Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Dam, this is very fresh.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Awesome looking. Mixed of the Microsoft Xbox one S controller and the PS4 controller

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Finally joined ps4 network. if anyone wants to add me my name is Rhian_NH3000

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I went ahead and took the plunge....ordered a PS4 the other day, should be here tomorrow. Can't wait! It feels like a "full circle" experience for me, having previously owned a PS 1, 2, and 3. I only had the 3 for a few months before I sold it, it was around that time I fell out of gaming. I got hooked on Assassin's Creed on the Switch and wanted more, so decided to get the PS4 to play them. It also gives me a chance to reconnect with some childhood series, like the RE2 remake, MGS5, and SOTN (even with new voice actors, ugh) . I also get to discover new series for the first time, such as Uncharted and The Last of Us.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Enjoy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ruined my underwear watching that. Unreal 5 running on SSD. Hot damn... PS5 is going to be a fine piece of hardware.

Not sure if I'll get one at launch. Depends on launch titles and which games are backwards compatible.

Next gen is going to be interesting.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The fact that there are people saying this looks no different than previous gens are on drugs. The avatar could use some more fine tuning, but the environments are what shines here... If the PS5 is really this fast, once again, it doesn't matter how "Powerful" your console is (Xbox One and Series X, I'm looking at you) this could be a complete win for Sony.

What also gets me is the argument that Xbox is showing everything and we haven't seen much from Sony (Console reveal) so it's already over makes me want to bang my head against a wall. Sony knows what they're doing... Come on now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, it doesn't need to be the most powerful. It needs to be able to keep up though.

Apparently, the new Assassin's Creed is 30fps. One would think, we would get more games in 60 as technology progresses.

Visually, next gen will be spectacular. But the trend will continue: visual over quality.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't need to be the most powerful. It needs to be able to keep up though.

Apparently, the new Assassin's Creed is 30fps. One would think, we would get more games in 60 as technology progresses.

Visually, next gen will be spectacular. But the trend will continue: visual over quality.
    I was a little surprised about that too actually. It's got to be maxed out at 4K...and probably a solid 30fps.

You can see in this demo where it slows down from 60fps to something else (maybe 45fps), but it still looks absolutely amazing. I can't wait.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Does anyone know when Sony started combining trophies for games? I noticed yesterday in the trophy list that it lists every version of the game now instead of having a Vita and PS3 and PS4 variant.

Please note that the last trophy I earned was in 2017 from a game I don't even remember playing.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    June 4, 1 PM EST. PS5 reveal. Finally!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Does anyone know when Sony started combining trophies for games? I noticed yesterday in the trophy list that it lists every version of the game now instead of having a Vita and PS3 and PS4 variant.

Please note that the last trophy I earned was in 2017 from a game I don't even remember playing.
    I noticed this last year, so they may have done that rather recently? I have a Sherlock Holmes game I have no recollection of playing either.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    ah, that stinks. I liked getting double trophies though.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    ah, that stinks. I liked getting double trophies though.
    I'm a trophy hunter myself so it was a bummer for sure. I'm almost to level 20.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    if that's true, I wonder if my trophy platinum count has suddenly gone way down... I wouldn't really mind if it did. My trophy list is kind of absurdly over the top.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    when I first got the PS4 last month, I had no idea what happened when my first trophy popped up on the screen. having not played playstation since ps2 really, I almost thought I did something wrong! but trophys are fun. I'm certainly not a hunter, but when they pop up I smile. I can see how hunting them could be addicting.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    when I first got the PS4 last month, I had no idea what happened when my first trophy popped up on the screen. having not played playstation since ps2 really, I almost thought I did something wrong! but trophys are fun. I'm certainly not a hunter, but when they pop up I smile. I can see how hunting them could be addicting.
    It can get addicting and distracting. I've played dumb games just cuz they had an easy trophy list. @allegate, I'm pretty sure they didn't change anything. Some games always had their trophies locked to PS3/Vita/PS4, whereas other games let you stack the trophies. I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed. Sound Shapes actually let you share your save data between platforms and pop the full trophy list with no extra effort.

Side note, I think the new controller looks cool.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-31-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It can get addicting and distracting. I've played dumb games just cuz they had an easy trophy list. @allegate, I'm pretty sure they didn't change anything. Some games always had their trophies locked to PS3/Vita/PS4, whereas other games let you stack the trophies. I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed.

The games I have brought myself to play for that exact reason you are stating I am not proud of.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It can get addicting and distracting. I've played dumb games just cuz they had an easy trophy list. @allegate, I'm pretty sure they didn't change anything. Some games always had their trophies locked to PS3/Vita/PS4, whereas other games let you stack the trophies. I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed. Sound Shapes actually let you share your save data between platforms and pop the full trophy list with no extra effort.

It might be a graphical overhaul because the screen looks different than I remember. Again, it's been three years since I've played a PS3 or Vita game and I never got a PS4.

also Sound Shapes is one of the ones I have and was looking at! My son loves the game and can do all of the music challenges by ear. Helps he's in orchestra but it's still impressive to me. We were playing Thomas Was Alone and it says we have all of the trophies on all of the systems but I know I didn't get past the second or third level on the Vita game.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I was excited for the reveals last Thursday however with recent events in the world I'm glad they pushed things back a little. The nerdy big child in me is hyped for the rumoured Crash Bandicoot game reveal among others.

One thing I am pretty pissed about with this forthcoming next gen is the alleged lack of full backwards compatibility with the PS5 in the way the new Xbox will be. Correct me if I'm wrong but they've got the new Xbox coming with the ability to pretty much play any game from all the other Xbox consoles backwards catalogue, where all we know about the PS5 so far is the ability to play the top 100 PS4 games with a PS5 boost function, with more PS4 games potentially being worked on as time goes on. Granted there's still stuff we do not know about the PS5 but I'm not getting my hopes up now - but the ability to dig out my old PS1, 2 & 3 games and play it on the PS5 would have been incredible.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Ps5 neeeeeeds backwards compatibility. Psnow failed conceptually, just let people use your system to play old games

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    They had it great with PS3, the store had plenty of great games from PS1 & 2 to buy and play, then PS4 did away with a lot of them and yeah - PS Now is absolutely trash as I can't download the games I want - only stream.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I was thinking about doing PS Now at some point for a month to play Metro Exodus, not worth it?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I was thinking about doing PS Now at some point for a month to play Metro Exodus, not worth it?
    If you've got super fast internet that streams like heaven OR if you can download that specific game to the PS4 then you'll manage and it'll be good. There are a collection of downloadable games within the service but the lions share are stream only - I was excited to play Sonic Generations again which is why I originally subscribed to PS Now, then I realised it was streaming only and everything was constantly lagging and just no fun. That said, I downloaded the 2016 Doom game and had a blast. I'm sure there's a free trial membership that I would investigate if I were you just to get a feel for what is available.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks. My internet isn't super fast, but not terrible. I'll try to find out if Metro is streaming or download.

Edit: It is available to download. Might give it a whirl after I'm done with Saints Row The Third.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 06-09-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Oh damn.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Still looking at the thread and it appears he's posting screencaps from the stream hence some pixelation and noise so I'm just going to wait until I see some officially-released stuff for now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Hitman 3, nice.