Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    watched the gamescom PS4 stream. not sure how to really describe it. lots of games: exclusives, third party, indie stuff. another solid release and step forward for the sony camp. they seem much more focused on not screwing up this launch.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    PS4 will launch in North America November 15th and in Europe from the 29th of November on......

I dunno what the price of the PS VIta was before but they have reduced it (?) down to $199 and reiterated the remote play for all upcoming PS4 titles. TONS of Indie love coming to both the Vita and PS4
    PS Vita was supposedly $50.00 more pre-price cut.

Those of you here with a Vita--please tell me your updated reviews and your favorite games.

I have some seriously naysayer friends (in general, about anything), but I really wanna get a handheld again. I feel like the Vita is the obvious choice for me.

I wish there were known plans for a PS4/Vita bundle...I'd probably be all over that. As of now, at worst I'll pay $600.00 before tax for both the console and handheld. At this point that's my saving-up goal for Black Friday, where hopefully I'll have more than needed.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-21-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The Vita becoming the indie go-to device is completely A-OK with me. I hope it gains some more traction!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'd get a vita if it had more games. The games it has are pretty cool. But, there's not too many of them. Not enough to justify buying one. Not yet anyway.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I love my Vita.. Its pretty much my ideal handheld, it has some cool indies, Persona, the Killzone Mercenary beta is great and it has Wipeout.. Not for everyone sure, but for me its great.. lots of fun games on Playstation Mobile too, I like RydmKapsel particularly. The Ps4 remoe play looks like just what I want to keep playing bigger games when we wanna watch TV etc..

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The Vita is a great systen and you get a lot of great games even just through PSplus.

Persona 4 Golden is worth it alone.

My main gripe about it is that you do a lot of downloading and it taxes memory very, very quickly and memory cards, which are proprietary are insanely priced. Because of this i cant even take advantage of most free games or crossplah withoht clearing space first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    PS Vita was supposedly $50.00 more pre-price cut.

Those of you here with a Vita--please tell me your updated reviews and your favorite games.

I have some seriously naysayer friends (in general, about anything), but I really wanna get a handheld again. I feel like the Vita is the obvious choice for me.

I wish there were known plans for a PS4/Vita bundle...I'd probably be all over that. As of now, at worst I'll pay $600.00 before tax for both the console and handheld. At this point that's my saving-up goal for Black Friday, where hopefully I'll have more than needed.
    I bought a vita this week got a smoking deal from walmart... 3g vita + one year Ps + unit 13 and an accessory pack 199...

Im playing Killzone mercenary its in beta atm... It is quite simply the best fps EVER on a handheld. The controls are so slick and the graphics are so good you quickly forget you are playing a handheld. The controls for the vita are beyond good. They have address all of the issues with the PSP I sometimes ask myself if I like the analogs sticks better on the vita than on the dualshock... (Call me crazy) The rear touchscreen was a great idea it is really easy to hit although only a couple games are using it.

Touch my katamari is pretty awesome too.

Here is something about the Vita I didnt know, all the digital games I bought for my PSP are downloadable and playable on my vita. If you include the ps1 and psp games there are more than 700 games available on the psn store...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Spelunky launches on Vita + ps3 today (in the eu.. is it out in the US already?). there goes my hopes of bedtime reading.

And yes.. I agree with nineismine.. I spent a good few hours with the Killzone beta and its just great.. my only gripe is that its multiplayer, and I don't really like multiplayer, but hey, the full game is out pretty soon and at the very least I know it controls well and looks lovely.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I have to echo the Killzone Mercenary talk. Holy balls, that game is impressive.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineismine View Post
    I bought a vita this week got a smoking deal from walmart... 3g vita + one year Ps + unit 13 and an accessory pack 199...

Im playing Killzone mercenary its in beta atm... It is quite simply the best fps EVER on a handheld. The controls are so slick and the graphics are so good you quickly forget you are playing a handheld. The controls for the vita are beyond good. They have address all of the issues with the PSP I sometimes ask myself if I like the analogs sticks better on the vita than on the dualshock... (Call me crazy) The rear touchscreen was a great idea it is really easy to hit although only a couple games are using it.

Touch my katamari is pretty awesome too.

Here is something about the Vita I didnt know, all the digital games I bought for my PSP are downloadable and playable on my vita. If you include the ps1 and psp games there are more than 700 games available on the psn store...
    Thanks for your heads-up, regarding the Vita/PS+ bundle. I managed to grab the last one from an area Gamestop. Great deal for $199.99; I'm glad I waited to buy one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Thanks for your heads-up, regarding the Vita/PS+ bundle. I managed to grab the last one from an area Gamestop. Great deal for $199.99; I'm glad I waited to buy one!
    After a couple days id sure love to hear your take. I'm feeling good about my purchase.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Paid off the PS4 yesterday. My body is ready.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineismine View Post
    PSP and PS1 games are basically the main use of my Vita besides my Vita being the ultimate Persona powerhouse.

Hell I only even bought a Vita just because Persona 4 Golden lol.

Just a heads up in case you didn't know or anyone with a Vita didn't know, but if you hold the PS button and the START button at the same time it takes a screen cap. It doesn't work while playing PS1 and PSP games but it works while playing Vita games (I didn't know you could screen cap till someone told me months back)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Could I sell my PS3 Slim (lower GB option, whatever it is) with two functioning controllers (one a true dual shock, the other without the vibration option), BF3, and a 2011 Astro A40 headset/sound system (totally good cosmetic condition and working condition, albeit with an arguably minor quirk or two) all for $300.00?
    Last edited by Amaro; 09-28-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Could I sell my original backwards compatible ps3 for that much?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Could I sell my original backwards compatible ps3 for that much?
    Astro head setup...kind of a game changer. Two controllers and a game. *shrug* $200.00 would be ridiculously cheap for all of that, so I'm just throwing a rough, calculated guess.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I'm not trying to rob you of a sell.

I was just wondering since I will be getting an Xbox one, so that machine will be pretty useless to me by that time.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so, this might be the best advertisement for a video game-related thing ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was amazing, haha

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    What are you guys using for mics? I have the PS Bluetooth one, and I hate it. It's not loud enough and doesn't fit well. Looking for suggestions.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    What are you guys using for mics? I have the PS Bluetooth one, and I hate it. It's not loud enough and doesn't fit well. Looking for suggestions.
    I use a logitech wraparound one-ear headset, but I can't say it's anything special. I have a thing where I tend to hate shoving things into my ears, so I prefer the kind that don't go in-ear. I don't think the model I have is still in production, and I'm sure there's better options now.

Then again, I'm pretty much over chatting in 99% of the games I play. I really only like talking to people I actually know when I play or games that require excessive strategy. Otherwise, it seems like the people with headsets tend to be the people who yell a bunch of homophobic or racist shit at you when you beat their sorry asses in Tekken.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-20-2013 at 04:54 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I use a logitech wraparound one-ear headset, but I can't say it's anything special. I have a thing where I tend to hate shoving things into my ears, so I prefer the kind that don't go in-ear. I don't think the model I have is still in production, and I'm sure there's better options now.

Then again, I'm pretty much over chatting in 99% of the games I play. I really only like talking to people I actually know when I play or games that require excessive strategy. Otherwise, it seems like the people with headsets tend to be the people who yell a bunch of homophobic or racist shit at you when you beat their sorry asses in Tekken.
    You're right, and I agree, but I feel the need to chat with my actual friends, especially if it's about the game we're in. I prefer an over-the-ear headset too,
    my favorite was the one that came with the original xbox, on the first version of xbox live. It fit the best, was comfortable, and plugged right into the top of the controller. I say favorite even though every one of those things would snap within 2 days of using it. We would have them all rigged with rubber bands, tape etc. Good times. I'll look into some logitech, thanks.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Well I WAS using a Tritton AX720. The box that you need doesn't work anymore (doesn't stay turned on) which sucks because the headset was fantastic. Easily the best headset I've had. I was $150 when I bought it, though I'm not sure if they make them anymore. They were well worth the money. I had them for 2 years, so they lasted a lot longer than my other headsets did.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    up until like 3 months ago I used the USB headset that came with the original Socom. It broke so I got the little one ear sony bluetooth headset which is just fine for short bursts, anything longer than an hour and it starts to hurt though. I don't like the big all encompassing headsets that seem to be all the rage right now, I still enjoy the TVs sound and being able to hear the door...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    ^ I agree with that too. I looked up the one nemesis mentioned, and those are awful I think. I have a baby running around, and everyday life happening all around me, I'm just not that immersed in a game that I need those big things. Logitech has a basic one for $30 bucks that has a 6ft USB cable that will work just fine I think.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    ^ I agree with that too. I looked up the one nemesis mentioned, and those are awful I think. I have a baby running around, and everyday life happening all around me, I'm just not that immersed in a game that I need those big things. Logitech has a basic one for $30 bucks that has a 6ft USB cable that will work just fine I think.
    Yeah the AX720's are definitely not for people who don't play games everyday or don't want to wear huge headphones for hours on end. It's a fantastic headset if you have the money to shell out for it and time/dedication to use them (they can become uncomfortable after about 2 hours). The surround sound in them are amazing though. If you're just wanting to use a headset as a chatting device then the AX720's are definitely not the way to go lol.

For the most part, headsets follow the whole 'you get what you pay for' thing.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    crazy rumors going around that claim the PS4 day 1 patch has DRM removal on it. Meaning: Sony always intended on doing DRM until they saw the Microsoft backlash.

Wouldn't that be something if it came out to be true huh?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    crazy rumors going around that claim the PS4 day 1 patch has DRM removal on it. Meaning: Sony always intended on doing DRM until they saw the Microsoft backlash.

Wouldn't that be something if it came out to be true huh?
    No. It wouldn't. It would be as much of a "something" as Microsoft's non-existent DRM is at this point.

With regards to people making a big fucking deal about the upgrade program requiring the disc.... They ALREADY explained that was the way it was going to work. This whole "oh, you're not going to believe this super top secret info we got our hands on" bullshit is exactly that: bullshit. How did people think it was going to work? You just say "oh, I have the PS3 version, can I have the PS4 version too now?" and expect no system by which to verify it?

Additionally, with regards to that video you posted in the other thread... if the online infrastructure is fucked up, fine, but that shouldn't affect the resolution the game runs at. This is a bunch of last-minute rumor mongering bullshit. When the new Call of Duty game launches and runs at 1080p, we can all move on to forever ignoring this person. If it turns out that the Wii U version is the ONLY one that runs at 1080p, well, then we have a new source for all things unexpected in the video game industry... and for news about things that make no fucking sense.

Also, if Sony was planning on implementing DRM all along, and it was central to their network plans, then they have had PLENTY of time to resolve that prior to launch. You don't need a blatant patch to resolve that even. Sony picked the launch date, and Microsoft is rushing to meet it.

People will believe anything. The PS4 will have a perfectly functioning online network on day one, it will not fuck with the resolution of CoD, the Wii won't have the best version of Call of Duty, Killzone Shadow Whatever will run at 1080p and play online, and this guy's "super secret sources" are either liars or they don't exist.

EDIT: Shuhei Yoshida even took (literally) one second out of his day to say that video was "so stupid"
    http://n4g.com/news/1382021/shuhei-y...o-stupid-twice

as if it was necessary. That video is complete bullshit on so many levels, I feel bad for the people dumb enough to believe it.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-28-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    No. It wouldn't. It would be as much of a "something" as Microsoft's non-existent DRM is at this point.
    Right, but it once again shows how ridiculous Sony is with their prelaunch fodder. They do it every fucking console cycle and the same idiots that fell for the PS3's insane ports on the back, Killzone bullshit graphics, are the same ones eating up their PR stunt.

With regards to people making a big fucking deal about the upgrade program requiring the disc.... They ALREADY explained that was the way it was going to work. This whole "oh, you're not going to believe this super top secret info we got our hands on" bullshit is exactly that: bullshit. How did people think it was going to work? You just say "oh, I have the PS3 version, can I have the PS4 version too now?" and expect no system by which to verify it?
    is it a big deal? no, not really. But if Microsoft did it you'd be hearing it from the Sony camp, most definitely

Additionally, with regards to that video you posted in the other thread... if the online infrastructure is fucked up, fine, but that shouldn't affect the resolution the game runs at. This is a bunch of last-minute rumor mongering bullshit. When the new Call of Duty game launches and runs at 1080p, we can all move on to forever ignoring this person. If it turns out that the Wii U version is the ONLY one that runs at 1080p, well, then we have a new source for all things unexpected in the video game industry... and for news about things that make no fucking sense.
    Why you mad bro? The guy even reiterates multiple times that he doesn't know if this is true or not, even saying he hopes it's not. He says the WiiU having 1080p sounds like bullshit, maybe you should watch the video again? Frankly, i don't know why it would effect the resolution? Doesn't make sense.

Also, if Sony was planning on implementing DRM all along, and it was central to their network plans, then they have had PLENTY of time to resolve that prior to launch. You don't need a blatant patch to resolve that even. Sony picked the launch date, and Microsoft is rushing to meet it.
    Uh, yeah, sure. Whatever you say.

People will believe anything.
    Yah, like the Sony corporation cares about them anymore than Microsoft does. Or that Sony didn't initially intend to have the same DRM restrictions (pretty sure they did), and even wanted to add in their shitty camera (also echoed by multiple people prior to the reveal). But go on believing Sony has your back

as if it was necessary. That video is complete bullshit on so many levels, I feel bad for the people dumb enough to believe it.
    It's all bullshit because neither console is worth $400-$500 at launch. Not getting anything until Spring 2014 the earliest.
    Last edited by Rabbit; 10-28-2013 at 02:54 PM.