers "What?". On my end, the subs say it's Francesca lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I'm confused now... The very last exchange is Spoiler: Saul hitting the button on the keypad and someone answers "What?". On my end, the subs say it's Francesca lol.
    Here's what I see on Netflix. And it sounds like male voice to me. I guess we'll learn the truth soon.

jbBTOkW.png

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Mine says Francesca, I think it was just him telling her he was ready for clients
    Last edited by RJK; 07-20-2022 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Spoiler: I just checked and Xfinity closed captions also credit the voice to Francesca, which is who I thought it was when I watched it the first time, but it does kinda sound like Jesse. Either way, those cameos/guest appearances are coming real soon!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Here's what I see on Netflix. And it sounds like male voice to me. I guess we'll learn the truth soon.

jbBTOkW.png
    Oh man... From what everyone said above, I was still hoping your titles were right, hahaa. Next week cannot come soon enough!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 07-20-2022 at 10:54 PM.