Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 121 to 143 of 143

Thread: Better Call Saul

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,298
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This season had big shoes to fill after the marvelous s3 and it definitely failed, but I liked the first and last part of the season. The absence of Nacho was a huge hit for the enjoyment of the show; the Saul/Kim-Mke-Nacho dynamic worked wonders, but when the former two(three) shared all the screen time, it fell flat in some episodes. I think part of the reason was the fact that Saul was not a lawyer. I couldn't give a rat's ass about Mesa Verde, and one of the most exciting shit was the whole Huel story, where we could finally saw the Saul we love/hate once again.

    I hope season 5 will be the last one, and it will focus on the inevitable... they have so much ammunition to punch is in the gut repeatedly, that I'd be surprised if they let us down.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    2,279
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Really? No body is talking about this?



    (I guess besides the date there isn't much lol)

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking forward to it!

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Youngstown, OH
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)


    Getting even more bleedover into Breaking Bad this season! I thought last season was kind of boring, so I'm glad they're kicking things up

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    452
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Good first episode of the new season. I'm glad there's another one tomorrow!

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    592
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I wonder why he decided to cancel the vacuum order.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,203
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    The "Gene story" deserves a movie of it's own

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,600
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Best season starter episode in the series to date. Can't wait for tonight.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Youngstown, OH
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I wonder why he decided to cancel the vacuum order.
    Looks like he was going to go after the dudes who "made" him. Guess we'll find out in 2 years when the next season airs!

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,382
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    The "Gene story" deserves a movie of it's own
    I wonder how well the whole thing will flow together once the series is over. You know someone will inevitably stitch all those scenes together.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,203
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I wonder how well the whole thing will flow together once the series is over. You know someone will inevitably stitch all those scenes together.
    I think the "Gene story" is just beginning, either there will be a complete episode to wrap the story or a movie like "El Camino".

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,481
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I had such a stupid smile on my face when *spoiler* showed up on Monday's episode.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,481
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Looks like he was going to go after the dudes who "made" him. Guess we'll find out in 2 years when the next season airs!
    Aren't we getting the last season next year?

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Youngstown, OH
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Aren't we getting the last season next year?
    I think so. Im not sure if it came across, but i was being sarcastic about the fact that this season got delayed haha

    Also, when those two guys were just blurs in the background, did anyone else think Badger and Skinny Pete?

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,880
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Also, when those two guys were just blurs in the background, did anyone else think Badger and Skinny Pete?
    Yes, my wife and I said the same thing. "FIFTY PERCENT OFF!! LOL"

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,454
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Aren't we getting the last season next year?
    They'll probably split it up into 2 parts, I bet. Doesn't S6 have more episodes too?

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,481
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I believe this week's episode, chronologically speaking, is right around the time of the first episode of BB.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,382
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I believe this week's episode, chronologically speaking, is right around the time of the first episode of BB.
    What makes you say that

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,880
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I believe this week's episode, chronologically speaking, is right around the time of the first episode of BB.
    I think Crazy 8 needs to spend a bit of time in prison first.

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,481
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    What makes you say that
    Hank and Gomez got around 700 grand at the drop they were surveilling. That is the same amount he says they had during Walt's birthday party when a bust is shown on television.

  21. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    4,170
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I'm struggling to figure out why it is that I seem to enjoy this show, but outright hated Breaking Bad.

  22. #142
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,880
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Hank and Gomez got around 700 grand at the drop they were surveilling. That is the same amount he says they had during Walt's birthday party when a bust is shown on television.
    Wow, good catch, I haven't watched the first season for quite a while, so I definitely don't remember the amount, but you're right. Also, I guess I was wrong about Krazy-8 having been in prison, it was Emilio I was thinking of, so you may be totally right about the timelines of the two shows finally meeting and beginning to overlap, which is very interesting! I'll have to watch for more evidence of this in the coming episodes.

    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I'm struggling to figure out why it is that I seem to enjoy this show, but outright hated Breaking Bad.
    You hated Breaking Bad? That might be the first time I've heard that. Glad you find BCS enjoyable though! Maybe it's because BB was so much darker and so many characters met their demise in sometimes brutal and disturbing ways? Better Call Saul has had a few characters get murdered, but overall, it's comparatively much lighter in tone.

  23. #143
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    4,170
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    You hated Breaking Bad? That might be the first time I've heard that. Glad you find BCS enjoyable though! Maybe it's because BB was so much darker and so many characters met their demise in sometimes brutal and disturbing ways? Better Call Saul has had a few characters get murdered, but overall, it's comparatively much lighter in tone.
    I hate drugs, the behaviors they lead to, and the idiots who glorify them. So any part of the show remotely related to that was just eye-rolling for me. And it seemed like there was a lot more of that in BB than BCS.

    As for Walt...see, now this is where it gets interesting. I HATED the character because it just embodied the whole "I'm too proud to take help that's being of offered to me, so I'm gonna be a criminal instead". Ya got sick, a friend offered you all the help you could need, and you decided to go and be a drug lord instead. The whole thing just made me really angry. And real life is shitty enough as it is; I don't need to be angry at fake TV characters while I'm at it. I won't argue that the writing, acting, etc, were bad. In fact, the quality of it all is probably what made it so easy to have a strong reaction to it. But that's just not a reaction I've got room for in my life.

    But then on the other hand, with this show...now you've got James, who started off trying to do the right thing (earned his law degree, tried for honest clients, etc), and for some reason his transformation hasn't made me nearly as angry. Maybe it's the pacing of it? Like Walter goes from decent person to monster in less than a season. The James / Jimmy > Saul thing, even though we know the outcome, has been a slow burn. Maybe that's why I don't mind the character as much? Or maybe it's because he's mostly operating within the law, albeit in pretty sketchy ways, vs being an outright felon?

    Don't know. This turned into a rant I didn't expect.

Posting Permissions