Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Ticketmaster Class Action Settlement Offers Discounts (Next Year)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Ticketmaster Class Action Settlement Offers Discounts (Next Year)

I just read that Ticketmaster has lost a class action lawsuit and will be honoring discounts to people who have bought tickets from their site dating as far back as 1999. How big is the discount - $1.50. (whoopdie-fuckin'-doo) and will be limited up to 17 future transactions. Personally, I would rather get all of my ridiculous fees REFUNDED rather than allow TM to get away with not charging me on future orders.

You can read up on the lawsuit here

I really wish the government would see TM for what they really are and break up the monopoly they have on the ticketing industry. Did anyone else get an email talking about the lawsuit?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Personally, I would rather get all of my ridiculous fees REFUNDED rather than allow TM to get away with not charging me on future orders.
    This. I probably had about 17 ticketmaster events from this year alone! Ugh. I hate TM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post

I really wish the government would see TM for what they really are and break up the monopoly they have on the ticketing industry. Did anyone else get an email talking about the lawsuit?
    I got the email two days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyers getting $15M said
    you will receive one code via email for a $1.50 discount, up to a maximum of 17 codes. This does not include the additional benefits, for the UPS Subclass members, which are described below. The Codes may be combined up to a maximum of two credits ($3.00) that may be applied on future transactions as described above. The Codes are non-transferable, expire 48 months from distribution, and may be redeemed only for purchases made using the email address to which they were sent (or an updated address provided to the Claims Administrator or Ticketmaster and verified as belonging to the Class Member).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Said it before, but it's too bad more people didn't back up Pearl Jam when they tried to route those greedy fuckers back in the 90's.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Got the email too. $1.50 is bullshit, for the record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It turns out that they also don't have to stop charging exorbitant fees, they just have to acknowledge on their website that they profit from them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I got my email, and I'm glad I saw this thread first, otherwise I'd have been doubly irritated to read the allotment of 17 discounts in 48 months. As well as the line that says ticketmaster only has to note it's making a profit from the delivery charge, not that they have to stop. What else is new, though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They can do it because Ticketmaster clearly has a monopoly. Which is illegal. Why isn't this lawsuit filed under anti-trust, instead of just consumer class-action? We don't need a buck-fifty, we need a breakup of the monopoly, and more people to buy our tickets from. If this country has such a hard-on for capitalism, why doesn't it allow some competition in the god damn TICKET industry?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I haven't recieved an e-mail regarding this information. Is this only for U.S. customers, or will they be doing it for Canada as well?
    I must have purchased hundreds of events between 1999 and now.

Also, I wonder how they plan on tracking people who paid with cash at ticketmaster outlets, or were the fees only charged on online orders?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The email wasn't true "notice" pursuant to the Rules of Civil Procedure, so they PUBLICLY POSTED IT ALL OVER THE PLACE, TOO. I believe that since this is a U.S. Class Action case, only US customers will be a part of the class action. Cash? We Americans never use any stinkin' cash. We use debit cards at toll booths, now.

GO HERE TO OBJECT TO THE PROPOSED SETTLEMENT (or to opt out, haha).

sorry if this makes zero sense, i have a terrible cold coming on and can't sneeze and type.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-10-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, looks like it's only for U.S. customers...
    Balls in a fuckin' hat!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Fucking leeches. I remember Joseph Gordon Levitt was holding a formal for Hitrecord.org, and he had to start selling tickets off of ticketmaster because people were getting ripped off by ridiculous fees for the show. Funny some of the comments he said about TM. $1.50? Fuck outta here.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    But the total settlement was $11.25 million. Punitive damages are designed to really hurt but not ruin.