Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    This season had big shoes to fill after the marvelous s3 and it definitely failed, but I liked the first and last part of the season. The absence of Nacho was a huge hit for the enjoyment of the show; the Saul/Kim-Mke-Nacho dynamic worked wonders, but when the former two(three) shared all the screen time, it fell flat in some episodes. I think part of the reason was the fact that Saul was not a lawyer. I couldn't give a rat's ass about Mesa Verde, and one of the most exciting shit was the whole Huel story, where we could finally saw the Saul we love/hate once again.

I hope season 5 will be the last one, and it will focus on the inevitable... they have so much ammunition to punch is in the gut repeatedly, that I'd be surprised if they let us down.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Really? No body is talking about this?

(I guess besides the date there isn't much lol)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking forward to it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Getting even more bleedover into Breaking Bad this season! I thought last season was kind of boring, so I'm glad they're kicking things up

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Good first episode of the new season. I'm glad there's another one tomorrow!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I wonder why he decided to cancel the vacuum order.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    The "Gene story" deserves a movie of it's own

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Best season starter episode in the series to date. Can't wait for tonight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I wonder why he decided to cancel the vacuum order.
    Looks like he was going to go after the dudes who "made" him. Guess we'll find out in 2 years when the next season airs!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    The "Gene story" deserves a movie of it's own
    I wonder how well the whole thing will flow together once the series is over. You know someone will inevitably stitch all those scenes together.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I wonder how well the whole thing will flow together once the series is over. You know someone will inevitably stitch all those scenes together.
    I think the "Gene story" is just beginning, either there will be a complete episode to wrap the story or a movie like "El Camino".

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I had such a stupid smile on my face when *spoiler* showed up on Monday's episode.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Looks like he was going to go after the dudes who "made" him. Guess we'll find out in 2 years when the next season airs!
    Aren't we getting the last season next year?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I think so. Im not sure if it came across, but i was being sarcastic about the fact that this season got delayed haha

Also, when those two guys were just blurs in the background, did anyone else think Badger and Skinny Pete?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Also, when those two guys were just blurs in the background, did anyone else think Badger and Skinny Pete?
    Yes, my wife and I said the same thing. "FIFTY PERCENT OFF!! LOL"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    They'll probably split it up into 2 parts, I bet. Doesn't S6 have more episodes too?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I believe this week's episode, chronologically speaking, is right around the time of the first episode of BB.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I believe this week's episode, chronologically speaking, is right around the time of the first episode of BB.
    What makes you say that

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I think Crazy 8 needs to spend a bit of time in prison first.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    What makes you say that
    Hank and Gomez got around 700 grand at the drop they were surveilling. That is the same amount he says they had during Walt's birthday party when a bust is shown on television.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm struggling to figure out why it is that I seem to enjoy this show, but outright hated Breaking Bad.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Hank and Gomez got around 700 grand at the drop they were surveilling. That is the same amount he says they had during Walt's birthday party when a bust is shown on television.
    Wow, good catch, I haven't watched the first season for quite a while, so I definitely don't remember the amount, but you're right. Also, I guess I was wrong about Krazy-8 having been in prison, it was Emilio I was thinking of, so you may be totally right about the timelines of the two shows finally meeting and beginning to overlap, which is very interesting! I'll have to watch for more evidence of this in the coming episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I'm struggling to figure out why it is that I seem to enjoy this show, but outright hated Breaking Bad.
    You hated Breaking Bad? That might be the first time I've heard that. Glad you find BCS enjoyable though! Maybe it's because BB was so much darker and so many characters met their demise in sometimes brutal and disturbing ways? Better Call Saul has had a few characters get murdered, but overall, it's comparatively much lighter in tone.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    You hated Breaking Bad? That might be the first time I've heard that. Glad you find BCS enjoyable though! Maybe it's because BB was so much darker and so many characters met their demise in sometimes brutal and disturbing ways? Better Call Saul has had a few characters get murdered, but overall, it's comparatively much lighter in tone.
    I hate drugs, the behaviors they lead to, and the idiots who glorify them. So any part of the show remotely related to that was just eye-rolling for me. And it seemed like there was a lot more of that in BB than BCS.

As for Walt...see, now this is where it gets interesting. I HATED the character because it just embodied the whole "I'm too proud to take help that's being of offered to me, so I'm gonna be a criminal instead". Ya got sick, a friend offered you all the help you could need, and you decided to go and be a drug lord instead. The whole thing just made me really angry. And real life is shitty enough as it is; I don't need to be angry at fake TV characters while I'm at it. I won't argue that the writing, acting, etc, were bad. In fact, the quality of it all is probably what made it so easy to have a strong reaction to it. But that's just not a reaction I've got room for in my life.

But then on the other hand, with this show...now you've got James, who started off trying to do the right thing (earned his law degree, tried for honest clients, etc), and for some reason his transformation hasn't made me nearly as angry. Maybe it's the pacing of it? Like Walter goes from decent person to monster in less than a season. The James / Jimmy > Saul thing, even though we know the outcome, has been a slow burn. Maybe that's why I don't mind the character as much? Or maybe it's because he's mostly operating within the law, albeit in pretty sketchy ways, vs being an outright felon?

Don't know. This turned into a rant I didn't expect.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    So.....anyone still watching this?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Oh yeah. Really solid season.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    So.....anyone still watching this?
    Yup. This and season 3 of Ozark have been stellar.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This show is really beginning to feel more and more like Breaking Bad. This week's episode was super tense and last week's episode was easily one of the best in the series so far. Really excited for the season finale next week! Also very worried for the well-being of both Nacho and Kim...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    This show is really beginning to feel more and more like Breaking Bad. This week's episode was super tense and last week's episode was easily one of the best in the series so far. Really excited for the season finale next week! Also very worried for the well-being of both Nacho and Kim...
    I liked this week's more than last week's. I think "super tense" doesn't even begin to describe episode 8 for me. As someone who has severe anxiety about things like getting lost and dehydrating...that was a hard one to watch.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Great episode that just passed. This season has a lot of ups and downs.

I hate to say the Cartel side of this show I'm not super interested in and haven't been ever since they introduced it in heavier doses around season 3. It has some good moments but is usually long expository scenes and dialogues, nothing wrong with it but I don't find many of the characters that compelling. We knew a fair amount about most of these people from Breaking Bad so it doesn't feel AS fresh. Still like the additional information though.

Next season we'll be high speed pedal the metal due to approaching Breaking Bad times. I wouldn't even be surprised if the final episode of the season ends with Saul getting a phone call from Walter White prior to their meeting in season 2.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Great episode that just passed. This season has a lot of ups and downs.

I hate to say the Cartel side of this show I'm not super interested in and haven't been ever since they introduced it in heavier doses around season 3. It has some good moments but is usually long expository scenes and dialogues, nothing wrong with it but I don't find many of the characters that compelling. We knew a fair amount about most of these people from Breaking Bad so it doesn't feel AS fresh. Still like the additional information though.

Next season we'll be high speed pedal the metal due to approaching Breaking Bad times. I wouldn't even be surprised if the final episode of the season ends with Saul getting a phone call from Walter White prior to their meeting in season 2.
    I'm with you. I'm basically here for Mike, Kim, and yeah, I guess Jimmy / Saul. If they off Kim next week, I honestly probably won't bother with season 6. Rhea Seehorn's acting has been a major part of why I watch this show right now. I couldn't care less about the cartel stuff (exception being the last scene this week).