Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    So if a FF7 remake is the biggest thing they have to offer, sony has failed this E3.

edit: Nevermind, they just announced Shenmue, I AM SOLD!!!!
    I know this is the gaming equivalent of hell freezing over, the second coming of christ, and the original beatles reforming, so it isnt surprising that the other cool stuff got swept under the table, but that post apocalyptic cave woman game looks EXCELLENT, ubisoft had a melee combat driven pvp game that looked pretty innovative, there is a photo real star wars battlefront game floating around, a excellent looking new tom clancy game, stunning no man's sky footage, a very excuting new destiny expansion, and probably the biggest slate of new IP I have ever seen at one of these.

I know we just saw 4 of the biggest gaming reveals in history in the last 24 hours, but everything in between was very cool, too.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The cavegirl game felt to assassins Creed for me. But will try it out. I don't own a ps4 and was waiting to buy one when the last of us 2 comes out. But now that shenmue has its kickstarter goal, I'll be a ps4 owner in 2017.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, there is still a hope for The Last Guardian (project Trico) to be released, finally, it seems? I bought PS3 because of Gran Turismo and Trico. :-) Too bad I am not interested in buying PS4. (Which reminds me, no info about next Gran Turismo, but I do not care anymore anyway.)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/...s4-at-e3-2015/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    After seeing the demo of The Last Guardian, I am preparing for this to be one of the saddest games ever.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Yeah, cool article. Sony really stuck it to Nintendo again a few years later by landing Final Fantasy VII for the PlayStation, a game that was originally supposed to be for SNES/N64. But competition is a good thing, and it’s good that both companies are still doing well, and supporting solid game libraries. A gamer will love great games, no matter what platform they’re on.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Flash Sale on PS4 is good at the moment. Even though I heard it's bad, The Order 1886 is on sale for a measly $10.00, worth getting?

I bought Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster and God of War III Remastered this weekend due to Black Friday. $15.00 for each physically? Yes.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Picked up both Wolfenstein games for about 16. Considering the order, but I dunno. I've already played it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    There's also a 10% discount code good until the first: fh24p5bdr6

Works with the flash sale, grabbed The Order for 9 bucks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    damn, I wish that worked in the EU, I'd snap it up in a second..

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    After seeing the demo of The Last Guardian, I am preparing for this to be one of the saddest games ever.
    I was listening to a podcast recently and there was a debate they had the episode after that demo debuted - "WELP, WHICH ONE OF THEM DIES FIRST?" Yep, it's gonna be feel city, one way or another.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I’ve been reading that the PS4 has all of the sudden magically gained the ability to play PS2 discs. Is this true? Can any PS4 owner verify?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i think it's in the works, but not quite ready yet. i just picked up a ps4 and would *love* backwards compatibility, going so far back as the *first* PS if at all possible :P. my wife wants to play parappa the rapper and super puzzle fighter 2 on the regular and it's such a production to dust that old beast off...

ps- i'm mostly playing battlefront at the moment. my username is operadenuit for anyone who wants to be pals.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Its just a couple of Star Wars games that Eurogamer looked at and went 'those are being emulated' and Sony went 'yep, we'll have news soon'.

Its pretty decent emulation with crisper edges and even trophies, but seems to point at being PS2 classics that have to be downloadable from PSN.

While PS3 emulation is off the cards, it'd be rad to be able to stick PSX / PS2 games into the PS4 and play em (like my original PS3)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Picking up The New Order and The Old Blood for next to nothing was an awesome idea. Those games are fun as shit, and not to mention they're hilarious. BJ's a super fun character to listen to throughout the game.

My only gripe is the tedious "find x items for this character around the hideout" missions that you HAVE to do to progress in the story. That's not what I want from Wolfenstein! I wanna kill Nazis! Those tasks kill the momentum of your playtime. But I can't complain, buying them on that flash sale was practically a steal.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Hideo Kojima opening up his own studio in talks to release his first game on Playstation.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/koj...medium=twitter

PLEASE let him sort something out for Silent Hills! Just watching the youtube videos of that PT demo was scary enough as I don't have a PS4 and now I will never get the chance to play it

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Beyond pissed with fucking Sony. I understand that is it a horrible idea to buy consoles on launch day in this day and age, but the fact that a supposed "Next Gen" system will become a fucking brick down the road is unacceptable at this point. I've been with Playstation since the beginning starting with PS1, respectfully. Of course every console has it's hiccups and Sony, nor Microsoft are perfect, but through time, Sony and PS has been very good to me as far as hardware goes and functionality. It always puts a tear in my eye when I hear that people have received bricks, or faulty HDMI ports, or whatever other problems arose the past two years or so. My whole point of this is the fact that instead of buying a console that is supposed to be built to last 10+ fucking years, I have to be almost forced to buy an insurance plan for 50 dollars to insure myself that if anything happens to my console, I am covered.

What the hell happened to the days of just buying a console, throwing in the game, and playing it for years on end, and still to this day work like a charm?? (SNES) I am not saying people didn't have problems with consoles out of the box in the retro days, but when I go to play a brand new 65 dollar game, get through the long ass movie intro, only to have my entire PS4 shut down and not turn back on. Solution to my problem?? Faulty power supply...

Solutions to fixing:

1. Smack the bottom of where the supply is located and play until it decides to turn off again

2. Replace the supply with another power source, and from extensive research, only works less than half of the time.

3. Buy the insurance and send it to Sony for repair.

Only thing is... since I decided not to buy the insurance plan, and since my console is over a year old....A YEAR OLD. I am no longer qualified for the insurance. Mind you, my PS4 is exactly 1 year, and 1 month old. Now, instead of being able to send my console in, I have to either pay $160.00 to send it back in, or buy a completely new system. I am beyond livid right now, and some may say "Should have purchased the insurance". I call bullshit on that. It's amazing how loyal gamers to any platform are treated. It's not like I'm buying a car here. I'll take this as a learning lesson, but I still cannot believe that shit like this happens and people are stuck with brick, shit systems because they had a bad luck of the draw while picking the console off of the shelf. Thanks Sony.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Beyond pissed with fucking Sony. I understand that is it a horrible idea to buy consoles on launch day in this day and age, but the fact that a supposed "Next Gen" system will become a fucking brick down the road is unacceptable at this point.
    It's a possibility, it always has been.

My brother's PS4 randomly ejects discs (a problem that has been somewhat fixed now that we've sliced the bottom of the eject rubber bumper off). Xbox 360s could burn your house down. My PSP stopped working a little over a year of having used it, and I paid close to a hundred dollars to have it repaired. I was upset, but oh well, stuff breaks.

My minimoog voyager synthesizer, which I paid close to 3000 dollars for, suddenly went nuts (after being kept in immaculate condition) one day... They offered free repairs but I only had to pay shipping. I've blocked out how much that was, but the thing weighs around 40 pounds or so... but oh well.

These things are complex machines, and they're mass produced for price efficiency. They can break. You can get unlucky... and as you said, yes, you're not buying a car here. I'm not going to say "you should have purchased the insurance," because that would be silly since I didn't either. I hedged my bets, hoping my shit wouldn't break vs the probability of the chance it would and the cost difference if it should. I got lucky. You did the same thing and didn't get as lucky as me or my brother... who still has a wonky PS4 but it functions (for now).

You approach this whole thing from the perspective that the company should extend similar brand loyalty to you as a consumer. Whenever you see a demonstration of that sort of thing, it's a marketing illusion. They will "care" if this becomes a big enough problem to the degree that the 360's "red ring of death" was, and they will only care at that point because it is a better option financially to compensate disgruntled customers than it is to fight potential class action lawsuits.

It's probably better to just let it go and treat it the way you'd treat your car getting towed for some completely bullshit reason. It happens, and it's a much bigger inconvenience and it costs a lot more. Oh well. Fuck it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    That sucks man, sorry to hear that.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It's a possibility, it always has been.
    I expressed this mentioning the retro days. Yes, it always has been.

My brother's PS4 randomly ejects discs (a problem that has been somewhat fixed now that we've sliced the bottom of the eject rubber bumper off). Xbox 360s could burn your house down. My PSP stopped working a little over a year of having used it, and I paid close to a hundred dollars to have it repaired. I was upset, but oh well, stuff breaks.
    That does suck, but not everyone has the money to go repair, or even purchase insurance for a gaming device. It may be easier for you, or others to say "Oh well, shit breaks, time to buy or repair another one!!" Compared to the people that are literally stuck with a brick that cannot afford to even attempt to repair one.

You approach this whole thing from the perspective that the company should extend similar brand loyalty to you as a consumer. Whenever you see a demonstration of that sort of thing, it's a marketing illusion. They will "care" if this becomes a big enough problem to the degree that the 360's "red ring of death" was, and they will only care at that point because it is a better option financially to compensate disgruntled customers than it is to fight potential class action lawsuits.
    I may have rage ranted a bit and may have seem a bit naive to the situation, but I fully understand that being a loyal customer doesn't mean shit in this day and age, or even ever. I had to deal with the yellow light of death with my PS3, fixed the disc drive, and got another couple of months out of it. I then bought a slim when it first came out, and after a few months, it would reset on it's own. I accepted the fact and just dealt with it since I was younger and money wasn't much of a problem. Now, having tons of more responsibility and less money to throw around, yes, I am pissed.

It's probably better to just let it go and treat it the way you'd treat your car getting towed for some completely bullshit reason. It happens, and it's a much bigger inconvenience and it costs a lot more. Oh well. Fuck it.
    Of course I will let it go . Everyone is entitled to a little rage here and there when something like this happens. Some may be able to let it go as easy as you can, but others do not work that way. It's just a bit tougher when it happens to something you love. I've learned to digress with situations like this. In the end, I need my car much more than I need a PS4...

Quote Originally Posted by bruised
    That sucks man, sorry to hear that.

Appreciate it dude. At least I can dissect my old PS4 whenever I am able to purchase a new one . One aspect that I do love when systems go to shit.

Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 01-06-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I got rid of Comcast cable and got Playstation Vue, it's fucking awesome. The cloud based DVR is really cool, you just mark your favorite shows and it records everything that airs, tells you when there's a new episode. I have the most expensive package you can get and it's $54.99 a month, no other charges, no bullshit. You can cancel whenever you want. It has every channel I could want, still has a bunch that I will never watch but a lot less than Comcast or Verizon have. If you're looking to save some money on your cable bill then I highly recommend this. You don't even need a PS4/PS3, I bought an Amazon Fire TV to use for this and all of my other streaming, Vue looks and functions exactly the same on it as it does on the PS4.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 06-30-2016 at 08:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What the fuck are you doing Sony? How can you be one of the biggest supporters for UHD 4K movies and then not put it in the PS4 Pro? That is mind-boggling to me. I have been wanting to upgrade so I can start watching my 4k movies so I was waiting to see what Sony announced and was disappointed to say the least. I'll still play my PS4 but I'm definitely in the market for a Xbox One S now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They're fucking up, imo. Raising the rates then getting brought down TWICE in one week. Then, reveal the Pro, which seems like a pretty inferior console compared to xbox. So now, i'm going to hear a lot about how ps4 gets the inferior ports, etc.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Wow, so much time with no traffic apparently. What is this, my Death Stranding thread?

Anyway, E3 season got to me and I finally caved - sold my PS4 to a friend and bought myself a PS4 Pro while they're still $50 off! Still downloading lots of my old games (haven't touched my PS4 in like 8 months), but I'm really stoked to play some of the stuff I've had on the back burner while my PS4 was acting funny. I renewed PS Plus and bought Assassin's Creed Origins on the hella cheap, too, after using my discount included in the PS4 Pro box. I was somehow lucky enough to get two 20%-off codes in my box so I'll be using the other one in a couple weeks on payday! So much to play before the avalanche of new games that is winter 2018/19.

If anyone's interested, there are still TONS of deals going on for their E3/"Days of Play" sale. Digital/physical games, controllers for $40, all that goodness.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/06/11...n-days-of-play

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Loved the PlayStation conference. Unfortunately, most of what they showed doesn't come out for awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Wow, so much time with no traffic apparently. What is this, my Death Stranding thread?

Anyway, E3 season got to me and I finally caved - sold my PS4 to a friend and bought myself a PS4 Pro while they're still $50 off! Still downloading lots of my old games (haven't touched my PS4 in like 8 months), but I'm really stoked to play some of the stuff I've had on the back burner while my PS4 was acting funny. I renewed PS Plus and bought Assassin's Creed Origins on the hella cheap, too, after using my discount included in the PS4 Pro box. I was somehow lucky enough to get two 20%-off codes in my box so I'll be using the other one in a couple weeks on payday! So much to play before the avalanche of new games that is winter 2018/19.

If anyone's interested, there are still TONS of deals going on for their E3/"Days of Play" sale. Digital/physical games, controllers for $40, all that goodness.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/06/11...n-days-of-play
    We bought a 4K TV after moving into our new place in April, so naturally I had to have a Pro. Grabbed the God of War Pro bundle, which is god-damn beautiful. When they announced the Pro, I didn't really see the point and was happy to go without, but fuck, this thing makes playing certain games less painful. Faster loading times for Destiny 2 is everything I ever wanted, and God of War in 4k was gorgeous!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Might as well...

In case you haven't seen any of the Black Friday ad leaks, the standard edition PS4 is dropping down to $199.99. The first confirmed bundle includes The Last of Us: Remastered, God of War (2018), and Horizon Zero Dawn.

As you could probably guess from the price drop, that means the PS5 is confirmed to be releasing next year (Q4).

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    That's a really good deal for anyone not yet having not been able to try any of the PS exclusives.
    I'd also recommend Spider-man and Bloodborne!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Too many games coming out.

Bought the special edition of Nioh 2.

Made it to the second mission. The Mezuki boss was cool. He wasn't too hard.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-13-2020 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)