Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1164

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    So last Fall when update 8.00 came out for PS4 it seemed there were some pretty bad and widespread issues https://screenrant.com/ps4-update-8-...-crash-issues/

I haven't had mine online since that update came out, now they're at 8.05 and it's unclear from the patch notes but I am curious for those who are all up to date: any idea if they fixed a lot of the issues since then?

if you had updated to 8.00 at the time did you experience any system problems as a result?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    never got to play 2, but can say that the first Suikoden is easily, easily, one of my favorite games of all time. I forgot my team, but we were damn near unbeatable with my team attacks lol.

I wish it was available to play on the PS4...or even the Switch, because it's a perfect game for hand helds...
    I had 1 and 2 running on my PS Vita for a while, but my memory card got corrupted, and it's this weird thing where for some reason, you can't just download part 2 to your Vita from the library, you have to download it on PS3 and then transfer the file to the Vita. It's so weird.... it's like Konami doesn't want people to buy it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    isn't that how one of the MGS titles worked as well for the vita? I seem to recall that but it's been years.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    So last Fall when update 8.00 came out for PS4 it seemed there were some pretty bad and widespread issues https://screenrant.com/ps4-update-8-...-crash-issues/

I haven't had mine online since that update came out, now they're at 8.05 and it's unclear from the patch notes but I am curious for those who are all up to date: any idea if they fixed a lot of the issues since then?

if you had updated to 8.00 at the time did you experience any system problems as a result?
    As what the article states, I had friend lists that never loaded, menus would take forever, I rarely experienced any crashes. I only use my PS4 now for YouTube tv since they have yet to implement simple apps on PS5, but the store feels even more laggy than it was before, and everything for me feels incredibly slowed down. There is barely anything installed on it and it feels like it wants to have a nervous breakdown.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I mean i'm glad they aren't closing the stores but i did just hours before drop a bunch on various games in the Persona series ...well at least i HAVE them now!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

yeah, that makes sense.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I thought I was having a stroke reading that tweet.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's fascinating how Sony has become so much more the villain after their success with the ps4 and that fateful e3 announcement

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    For starters, Jim Ryan NEEDS to be fired. Immediately.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I thought I was having a stroke reading that tweet.
    he's...excitable.

any it's funny how sony and MS keep duking it out each generation, going back and forth on #1 and #2 while Nintendo's just hanging out like hey guys what's up.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    It's fascinating how Sony has become so much more the villain after their success with the ps4 and that fateful e3 announcement
    When you get lazy and do anti-consumer policies and tactics to "enrich your console" and ignore what Microsoft has been doing since Spencer took the head it shows. The initial backlash of Xbox One and people clamoring to Sony and PS4 made them comfortable to do their shit.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    he's...excitable.

any it's funny how sony and MS keep duking it out each generation, going back and forth on #1 and #2 while Nintendo's just hanging out like hey guys what's up.
    Nintendo is in their own universe right now , and Switch's are selling like hotcakes.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Well ps5s WOULD be selling like crazy if Sony could actually make them fast enough... just so much going wrong at once, but really that was problem number one, and they almost flirted with a way to avoid this scalping, and then ditched it. Half of their “sold” consoles are sitting collecting dust on a scalper’s shelf
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-26-2021 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Returnal is addicting, and damn pretty to look at. Cannot wait to dive into this more tomorrow!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Playstation and Discord have been made partner and will start up in 2022. That is pretty huge I must say.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm almost finished with Days Gone, what a game. I know there were a ton of bugs when it came out, but I absolutely loved it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I'm almost finished with Days Gone, what a game. I know there were a ton of bugs when it came out, but I absolutely loved it.
    Just started a new game last week and was impressed by the updated visuals. Tight controls, the freakers are damn scary, and like the environment so far.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Killing a horde is one of the most exhilarating gaming experiences I’ve ever had. I love this game too

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Well ps5s WOULD be selling like crazy if Sony could actually make them fast enough... just so much going wrong at once, but really that was problem number one, and they almost flirted with a way to avoid this scalping, and then ditched it. Half of their “sold” consoles are sitting collecting dust on a scalper’s shelf
    What was the way they could have avoided it but ditched it? I bought a PS5 for £700 which is £250 over the price but it was well worth it to avoid a meltdown from my autistic son since all our Blu-ray avenues just disastrously broke during lockdown and they are his latest obsession

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    originally they allowed you to sign up on the PSN store w/ your PSN account. They could have verified that hte people buying it had active accounts that they used. There's a bunch of ways they could have done that... go by your trophy list, how much digital content you've purchased from the store....

But then they just did it arbitrarily... so you could just make a new PSN account and submit it and it had just as good of a chance at being selected as someone who bought thousands of dollars in content from their store.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    So July 2nd, tomorrrow, is apparently the final day for the PS3/Vita/PSP store... which, by the way, looks like it's totally on life support at this point. You can't see how much stuff costs until you try to buy it, etc... Downloads take YEARS.
    But I thought it would be a good thing to put together a list of stuff that you'll never be able to buy again by the looks of it once they pull the plug.

so...

1. Suikoden 2 (PS1, and weirdly you have to transfer this to your Vita, you can't locally download it)
    2. Suikoden 1 (PS1)
    3. Suikoden 3 (PS2)
    4. Ratchet and Clank Collection (Vita and PS3, there's no cross-buy so you have to buy them twice)
    5. Sly Cooper collection (Vita and PS3, and there is Cross-buy and separate trophy lists)
    6. Ratchet and Clank : Crack in Time
    7. Ratchet and Clank : Tools of Destruction
    8. Ratchet and Clank : Quest for Booty
    9. Beyond Good and Evil HD
    10. Hard Corps: Uprising
    11. Bionic Commando Rearmed
    12. Dead Nation
    13. Alundra (PS1)
    14. Braid
    15. Tales of Hearts R (Vita)
    16. Jak & Daxter Collection (Vita and PS3)
    17. Ratchet and Clank : Into the Nexus
    18. Ratchet : Deadlocked
    19. Ratchet and Clank : Size Matters (PSP)
    20. Grandia 1, 2, and 3
    21. Lunar Silver Star Story on PSP
    22. Timespinner
    23. Persona 4 Golden
    24. Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    25. Metal Gear Solid 1
    26. Metal Gear Solid Collection
    27. Suikoden IV (for some reason V is not on here, and that was the best besides 2...)
    28. God of War Collection (god of war I and 2)
    29. God of War PSP Collection
    30. Dead Space 1, 2, and 3
    31. Joe Danger and Joe Danger 2
    32. Puppeteer

There's probably a ton of other stuff, just trying to highlight some big ones.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-01-2021 at 04:50 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Eh? I thought they’d reversed the decision except for PSP?
    https://uk.pcmag.com/sony-playstatio...digital-stores

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Oh really? That's good... Though I guess I just bought about 120 dollars worth of games I didn't really need to buy right now then...

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Oh really? That's good... Though I guess I just bought about 120 dollars worth of games I didn't really need to buy right now then...
    Ahh it's probably best that you did it now anyways, i mean only time will tell as i figure we've only just convinced Sony to postpone the inevitable.

It really is a horrid experience having to go through the old storefront on the console though, god damn it i wish they just left the damn web portal alone.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 07-02-2021 at 07:20 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    While they did reverse the decision, it's going to be closed eventually (probably in a year or 2) so it's better to get the stuff now then wait. Also some indie devs have been talking about how restrictive the PSN is, you have to apply for a ticket for your game to go on sale, and even then they are very limited (which is why you hardly ever see PSV/PSP games on sale now)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    On a somewhat related note yesterday i was teamed up with someone who's user name was FartinLurtherKing, so i imagine the above will go down like a sack of potatoes with the Gamers TM.

Side note they were awful lol.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Playstation showcase September 9th. 40 minutes long and will give updates on holiday releases and upcoming. No VR showcase.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Well, this is really lame.