Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

So torn on this one. That looks great, but man o man.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK that event was good...but man did they confuse with the information. Spidey and Demon Souls are both launch titles but not said on the stream, like that's important info!

As it stands now, as much as i want to rip into Demon Souls...i'm going to wait. I cannot justify, with the world in flex as it is with jobs money, £449.99 on a console for ONE game. I will wait and save and look to purchase for my 37th next May, when there are a number of other games out (and hopefully the world gets back to normal and i can start counting on my job being secure)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    You know, it's just like Sony to show off the console vertically and make you pay for the stand.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    My hype as dropped after all these PS4 version announcements. I'm sure the visuals will look much more crisp, but how much we talking here?

There are only two actual next gen games in my eyes coming on launch day and that is Demon Souls and Ratchet and Clank. Everything else seems like remastered versions of PS4 titles. I dunno, something doesn't sit well with me with these announcements at all.

Final Fantasy 16 is huge, but man, I hope the visuals get better because it looked like a PS3 game at times.

I really hope that there is at least one more digital event showing off of the new UI, what else the console can actually do... Everything seems so bare bones from both sides.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Preorders up at Wal-Mart. Discless sold out but I was able to get the disc version

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    PlayStation 5 Digital Edition: CAD$499.99 (RRP)
    PlayStation 5 Disc Drive: CAD$629.99 (RRP)

vs.

Xbox Series S Digital: CAD$379.99
    Xbox Series X Disc Drive: CAD$599.99

Quite the price gap with the digital units, is that because Series S does away with 4K but PS5 Digital doesn't?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

vs.

Quite the price gap with the digital units, is that because Series S does away with 4K but PS5 Digital doesn't?
    Pretty much. S is a downgraded next gen console. Digital PS5 isnt. Prices make sense imo.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'd like to know what the point of the register pre-order thing was all about then? Are they gonna release a small batch of pre-orders through Sony themselves for who registered?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

vs.

I was dumb. I did the wal-mart pre-order... was $807 CAD after tax... But, I did get a 2nd controller with that.
    Still... I have issues, lol.

I don't usually like pre-ordering with wal-mart because they always botch my orders and they use UPS, and I can't stand UPS, but Best Buy sold out in seconds and the EB games site wasn't working/loading properly.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Apparently people are receiving their emails that were selected for the registration that was held a few weeks ago. 11 million units are being shipped so I'm sure there will be a more organized second wave (I hope).

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Pre-orders started in the UK 30mins ago....and they are all gone. Digital went first, but reports are now saying you can't get ANY PS5's here...so that's fun.

Reports coming out now are saying Spidey Miles is coming to PS4 as well, along with Horzions 2nd game, and some reports claim Demon Souls will also come to PS4?! My choice to wait is starting to feel like the right choice all things considered...that and i still have a dozen unplayed games on PS4 and my Switch!

Looking forward to hearing peoples reactions to the consoles, build quality, the controllers etc.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    some reports claim Demon Souls will also come to PS4?
    Demon's Souls will be exclusive only to PS5.

Horizon and Spidey will be on PS4, along with Sackboy: A Big Adventure. Buying the PS4 versions will get you a free version when you decide to make the leap to PS5. Physical upgrades will only work on standard edition consoles.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    And the confusing around Demon Souls continues, the "also coming to PC" at the end of the trailer that got everyone hyped...was a human error, as was the "timed console exclusive" bit that had people wondering if it was maybe coming to PS4. Geez Sony, it's not like you had time to get this all correct first
    Also on the blog post they confirmed next gen prices will include more expensive games, with DS being £70...for comparison games this gen were £50 in the UK upon release, so that's a pretty high increase...during a recession too...fuck.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I managed to get one from Sam's Club, we'll see if it ships.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    that is a great twitter account. I think it started as a NeoGAF account? I dunno, it's been a good long while since I've bothered with that hive of scum and villainy so I don't remember.

And that's not a compliment, btw. It's a cesspool.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    that is a great twitter account. I think it started as a NeoGAF account? I dunno, it's been a good long while since I've bothered with that hive of scum and villainy so I don't remember.

And that's not a compliment, btw. It's a cesspool.
    It really is.

I'm not positive on the prior account, but for the past year or so, his/hers posts would always pop up during times like these and would always make me laugh.

Twitter is a cesspool, but some funny shit filters through there.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh boy. Amazon now sending emails out telling people that their consoles may not arrive on time.

Snagging my Xbox Series X through BestBuy and this whole ordeal has made me worried for sure.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Oh boy. Amazon now sending emails out telling people that their consoles may not arrive on time.

Snagging my Xbox Series X through BestBuy and this whole ordeal has made me worried for sure.
    What I got from mine was that I secured one, just not getting it on launch day possibly. I don't mind waiting, but the fact that they literally said on July 17th via interview with Geoff Keighley verbatim: "We'll let you know when pre-order will happen, it's not going to happen within a minutes notice." So 24hrs was an acceptable notice??? Like wtf man...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Yeah, my pre-order from wal-mart says it's being released on the 12th, but estimated time of delivery will be on/around the 19th. *shrugs* i mean, what's an extra week, but it kind of defeats the purpose of a release date if they don't at least try and get it to you on the release date. I always read about people in the USA getting pre-ordered items a few days before actual release date. Here in Canada, they seem to do things ass-backwards and make sure they do everything in their power so you DON'T have a pre-ordered item before official release date.

I miss the days of walking into a store on a release date and buying a video game/console and bringing it home the same date. I hate this new "order online" culture.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    My hype as dropped after all these PS4 version announcements. I'm sure the visuals will look much more crisp, but how much we talking here?

There are only two actual next gen games in my eyes coming on launch day and that is Demon Souls and Ratchet and Clank. Everything else seems like remastered versions of PS4 titles. I dunno, something doesn't sit well with me with these announcements at all.

Final Fantasy 16 is huge, but man, I hope the visuals get better because it looked like a PS3 game at times.

I really hope that there is at least one more digital event showing off of the new UI, what else the console can actually do... Everything seems so bare bones from both sides.
    The jump from Xbox 360/PS3 to Xbox One/PS4 was super drastic and jarring.

The jump from Xbox One/PS4 to Xbox Series X/PS5 is barely noticeable, really. Nothing that I've seen or heard is really that much better than what we currently have. I feel the consoles could remain inactive for a few years till they're relevant for an upgrade. I'll upgrade sooner rather than later but it's not like you're being robbed of gameplay or restrictions because you own a Xbox One or a PS4. I'm not buying a launch console from either company.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The jump from Xbox 360/PS3 to Xbox One/PS4 was super drastic and jarring.

The jump from Xbox One/PS4 to Xbox Series X/PS5 is barely noticeable, really. Nothing that I've seen or heard is really that much better than what we currently have. I feel the consoles could remain inactive for a few years till they're relevant for an upgrade. I'll upgrade sooner rather than later but it's not like you're being robbed of gameplay or restrictions because you own a Xbox One or a PS4. I'm not buying a launch console from either company.
    It's more so of them blantly lying. They said Miles Morales and Horizon was built specifically for the PS5 and then announce they are also coming to the PS4 lol... I'm holding off my full judgment until I actually see what the differences really are and how they are making them. They stated they want to prolong the PS4 life cycle by still supporting it and they would be fools to drop it, but I was expecting these sequels to be full on next gen games, not something that can be potentially held back because they wanted to plop them on PS4 as well.

If God of War 2 is released on PS4....

Watching these trailers in 4K, you really can see the differences here and there along with the ray tracing; everything is more cinematic and smooth, but like you said, it isn't a major upgrade. Not until we see what the devs can really do with the hardware.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-20-2020 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    It's more so of them blantly lying. They said Miles Morales and Horizon was built specifically for the PS5 and then announce they are also coming to the PS4 lol... I'm holding off my full judgment until I actually see what the differences really are and how they are making them. They stated they want to prolong the PS4 life cycle by still supporting it and they would be fools to drop it, but I was expecting these sequels to be full on next gen games, not something that can be potentially held back because they wanted to plop them on PS4 as well.

If God of War 2 is released on PS4....

Watching these trailers in 4K, you really can see the differences here and there along with the ray tracing; everything is more cinematic and smooth, but like you said, it isn't a major upgrade. Not until we see what the devs can really do with the hardware.
    All this is really to be expected w/ a general migration to a new platform. I guess the fact that PS4/5 will be "compatible" for a while is a strategy, and really it's not functionally that different than when you saw every PS3 game also come out on PS4. I remember reading some article about how it was daring for Batman arkham Knight to NOT have a PS3 version. Really, it was just eventual.

I also assume that bait like Demons Souls will of course NOT be available on PS4