Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36
Results 1,051 to 1,058 of 1058

Thread: The Playstation Thread

  1. #1051
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,791
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Returnal is a LOT more repetitive than hades and with much less pay off. It's a significantly worse game.

  2. #1052
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,360
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Returnal is a LOT more repetitive than hades and with much less pay off. It's a significantly worse game.
    I was really liking Returnal at first, but the repetition really soured it for me.
    With Hades, at first I really didn't like it, but then it started to appeal to me. But after getting to the fight with Hades, and then having to go back, and realizing that the scripted dialogue basically expected you to lose the fight... I got kinda pissed.

  3. #1053
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,634
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The writing alone in Hades puts it up there for me. I had to take breaks from Returnal from getting burned out from long runs and then dying.

  4. #1054
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    The writing alone in Hades puts it up there for me. I had to take breaks from Returnal from getting burned out from long runs and then dying.
    Exactly why I took an indefinite hiatus from Returnal.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #1055
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,360
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    I guess I'm just not feeling the writing in Hades. It's not doing it for me. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not my thing, and I felt the same way about the narrator in Bastion. At this point the dialogue in Hades just feels like another aspect wasting my time, and I've been skipping it.

  6. #1056
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,634
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I guess I'm just not feeling the writing in Hades. It's not doing it for me. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not my thing, and I felt the same way about the narrator in Bastion. At this point the dialogue in Hades just feels like another aspect wasting my time, and I've been skipping it.
    Damn lol.. Bastion's narrator is one of my favorites. What kind do you usually prefer?

  7. #1057
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,360
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    I guess in that case I more just found his drawl annoying… and then I reached a point where it felt like the narrator and odd storytelling narrative was driving the hype more than the gameplay. At least in Hades I initially liked the combat, but just felt like it got way too repetitive.

  8. #1058
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,791
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Mileage for hades is totally based on how invested and/or impressed you are with it's narrative and it's narrative structures

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions