Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so apparently the only reason Xbox is live now is because Kim Dotcom (remember that guy?) "paid" the "hackers" with "thousands of free online storage accounts" to stop attacking Xbox Live... so he could play Destiny.

https://torrentfreak.com/kim-dotcom-...ttacks-141226/

If Kim Dotcom hadn't bargained with them to get Live back online, it would still be off too. It was equally vulnerable to the attack.

The only way to currently defend against random massive DDoS attacks is to acquire bandwidth that is absurdly high, and even then, the "hackers" can just double up their efforts. This is not an example of a company failing to "get their shit backed up."
    I didn't hear about that moron until about an hour or two ago and know what's hilarious? I tried playing Destiny on Xbox One all day and it never loaded since Xbox still had issues. Giving Lizard Dicks free membership/money is only encouraging them to continue further behavior like this. I don't agree with it.

According to the asshole douchesqaud, the servers on PSN were harder to hit due to new security measures and Xbox Live was basically security free so it was easy to knock off. Either way, whichever network or console we're talking about both need to find a way to stop and destroy whatever these borderline retards keep trying to do. I read the idiots are doing this so both companies upgrade their defenses on such attacks and other hacks. I don't see how as DDoS related tactics can't be effectively countered, as you said since neither company can really do anything to stop it other than what you said...which is honestly impossible.

I still hope the morons get taken down for good sometime. They're a scourge to humanity and nearing terrorist territory (based on that plane fake call with the bomb).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm lucky in that I never really got into online gaming and I don't have many games that require you to be online. However i think a few nights in the slammer would do the world of good to these little shits, and I hope it happens soon.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    well, having PSN down for the count for a bit alerted me to a lot of things... apparently, if your Playstation is offline, loading up Guilty Gear (from the disc) takes about 20 minutes. Tower Fall Ascension will straight up hard crash while trying to upload your recent play data on the loading screen. Most downloaded games require online authentication to operate. Remote play with Playstation TV acts weird if your system isn't online.

The Playstation 4 IS basically an "always online console," they just didn't draw attention to it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Turning off the internet connection altogether on both my PS4 and Vita seemed to work best for me (in terms of simply playing games). They'd mostly just have their online features disabled, but would start up right away regardless. Can't speak for Playstation TV or downloaded games that require online authentication.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I haven't even touched my PS3 since this fiasco started (or in about 2 weeks honestly) so I can't attest for issues with it. For my Xbox One I'd power it off for a cold boot after disconnecting online in the network settings. Then reset my router/ethernet connection and waited for the usual 30 seconds before turning it on again. I then turned on the Xbox One and then reconnected and it seemed to work fine. PS friends here should try that method, it worked for the One so it might work for PS4? Worth a shot. Nothing to lose.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Been playing my vita, my only option without hooking up another console. I just want access to the games I paid for. I might have to rebuy these games on disc. I don't like the idea of not always having access to what I paid for.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I signed in on my PS3 and PS4 with no problem just now, store worked too

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I signed in on my PS3 and PS4 with no problem just now, store worked too
    Must be part of a lucky few. I still can't get on.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That's weird, I figured it was fixed for everyone

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If it's working for you, then it's only a matter of time for others. I'll try again later.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    PSN has been working fine for me over the past few days. The usual 5 or 6 friends online too. Some Brazilian, some from abroad. I haven't experienced any issues.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    it's working for me now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just logged in. Hopefully it's over.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Checked PS3 and it's working for me, changed my password. Haven't checked PS4 yet.
    Edit: PS4 not working yet.
    Last edited by bruised; 12-27-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    This is getting out of hand with the hacking going. Now amazon accounts (13,000) have been leaked by anonymous. I thought they were the good guys. They also leaked psn and live account info.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    It's not scheduled maintenance, they'd be insane to do that on Christmas Day
    Wow, I was way off on this one. Have had full access for 2 days now, but holy cow in general. This is a bit confusing, on one hand I don't want the government involved in anything the citizens can't take care of ourselves, on the other hand it sure would have been nice to let those spooks over at the NSA who are watching everything we do, have a crack at these knuckleheads.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    mine wasn't working when I got back after xmas, but then I stopped doing the 'rest' mode, and did a proper power off, now its up n running again ok.. the UK jan sale is pretty good, but I'm waiting to see what comes next week when they add more, fingers crossed for cheap Second Son, FF14, Driveclub...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Upgraded py PS4 HD last night to a 1TB drive. Got one on Amazon for $60, that was pretty sweet. Just installing all of my downloaded games, and I'll be good to go. I was surprised how fast the stock HD filled up, guess I won't be when this one does...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Apparently The Order: 1886 is only 7-8 hours long, that is really disappointing. I was planning on buying it but am not going to pay 60 bucks for that much gameplay with little to no replay value.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    7-10 is the average. Has been for years now. Has been the norm for years now. If it were 5 like they rumored, I'd have cancelled my preorder.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    66% average on meteoritic. Not looking good. Oh well. This sounds like a red box rental at best. Bring on the rerelease of Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Haven't read the review yet, but it says "boring and joyless" in the title...

Edit :

The more common score I keep seeing is 4.5/10... Some 7.5. Not sure if I'm going to keep my preorder. Push comes to shove, I'll play it, and if I don't like it, I'll trade it towards Type 0.
    Last edited by Piko; 02-19-2015 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The Order always looked like a rental to me. 7-8 hours is fine, if its good, and I only tend to play through any game once, even if there is more to do/multiplayer/difficulty levels because frankly, I don't have as much time as I used to, and once a story is told, most things get pretty repetitive. In fact if say, Bioshock Infinite was half its length I think it would have been better, same goes for a lot of games, maybe even The Last of Us. If a game wants to tell a story, I need to be able to be engaged from start to finish. Or it needs to do the Dragon Age/Mass Effect/Skyrim thing where the story is as much revealed through time/side quests/ poking every nook and cranny... But The Order... meh..the gameplay footage just looks like the same ol stop n pop that I've never really liked. The gunplay was the part of Uncharted I disliked the most (but was offset by the environment and traversal) so yeah.. it looks pretty though! But those graphics *look* like they should be part of an Assassins Creed style game

Bring on Bloodborne I say. And Dark Souls 2 which I never got a chance to play last year.. I don't know which to get first though...

In more broad discussion, I'm curious as to what Sony is going to do this year, after Bloodborne, the only 'big' game they have announced for the year is Uncharted, I remember a time when they published a game every month on the ps3. They still have studios like Guerrilla, Sucker Punch, Japan (Last Guardian lols), Polyphony, Santa Monica and others which haven't announced anything for a long while.. Yeah, I love indies, yeah I'm liking where No Man's Sky is going, but Sony owns a lot of studios and we haven't seen much of them really. I know Studio London is busy with VR as I spoke to a staff member there and they were pretty hyped by it, but beyond that they are NDA'd to the hilt.

Firmware wise, I sure hope a PSX emulator is on the way. My PS3 is long gone, and I'm stuck playing psone games on the Vita, which isn't ideal as, I'm rarely playing games out of the house, and my TV is right there... I want to play Suikoden on it!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    7-10 is the average. Has been for years now. Has been the norm for years now.
    Jesus, I must be out of touch. I don't play anywhere near the amount of games I used to but the ones I do are always much longer than 7-10. I just assumed this would be a rather long campaign since there's no MP and they've been talking this game up forever. I'll play it eventually, either a rental or buy it once the price drops a lot.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Game is fun. Has a pretty decent story, although anticlimactic (screams sequel). It is pretty short though. Like, not even close to 7 hours. I'd recommend a playthrough, but not for 60. The aim reticle is absolutely atrocious. The aim reticle being my major gripe about it. 6.5 seems fair for it. Most of the reviews are pretty harsh, imo. Some reviews giving it a 4. That's ridiculous. Aside from length and the aim, it's fine. Depends on the player if it has replay value or not

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Im late to the party, but i finally got a PS3. Hell of a deal, 80 bucks for a 12gb model, and i managed to pick up a 1tb Seagate SSHD for a price so low im not even going to say.

Finally, I can play MGS4, the Final Fantasy X remaster, and Gran Turismo.

SM_Rollinger on PSN if anybody wants to add me go ahead.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Game is fun. Has a pretty decent story, although anticlimactic (screams sequel). It is pretty short though. Like, not even close to 7 hours. I'd recommend a playthrough, but not for 60. The aim reticle is absolutely atrocious. The aim reticle being my major gripe about it. 6.5 seems fair for it. Most of the reviews are pretty harsh, imo. Some reviews giving it a 4. That's ridiculous. Aside from length and the aim, it's fine. Depends on the player if it has replay value or not
    The Order 1886, I‘m guessing?

Sometimes in gaming, when soaring expectations are met with a mediocre reality, the end results are comically over-the-top scathing reviews. Unfortunate, but many were hoping this to be a AAA title that was of AAA quality, and most seem to agree that it falls short.

Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Im late to the party, but i finally got a PS3. Hell of a deal, 80 bucks for a 12gb model, and i managed to pick up a 1tb Seagate SSHD for a price so low im not even going to say.

Finally, I can play MGS4, the Final Fantasy X remaster, and Gran Turismo.

SM_Rollinger on PSN if anybody wants to add me go ahead.

I’m envious of you. It sounds like a you got a steal. I’d also like to get another PS3, but new as I refuse to buy yet another used model. But for the price they still want for a new 500GB PS3, it almost feels more reasonable to save little bit more and get a PS4. But then Microsoft went and dropped the price of the Xbone to $350. So now I’m going to hold steady to see if Sony will do the same. Until then, I’ll PSX it, huzzah! Happy gaming.
    Last edited by Dr Channard; 02-21-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was talking about The Order. I think it's just catching way too much flack. It deserves some, but not nearly as much as it's been getting. Those 4/10 scores are probably coming from the bitter fans that are pissed it didn't live up to their crazy expectations. Game has faults, but it's way better than a 4/10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I finished the campaign earlier today and I liked it enough. I don't regret spending $60 on it. I feel a lot of the criticism is based on the fact that it's a AAA exclusive game. That's gonna rile the fangirls up regardless of the review scores. So yeah, I feel people are being a bit over critical. I don't disagree with a 6.5. That seems fair. I thought the story was decent enough. I was disappointed at the lack of lycan battles because you never knew where they were gonna strike from. It was very excited. I was also disappointed you didn't get to fight the other enemy... The graphics are beyond anything I've seen so far on ps4 or xb1. This game has made me excited for what games will look like in the future. Holy shit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    PlayStation Morpheus looks like an intriguing technology, but I honestly don’t see myself ever wearing that contraption to play a game. Hopefully the Morpheus folks won’t steal any of my favorite titles and make them exclusive to virtual reality headset gaming. That would suck.