Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1164

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It's super lame, I'm not buying these games new anymore until they go on sale.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It's so fucked up. They straight up lied once again when they said on their own website that the upgrade along with Miles Morales and another game would have the free upgrade. Adding insult to injury, no one can still find a damn PS5 to play on as it is. The upgrade is available in the digital deluxe, Super duper editon, so players are forced to spend money on the most expensive option.

Xbox did this right and PS users need to call this shit out.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    What Sony is doing here is bullshit. You cannot be greedy like this about trying to sell your product when you cannot manufacture enough of it to meet demand.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    What Sony is doing here is bullshit. You cannot be greedy like this about trying to sell your product when you cannot manufacture enough of it to meet demand.
    Agreed. They did change their stance on this by offering the free upgrade as promised, along with a $10 fee for any future upgrades for PS5. But if the uproar never happened, they would never have changed it which is so effed up.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Xbox did this right and PS users need to call this shit out.

Sony has acted like a dickhead ever since E3 in 2013.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

whelp.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Not to entirely change the subject but I preordered Deathloop which I’m stoked for.

Also very excited to play the ps5 upgrade of Death Stranding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    GoW looks fantastic
    Forspoken looks amazing
    Kotor being remade for the PS5 (Holy shit)
    Spiderman 2 introducing Venom AND Wolverine game by Insomniac.
    GT7 looks pretty as hell
    Radiohead Kid A and Amnesiac experience?!?

What... A... Show...
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-09-2021 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Alright, THEORY TIME!

That Spidey 2 trailer, everyone is assuming Venom is in control of Kraven...but re-watch the trailer, Kraven is saying one being isn't challenge enough, will 2 provide him the challenge he desires to which Venom replies "yes, we will"...what if, and hold on to your butts, what if Kraven isn't talking to Spidey/Miles, what if he is talking TOO Venom...what if VENOM IS PLAYABLE? We get a game with a format like GTV V, Swap between Spidey, Miles and Venom to fight (possibly each other) and Kraven being the big bad?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tony Todd is voicing Venom. This is just too awesome!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Tony Todd is voicing Venom. This is just too awesome!
    Agreed! Absolutely perfect voice casting.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Deathloop is getting killer reviews. I love Arkane.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Deathloop is getting killer reviews. I love Arkane.
    I’m so excited to pick it up tomorrow and play it. Anyone who couldn’t tell this was going to be good must have had their eyes closed.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I was one of the only people I knew that digged it when it was first shown. I wasn't expecting reviews this good, but hope they make some money back from all the heavy marketing for this game, because everyone seems to hate it for no reason whatsoever.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Holy crap does their customer support suck. I bought the Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Ultimate Edition bundle on the PS3 store, cause I wanted to play it before the store inevitably closed. It's supposed to include the actual game, but the actual game isn't on my download list. I woke up early before work, waited an hour to connect to someone on the support chat, only for the person to give some non helpful advice and immediately close the chat. I waited an hour for two minutes of non helpful support. And the Askplaystation Twitter is ignoring me. The phone has a waiting time of over an hour, and I don't have time before work to resolve this. This is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Holy crap does their customer support suck. I bought the Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Ultimate Edition bundle on the PS3 store, cause I wanted to play it before the store inevitably closed. It's supposed to include the actual game, but the actual game isn't on my download list. I woke up early before work, waited an hour to connect to someone on the support chat, only for the person to give some non helpful advice and immediately close the chat. I waited an hour for two minutes of non helpful support. And the Askplaystation Twitter is ignoring me. The phone has a waiting time of over an hour, and I don't have time before work to resolve this. This is ridiculous.
    This is why physical media should never die.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So.....

I managed to grab a bundle GameStop was doing for Pro Members.

For $806.00 (including tax) I got:

• PS5 Console with Disc Drive
    • 12 months of PS Plus
    • NBA 2K22 25th Anniversary WNBA Edition (will probably never open and attempt to sell this game)
    • Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut
    • $50.00 GameStop gift card

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Preordered DeathLoop at Best Buy and now it seems like it it won’t be ready for pickup until the 22nd - what’s the point of a release date and preorder then. I could have bought it in store anywhere else.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Preordered DeathLoop at Best Buy and now it seems like it it won’t be ready for pickup until the 22nd - what’s the point of a release date and preorder then. I could have bought it in store anywhere else.

Forget Best Buy. I cancelled my order with them and found a copy at GameStop. Ordered the standard edition for pickup. When I came to get it and got in my car, I realized the girl gave me the 79.00 deluxe edition by accident. Looks like it all worked out. Of course, I’ll be missing the steel book case that came with the Best Buy version but who cares

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

They did that to me with Cyberpunk 2077.

I used my 50.00 gift card from above to buy the standard version of Deathloop. Will play it when I get the console. Hasn’t shipped yet.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Playstation support couldn't help me, and they couldn't refund me money because of one small piece of dlc that got downloaded before I realized that the bundle didn't have the game. They told me to contact Konami. I just ended up saying fuck it and ordered a physical copy of mgr for $20, which the dlc should work with.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Just finished Deathloop. Wonderful game. This is basically Dishonored 3, fixing the biggest issues with dishonored, removing the way the structure of the game impacts replayability and player freedom. Dishonored sense of openness was generally hampered by it's linearity and the way it's loot and charms basically overinsentivised players to follow a linear path. Dishonored fixes that. You have to play each map dozens of times, and so you'll naturally do it in different ways, and change things up on your own to keep them interesting each time is its own new game plus, something dishonored really lacked.

There are still a couple of things holding it back... In the end there is only one schedule and path to break the loop as far as I can tell, and in order to accomplish some objectives you need to have absolutely have found a corresponding document. These documents often blend in to well with stuff that you can't click on. I sort of wish their visual design helped them stand out in some way. I thi k maybe the auto aim is a bit to strong, you can essentially scope and fire at the same time for skills... But that makes for some very satisfying fast paced action, actually.

Didn't encounter almost any bugs although on my final run the very last target got stuck in a wall and I had to reset my console lol.

Overall definitely living up to the hype a lot of great game feel and fantastic storytelling, too

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Has anyone played Returnal yet? I bought it from Gamefly since it was on sale (35 bucks), and I think I like it even though I hate roguelikes.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Has anyone played Returnal yet? I bought it from Gamefly since it was on sale (35 bucks), and I think I like it even though I hate roguelikes.
    I really like it - and really hate it - I was unfamiliar with roguelikes and it took me forever to beat the first level and boss. Got to the second level and it just started to get not fun - maybe I need to try it again- I shelved it because I finished out Cyberpunk 2077 and just bought Deathloop - AND the Death Stranding directors cut comes out in like three days. So needless to say, Returnal will stay shelved for me for a bit.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I really like it - and really hate it - I was unfamiliar with roguelikes and it took me forever to beat the first level and boss. Got to the second level and it just started to get not fun - maybe I need to try it again- I shelved it because I finished out Cyberpunk 2077 and just bought Deathloop - AND the Death Stranding directors cut comes out in like three days. So needless to say, Returnal will stay shelved for me for a bit.

So when you finish a level, do you have to go back through it over and over again or can you jump to the next section? What I didn't like about Hades is you had to go through the same level over and over again.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    So when you finish a level, do you have to go back through it over and over again or can you jump to the next section? What I didn't like about Hades is you had to go through the same level over and over again.
    Example - if you finish first level and get to level 2 - you keep playing until you die. If you die, you start at the beginning of the first level, but the gate to level 2 opens very quickly so you don’t spend too much time replaying level 1.

Unless you die and have that thing that allows you to resume where you left off - I forget what it’s called

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Example - if you finish first level and get to level 2 - you keep playing until you die. If you die, you start at the beginning of the first level, but the gate to level 2 opens very quickly so you don’t spend too much time replaying level 1.

Unless you die and have that thing that allows you to resume where you left off - I forget what it’s called

Awesome, that's not as bad then.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    No it’s not bad but it is tedious and I think I’ve been more frustrated with Returnal than any other game recently. I wish it was just a tad easier.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    The repetition in Hades has really been wearing on me. I'm not getting into the "witty banter" between the characters, and I'm frankly kind of sick of how much each run is based on luck. I finally got to the (final?) boss to "escape" and he trounces me, and then, what, I'm supposed to play through the same levels AGAIN before I get to figure out the boss' mechanics?! That takes about 30 minutes at least!

It's amazing how this game revels in wasting your time.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Returnal is a LOT more repetitive than hades and with much less pay off. It's a significantly worse game.