Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    So tomorrow I am going to buy a PS3 game for myself...but what? I'm thinking of one of these:

For value and nostalgia:

Splinter Cell: HD Collection
    Prince of Persia HD Collection
    Sly Cooper Collection
    Jak and Daxter Collection
    Ratchet and Clank Collection

or

inFamous 2
    Well... I think Infamous 2 is still free if you get Playstation +.
    Also, I think the Sly Cooper games were borderline free if you have +.
    Not sure, you can check in the PS store. You need to renew the subscription fee if you want to be able to keep playing the games, but it's probably worth it considering.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So my grandparents heard me rambling in the past and as a surprise for an early birthday gift they bought me a WiFi PS Vita! Just got it today.

Excellent!

Such an amazing nice gesture but I have no memory card nor any games so looks like it's a fancy paper weight till I get the money to buy this junk. Such a money pit. Sony couldn't even bother to give even the shittiest built-in memory to do anything.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-13-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    So my grandparents heard me rambling in the past and as a surprise for an early birthday gift they bought me a WiFi PS Vita! Just got it today.

Excellent!

Such an amazing nice gesture but I have no memory card nor any games so looks like it's a fancy paper weight till I get the money to buy this junk. Such a money pit. Sony couldn't even bother to give even the shittiest built-in memory to do anything.
    Yeah... And I would really suggest opting for a large memory card. I have a 16 gig in mine and it's constantly full. The (unacceptable) problem too is that if you want to delete a vita game and back up your save data, at this point it requires you to back the entire game up... You can't just back up the 500k save file onto your computer, no, you have to transfer the 2 gig game file.

That said, I love my vita, and there's some great games for it. Some are free too, so you'll at least get started on those once you get a mem card.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yeah... And I would really suggest opting for a large memory card. I have a 16 gig in mine and it's constantly full. The (unacceptable) problem too is that if you want to delete a vita game and back up your save data, at this point it requires you to back the entire game up... You can't just back up the 500k save file onto your computer, no, you have to transfer the 2 gig game file.

That said, I love my vita, and there's some great games for it. Some are free too, so you'll at least get started on those once you get a mem card.
    Yeah, I was definitely just going to go all out and get that 16 GB one but as you just confirmed it still seems a little low for memory. Either way this upcoming week I am going to get the 16 GB card and some game, unsure of what. Either way I'm stoked.

I haven't had the time to mess with it outside of setting it up. The user interface and the overall handling is smoother than I thought and expected. The only flaw I might see is the fact the back also has a touch screen (as some have stated).

I flawlessly synced to my PSN account and can view my trophies with no problems as well which is very cool. Easily view what my friends are doing just like on the XBL. The screen's gonna need a protector methinks.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm going to be getting a Vita next week. I gotta thank Jinsai for the heads up on the memory card thing. I'm pretty excited to get one. Can't wait to play Persona 4: The Golden.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    There's a new Vita firmware update out that adds PS+ support along with some other updates. Starting today the first free PS+ games for Vita are Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, Tales From Space Mutant Blobs Attack(pissed I bought it last month but it was only 4 bucks or something so whatever), Gravity Rush and Jet Set Radio. Also Final Fantasy Tactics is thrown in there but it's not really a Vita game.

Really glad I held off on buying Gravity Rush and the other freebies are pretty awesome. I'll probably stop buying Vita games altogether and just play whatever I get for free from PS+. I've only ever played like 4 of the free PS3 games I've gotten from it so far, too many games too little time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Looks like I'll need to boot up my Vita this afternoon then.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'll have to download Uncharted then when I'm playing Persona 4: The Golden.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm kinda pissed that I bought a Vita. Great system and all, but I haven't used it at all. Anyone interested in buying mine?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    How much? (10 chars)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    With the new Black Friday Vita bundles, I'm reeeeally tempted to get one. Especially with these games being given away for PS Plus. Almost every one of those games has been on my list to play.

White Vita and Assassin's Creed: Liberation for $200? Fuck. Sign me up.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yes. That vita/acl bundle is really insanely tempting. Ao is the ps3 one...

Speaking of which, my ps2 is next to out of memory... is there anyway to sort my issues out without buying a computer harddrive. Is there a way to expand, or a cloud for dlc or memory i can send to?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I think there's a cloud for game saves with PS Plus. And any DLC you downloaded should be tied to your PSN account, so you can re-download it at any time.

If you really wanna take care of it, though, I'd say back all of your game saws up on the PS Plus cloud (you can get a 3-month membership for $18) and buy yourself a new hard drive. I got a 500 GB drive for about $65 and found some really good instructions online. It's actually not as difficult as you might think. I was kinda nervous about it, but it was super easy.

Aaand I think I've decided not to get that Vita bundle. I would, but there are a whole slew of things I can get done with that $200. Besides, I bought up all of the PS Vita games they have up for free for PS Plus members, so at least I have the games. I'll wait until I have a bit more cash and maybe treat myself to a Vita around Christmas.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-20-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I upgraded my HD to a 500GB too over the summer, really easy. All you need is the latest version of the PS software, and to back up your current HD to an external. Then load the PS software file, then your saved data from the external. The copying to the new drive is what takes forever. Also, the new store layout sucks.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I wish I was lucky enough to be able to transfer all my old stuff to my new drive. HDD failure.

I don't mind the new store layout. Well, parts of it anyway. I like the menues on the left side of the window, but everything else is pretty cluttered and slow.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Ah man, that sucks. Luckily I had an external laying around, and was able to back up to that. I totally agree with you on the store, side menus are great, but the rest is terrible. Picked up Resident Evil 5 for free thanks to PS+ while typing this

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I love PS Plus. I just can't wait to see the inevitable Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals they're gonna have. I'm gonna buy the shit out of their Classics.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Will they do that? I can't remember if they did last year (I've had it since they rolled it out, and love it too).

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    I'm kinda pissed that I bought a Vita. Great system and all, but I haven't used it at all. Anyone interested in buying mine?
    I can understand your frustration. If I wasn't able to import games from Japan and play those, the thing would have been sitting on my shelf for a while there.

Still, before you sell it, seriously consider playing Persona 4: The Golden first
    The general consensus is that this is the best version of what is probably one of the best Japanese RPGs ever made. Even if the system completely bombs, it might have been worth owning just to play through this game.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I can understand your frustration. If I wasn't able to import games from Japan and play those, the thing would have been sitting on my shelf for a while there.

Still, before you sell it, seriously consider playing Persona 4: The Golden first
    The general consensus is that this is the best version of what is probably one of the best Japanese RPGs ever made. Even if the system completely bombs, it might have been worth owning just to play through this game.
    Completely agreed.

Not just coming from being a fanboy of Persona 3 and 4, but P4G is seriously awesome as fuck. I'm having a blast with it. All the new stuff they added in plus keeping everything from the original from the PS2 makes it worth it all.

I highly recommend Persona 4: Golden.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Gaaaah. You guys! Making it hard to resist that Vita bundle! ;P

Oh yeah! Hey Nemesis (And anyone else who's interested!). Guess who finally has a PS3 connected to the internet all the time? Add me and we can play some stuff sometime! ImTheWiseJanitor.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Gaaaah. You guys! Making it hard to resist that Vita bundle! ;P

Oh yeah! Hey Nemesis (And anyone else who's interested!). Guess who finally has a PS3 connected to the internet all the time? Add me and we can play some stuff sometime! ImTheWiseJanitor.
    I sent ya a friend request awhile ago.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    vita finally does have enough stuff to make me want it.

Any one else get All-Stars? Lots of fun!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post

Funny enough, the only reason I'm thinking of getting this game is because it runs dual on my vita. Finally, a new game does this.
    Considering that I'm watching this system die (hopefully not?), I'm actually down to buy the one game that it came around promising it would do.

But the game is actually fun and good? Fuck it... I'm on board.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I got a Vita and the playstation bundle during this whole Black Friday Shindig...

memory transfer was easy, but long.

Vita might end up being one of my all time favorite game machines. Powerful, easy to use, and lots of great games.... Why is this thing a sinking ship. If it does indeed fail, it will be a real tragedy.

Plus got me Gravity Rush for free, and that game is a blast. Great atmosphere, good story, a stand out for the year.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post

I'm tempted to get it as well, even though it's merely a Super Smash Bros. rip-off/clone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm SO glad this is on PS3.

I don't mean I'm glad it's an exclusive, because I want everyone to be able to play it, but I'd be super butthurt if this wasn't gonna be releasd on PS3. :P This'll definitely hold us over until the next Uncharted game comes out.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    looks well good. Last massive game of this console cycle? Maybeeee

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    SONY to make 'big announcement' on Feb. 20 at 3pm PST.