Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Fuck yes. This was needed, I don't need 4K but I do want the bells and whistles. Hopefully they do that with Spider-Man Remastered as well.
    It was such a bummer seeing the RT in one mode... Just to crawl back to 60fps with no RT. What an update.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Grr so pissed off trying to locate a PS5 - how hard can it be to work out demand for these things and fulfill them? We're on a bit of a deadline as I gave our bluray player to my sister last summer and can't get it back for obvious reasons (shes' in London were in Wales), the diskdrive on the PS4 became fucked sometime after out of the blue and the PS3 disk drive is now a bit erratic too - my eldest will be so upset if he can't watch his blurays! Its not even about gaming

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    After a decade and a half, I have finally jumped ship from team Xbox. Was able to score a PS5 through Dell the other day and it should be here tomorrow. Hyped as hell to play Spider-Man.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    After a decade and a half, I have finally jumped ship from team Xbox. Was able to score a PS5 through Dell the other day and it should be here tomorrow. Hyped as hell to play Spider-Man.
    So that Dell drop was legit? Very nice

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Am I crazy or were there WAY MORE games for PS3 than there were for the PS4? It's either that or my gaming habits have slowed down immensely.

I have close to 80 physical + digital or maybe more than that for PS3 and only like 20-25 physical + digital for PS4. The vast difference of library just kinda knocked me back a bit and made me think about what's changed in the last while, perhaps I've been buying up more of the cross platform titles for PC instead of my PS4, that could be one reason but still. Hm.

Has anyone thought about system library comparisons like this and been kinda puzzled as to the how and the why of it all?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Am I crazy or were there WAY MORE games for PS3 than there were for the PS4? It's either that or my gaming habits have slowed down immensely.

I have close to 80 physical + digital or maybe more than that for PS3 and only like 20-25 physical + digital for PS4. The vast difference of library just kinda knocked me back a bit and made me think about what's changed in the last while, perhaps I've been buying up more of the cross platform titles for PC instead of my PS4, that could be one reason but still. Hm.

Has anyone thought about system library comparisons like this and been kinda puzzled as to the how and the why of it all?
    The PS4 has a larger library I believe. PS3 (Including Japanese titles) is around 2,100 and PS4 around 3,000.

My gaming habits are still pretty much the same, aside from the time I have available to play now. I was about 19 when PS3 came out, so I had much more on my hands to play and also due to the fact that it was a decent jump performance wise from PS2 so the itch was even bigger for me at the time. There are also a few more hundred exclusive titles for the PS3 I believe than the PS4 so not sure if that has anything to do with it. I do notice I'm a bit more selective with my games now, instead of buying every title I think might be good lol.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @Self.Destructive.Pattern

I certainly have some stinker games in my PS3 collection, shit like Aliens Colonial Marines, Haze, Yakuza Dead Souls, Homefront, Mortal Kombat vs. DC.

Bleechhh.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    @Self.Destructive.Pattern

I certainly have some stinker games in my PS3 collection, shit like Aliens Colonial Marines, Haze, Yakuza Dead Souls, Homefront, Mortal Kombat vs. DC.

Bleechhh.
    Those are all pretty bad, outside MK vs DC, which I thought was an ok game. The combo system in it was torture though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I’ve decided to bite the bullet and bought a disk version PS5 from an eBay reseller. It was only £200 over the price! But it’s worth it as the Blu-ray player has now failed on both my ps3 and PS4 and my autistic son is OBSESSED with watching dvds and Blu-ray because he can play them fast and that’s his thing, he’s just coping with only watching dvds for 2 days while it’s shipped!

im just really annoyed with Sony for fucking it up

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    actually there's a chip shortage worldwide and it's affecting lots of things.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    actually there's a chip shortage worldwide and it's affecting lots of things.
    So Trump is actually indirectly responsible for the PS5 woes. I’m glad I bit the bullet and bought it now as it looks like it will be a while yet for normal sales

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    So Trump is actually indirectly responsible for the PS5 woes. I’m glad I bit the bullet and bought it now as it looks like it will be a while yet for normal sales
    Yeaa they are projecting past the fall there will be shortages... It's costing them more to make them at the moment than selling them due to what you said. I need a new PC right now and everything is just inflated to ridiculous prices.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Anybody get hit with the stick drift shit on your DualSense controllers? Both of mine have it on the right stick and it's pretty fucking annoying. I haven't tried all of the troubleshooting things yet, disconnecting/reconnecting to blutooth fixed one for a few days but it was back to drifting last night. That one drifts vertically but is at least usable, the other one drifts so bad horizontally that I can't even use it to game with, it just spins in circles.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Anybody get hit with the stick drift shit on your DualSense controllers? Both of mine have it on the right stick and it's pretty fucking annoying. I haven't tried all of the troubleshooting things yet, disconnecting/reconnecting to blutooth fixed one for a few days but it was back to drifting last night. That one drifts vertically but is at least usable, the other one drifts so bad horizontally that I can't even use it to game with, it just spins in circles.
    That suckkkksss. I notice a drift the second day I was playing Astros Playroom in the left stick, but it magically disappeared; guess I got lucky? Doesn't help with the fact that they use the SAME exact pieces for the analog sticks that they used for the PS4. Was hoping to find a better solution when I opened mine up.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Doesn't help with the fact that they use the SAME exact pieces for the analog sticks that they used for the PS4. Was hoping to find a better solution when I opened mine up.
    And, from what I understand, the same company made the DualSense that made the Switch controllers that also have drift. Maybe use a different company?

I never had any drift issues with any of my PS4 controllers but this is nuts. I guess I'll try resetting the one that is unusable, after that don't really have any choice but to send it to Sony to fix.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 02-18-2021 at 07:16 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Got our new PS5 today, it’s looking good. Although since I bought it specifically for my son playing Blu-rays, nearly had a panic attack when it didn’t seem to recognise any disk, turns out I think I set it up upside down and you have to put them in upside down with the labels facing downwards. The disk opening is at the top

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm getting drift on one of them it's pretty bad.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've had drift on my PS4 controller for a long time now, but since i last cleaned it (i don't recommend doing it unless you are very patient and good with fiddly wires) the drift only happens on FPS games and actual move my cross hair up towards the head so it's helping in Warzone

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    And, from what I understand, the same company made the DualSense that made the Switch controllers that also have drift. Maybe use a different company?

I never had any drift issues with any of my PS4 controllers but this is nuts. I guess I'll try resetting the one that is unusable, after that don't really have any choice but to send it to Sony to fix.
    Exactly lol... I didn't have problems with my sticks until YEARS of heavy use... Not two months. Also noticed playing 2D platformers, I love to use the classic X for jump, Square to attack combo and the X button is now sinking further into the controller than the others. Its not like I'm smashing the damn thing...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I ran across a youtube video showing how to address the stick drift issue. You have to take the controller apart but it doesn't look like a very technical mod... you're not going to need an engineering degree to pull it off.

Hope I don't run into this issue. I constantly ran into a problem with the PS4/3 controllers R2 trigger breaking. Maybe I just push that button too hard (or maybe it's because it seems every game requires you to hold it down all the time)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    At this point, outside of exclusives the Series X is simply a better console. All the little gimmicks, changes, and the drift and stuff add up to make ps5 just a worse value proposition. Meanwhile basically any check mark in the gimmick or inconvenience department is undone on xbox. All the next gen transitions are smooth. The form factor is simple and sensible, accessories from last gen still work. It's more powerful. I'm a ps fanboy for sure, but I have both consolessand I'm just simply not using ps5 unless I basically have to.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so, the new CEO of Sony is officially a complete idiot.

They're dismantling Japan Studio, and many of the team (including producers who worked on Bloodborne and Demons Souls and the Demons Souls remake) are now free agents looking for work elsewhere.
    Why did they do this? Because I guess titles like Bloodborne weren't generating enough revenue when compared to titles like Spider-Man, and that's the sort of thing he wants to focus Sony's first party exclusive efforts on.

So, this guy can go to hell.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so, the new CEO of Sony is officially a complete idiot.

They're dismantling Japan Studio, and many of the team (including producers who worked on Bloodborne and Demons Souls and the Demons Souls remake) are now free agents looking for work elsewhere.
    Why did they do this? Because I guess titles like Bloodborne weren't generating enough revenue when compared to titles like Spider-Man, and that's the sort of thing he wants to focus Sony's first party exclusive efforts on.

So, this guy can go to hell.
    Facts. This is also the same guy that pretty much made the decision for millions of people that have been asking for BC for over 15 years now. "Why would anyone play this?" BRUH, HAVE YOU WATCHED ANY TWITCH STREAMS?

I could care less about BC, but it should still be an option and losing this studio just stings and a lot of people are finally starting to realize why.

Lance McDonald had to make a 60fps patch himself for Bloodborne which has been neglected and forgotten about (Obviously) having to mod your PS4 to make it work.

... Why the fans have to keep picking up the ball is beyond me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the PS5 store completely sucks.
    Is there any way to just see "what are the newest titles available, by release date?" It's like they took that option away in order to give precedence to whatever shit it is they want to advertise to you. This is going to kill visibility for indie devs.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Is there any way to just see "what are the newest titles available, by release date?" It's like they took that option away in order to give precedence to whatever shit it is they want to advertise to you. This is going to kill visibility for indie devs.
    It is extremely bare bones atm (You cannot even access Youtube TV yet or NBA app) I have to keep switching to my PS4 to use certain apps, but there is filter option when you enter it. At the top will be tabs, go to browse/little arrow and burger on left-hand side/Scroll down to "Release Date" and check in "Just Released".

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah they absolutely shit themselves on every aspect of the UI this time. The friends list - party chat meld they did is fucking awful.

I've been growing a let hatred for this console. I think it's my mediocre and bad experiences combined with the absolute hype for it and also the lack of positivity around Series X, the superior console. In general it's hard not to feel altogether jaded about this gen since nothing other than demons souls looks so much better as to justify either console, yet.

The controller is the most infuriating thing since they spend so much time hyping it. But they basically sacrificed hardware power for a series of irrelevant gimmicks on a controller that straight up breaks after a few months. The controller also has a built in mic that is *on by default* which has led to embarassing and akward situations. Chat audio also by default comes out of the controller speaker, so if you turn off sound from the controller you don't get the audio from chat. All of these things on the controller... They sound nifty i guess but they all actually suck, are inconvenient or annoying.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Yeah they absolutely shit themselves on every aspect of the UI this time. The friends list - party chat meld they did is fucking awful.

I've been growing a let hatred for this console. I think it's my mediocre and bad experiences combined with the absolute hype for it and also the lack of positivity around Series X, the superior console. In general it's hard not to feel altogether jaded about this gen since nothing other than demons souls looks so much better as to justify either console, yet.

The controller is the most infuriating thing since they spend so much time hyping it. But they basically sacrificed hardware power for a series of irrelevant gimmicks on a controller that straight up breaks after a few months. The controller also has a built in mic that is *on by default* which has led to embarassing and akward situations. Chat audio also by default comes out of the controller speaker, so if you turn off sound from the controller you don't get the audio from chat. All of these things on the controller... They sound nifty i guess but they all actually suck, are inconvenient or annoying.
    While I do agree with almost everything you're saying, the lack of positivity around the other glorified plastic box is nothing but Microsofts own fuck ups. Simply not releasing any launch titles for your NEW console is utterly unacceptable. No innovation to their controllers, and buying up studios that will indeed alienate even more gamers. Not to mention almost every multi-plat game runs better on the PS5 atm... The data is all there.

XSX isn't doing that much worse than the PS5 despite more people simply wanting the PS5 more because there are new games being announced, so as an Xbox user, that should make you feel a bit better where the console is right now. Xbox users have to wait another year or two just to get anything substantial. Say what you want about Sony's fuck ups (And I agree) there really isn't a lot to be excited about the XSX aside from the gimmicky backwards compatibility and being able to start up a game where you left off on multiple titles. But of course, to each their own.

Besides already getting a handful of games at and around launch, Sony is getting Ratchet and Clank, Horizon Forbidden West, Returnal, Gran Turismo 7, Deathloop (Timed) Oddworld, Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Intergrade, Kena: Bridge of Secrets, Solar Ash, Ghostwire Toyko.

Even Halo: Infinite (Which is looking much better btw) won't be able to keep up with that lineup.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm not trying to be combative, but can you show me the data on the ps5 performing better? I'd like to see it.

Of course ps5 has the better exclusives, and that matters most in the end, I would never debate that. But not innovating on the controller, right now looks like a positive in my book for xbox. I don't need an adaptive trigger or fancier rumble, I just want a powerful, intuitive console. Also I think you are kind of understating how good the backwards compatibility on xbox is. It gets a lot of playtime out of some 360 games.

If anything I would say sony is still riding the success of the prior generations console announcement, even as they've slowly become the villain, while microsoft still suffers the punishment from fucking it up. And, of course, microsoft's garbage naming conventions and splitting their generations up.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 03-08-2021 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Sorry for the long post, I'm working and wanna try to get it out lol... Go to digital foundry. They have all the data on how the games perform on their website. It's been tested over and over for months now.

And I'm not understating what the bc can do. I'm simply stating more people want new games, not to play Halo 2 for the thousand time, but again that's just me and the millions of others that simply want a PS5 more for that exact reason. Many do want the bc option, but they have been waiting for this for years and Sony still shows no signs of doing it. Do I agree the option should be there? Sure, but you won't see me complaining about it anymore.

The controller is a mixed bag for me, but developers can come up with some crazy stuff if they utilize the tech the right way. Expect an updated version of the controller in the near future if they indeed keep fucking up like people say they are (Including me) my point is that when people see this thing, next to an Xbox controller, they are going for the NEW thing... Some love an item that if it isn't broken, don't fix it. But I was really surprised that Microsoft did absolutely NOTHING to even make it a bit more inviting to try something with a next gen console.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit I believe was the most recent one, and while I could care less about some frame drops, PS5 is able keep it steady, with XSX dropping consistently. Apparently XSX doesn't have all the tools yet available for the system to make it run smoothly every time. I can see XSX gaining A LOT of ground however once it gets its footing on the ground with its games. It will be a lot closer than people think.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 03-09-2021 at 03:07 PM.