Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31
Results 901 to 918 of 918

Thread: The Playstation Thread

  1. #901
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,570
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Demons Souls was definitely more difficult w/ close ranged melee focus, but really, it's a pretty challenging game once you get further along into it (unless they changed something dramatically). I'm sure they fixed the duping trick... without that, the platinum is pretty much impossible to get because of the weapon stone upgrades, so I'd be curious to see if they adjusted the crystal gecko drop rates.

    For starters, each area gets harder when you die in it, and that changes the "world tendency," and it really doesn't explain this to you. Once you start intentionally manipulating the world tendency, you start putting yourself in really challenging scenarios no matter how OP your character is.

    Ugh, I really wish I had a PS5 and this game...

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,178
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    My first experience with the console so far has been nothing but in awe; I haven't been this excited and impressed since the PS2 was released, but ffs, the packaging the actual box was in was terrible. Slight crease on the box from almost NO padding and a small tare as well. I was super scared to even open it.

    Also, lost track of some time from taking pictures for about 20 minutes before even getting the thing set up. The aesthetic of the console is even better in person; they really did a fantastic job with this design.

    - A bit lighter than I was expecting

    - The setup was seamless and the remote connection to transfer data was simple (If you want to transfer a lot of stuff, make sure you're connected direct.)

    - Extra privacy settings/two-step authentication

    - The controller.... You just have to hold it and try it for yourself... I cannot really explain it atm. D-pad doesn't feel that much off from the PS4 pad, it's fine.

    - Cannot believe people were complaining about having to use a simple screw for the stand. It was so easy I literally popped it on in seconds and used my finger nail to secure it lolol... People man.

    Edit:
    - The UI is simple and easy to navigate, although, I cannot help but think this was what they initially envisioned the PS3 interface to be like; there are glaring similarities to me.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-16-2020 at 01:29 AM.

  3. #903
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,207
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Not sure if you have a Twitter, but Wario64 shares links for sales every day, along with consoles from various outlets minutes after they're announced. One of your best bets for updates.
    This was exactly how I got mine. Also check https://www.nowinstock.net/videogami...soles/sonyps5/

  4. #904
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,207
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    My first experience with the console so far has been nothing but in awe; I haven't been this excited and impressed since the PS2 was released, but ffs, the packaging the actual box was in was terrible. Slight crease on the box from almost NO padding and a small tare as well. I was super scared to even open it.

    Also, lost track of some time from taking pictures for about 20 minutes before even getting the thing set up. The aesthetic of the console is even better in person; they really did a fantastic job with this design.

    - A bit lighter than I was expecting

    - The setup was seamless and the remote connection to transfer data was simple (If you want to transfer a lot of stuff, make sure you're connected direct.)

    - Extra privacy settings/two-step authentication

    - The controller.... You just have to hold it and try it for yourself... I cannot really explain it atm. D-pad doesn't feel that much off from the PS4 pad, it's fine.

    - Cannot believe people were complaining about having to use a simple screw for the stand. It was so easy I literally popped it on in seconds and used my finger nail to secure it lolol... People man.

    Edit:
    - The UI is simple and easy to navigate, although, I cannot help but think this was what they initially envisioned the PS3 interface to be like; there are glaring similarities to me.
    Seconding most of these comments, I think the design is really cool and different. The controller might take over the Xbox One controller as the best of all time for me.

    One thing I do not like is the ease of holding the PS button to turn off the console, you have to push it once to go into the control panel to do it instead of holding it down for a few seconds to jump right to it. First world problem I know, but it was super convenient.

    The good thing about waiting on a second batch of manufacturing is that they might do small engineering changes and the games will be a little cheaper (especially used).

  5. #905
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    719
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Man I never spec for magic in these games. Care to give an explainer?
    Im no expert on the stats but with magic it makes some of the boss fights really easy, it also scales with a weapon you can get very early in the game Crescent falcon.

  6. #906
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,178
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Seconding most of these comments, I think the design is really cool and different. The controller might take over the Xbox One controller as the best of all time for me.

    One thing I do not like is the ease of holding the PS button to turn off the console, you have to push it once to go into the control panel to do it instead of holding it down for a few seconds to jump right to it. First world problem I know, but it was super convenient.

    The good thing about waiting on a second batch of manufacturing is that they might do small engineering changes and the games will be a little cheaper (especially used).
    Yea, I was testing the speeds of older games and some loaded up almost instantly. But the winner here is the controller.

    I made my mom (Who's last game was Sonic the Hedgehog, yes, the first one) try it out. I wanted to get a reaction from someone that never plays them and she was absolutely floored. She was smiling, laughing, making those "OH" outbursts.. It was a treat to watch because I had the same exact reactions. Sony did something special here with the duelsense. I've always been in the minority liking the Playstation controller better; the offset joysticks infuriate me on Xbox, but biased aside, this has to be the best controller I've ever experienced. Oh! And it is made super well and is pretty much rage proof.

    I noticed the power off feature missing. An extra click, yes, but I feel this can be fixed with a simple update down the road... I hope they do it.

    What is really a game changer as well is the PS Plus essentials. If you don't have the money to buy new games, there are a slew of games available for free through PS Plus. I have most of them but when you boot up the playstation and there are tons of options for games to play... That's a big deal to a lot of consumers. Bugsnax available? Fuck yes.

    I may grab Godfall tonight. DO NOT sleep on Astros Playroom. One of the best exclusives and the nostalgia is off the charts.

  7. #907
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    719
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Blue point should be the go to company for remaking classics - shadow of the colossus was incredible and now this is even better. I wish they remade Resident Evil 3 lol. I'm so blown away by demon souls remake

  8. #908
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Picked up my PS5 last night, five minutes into playing Miles Morales the game froze and then the whole system crashed. That was a bit concerning but it was smooth sailing after that. I only played for a few hours but I absolutely love the new controller, it's so freaking comfortable to use.

  9. #909
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,178
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Picked up my PS5 last night, five minutes into playing Miles Morales the game froze and then the whole system crashed. That was a bit concerning but it was smooth sailing after that. I only played for a few hours but I absolutely love the new controller, it's so freaking comfortable to use.
    D-pad and buttons still work ace on Crash Bandicoot, if not better. Insomniac said they were looking into the crashes since most were experiencing the same thing while playing Miles. I haven't had any problems at all so far.

  10. #910
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Insomniac said they were looking into the crashes since most were experiencing the same thing while playing Miles. I haven't had any problems at all so far.
    Oh nice. Glad it's a known game issue and not something with my PS5. I played it for a few more hours yesterday and didn't have any issues.

    Played some Borderlands 3 last night and the way the controller vibrates during reloading and what not is pretty damn cool. It's subtle but really keeps you in the game, excited to play more of Astro's Playroom to see more of what the controller can do.

  11. #911
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,689
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Can you play PS4 games with this console please? I read somewhere you can and you can also use the virtual reality set which would be a relief for me as it was quite expensive

  12. #912
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Can you play PS4 games with this console please? I read somewhere you can and you can also use the virtual reality set which would be a relief for me as it was quite expensive
    Sure can! There are a few PS4 games that you can't play, maybe 10. A quick google search will find them for you.

    The VR set does work but you have to get an adapter to use it with the PS5, it's free from Sony. I couldn't find the UK site to request the adapter but I'm sure google will get you there as well.

  13. #913
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,689
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Sure can! There are a few PS4 games that you can't play, maybe 10. A quick google search will find them for you.

    The VR set does work but you have to get an adapter to use it with the PS5, it's free from Sony. I couldn't find the UK site to request the adapter but I'm sure google will get you there as well.
    Yes thanks for that. I checked the list of non compatible ones and don’t have any. My PS4 Pro is making a right racket when I play any games and the disk drive is fucked - so am hoping to upgrade for my birthday next April

  14. #914
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,178
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Oh nice. Glad it's a known game issue and not something with my PS5. I played it for a few more hours yesterday and didn't have any issues.

    Played some Borderlands 3 last night and the way the controller vibrates during reloading and what not is pretty damn cool. It's subtle but really keeps you in the game, excited to play more of Astro's Playroom to see more of what the controller can do.
    Well there were a few firmware problems at launch that was making the PS5 crash while taking it out of rest mode. I haven't put it in rest mode yet from being a tad skeptical, but it should be fine now. There was also a bug while transferring games that would force you to factory reset. But after the reset, everyone with the problem said it was smooth sailing after that.

    Definitely take some more time to play Astros Playroom. It arguably could have been a 40 dollar game and is filled with so much nostalgia and game references from PS1 all the way up to 4.

  15. #915
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I heard about the rest mode thing so I haven't used that at all. With how fast this thing boots up it's not even really needed now. My system seems fine so no harm, no foul I guess.

  16. #916
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,178
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I heard about the rest mode thing so I haven't used that at all. With how fast this thing boots up it's not even really needed now. My system seems fine so no harm, no foul I guess.
    I was checking some tip and trick videos that show some features you may not know about like being able to customize the bottom line and hold the mic button down on the duelsense to mute the entire system.

    Also... I know Xbox has the smart delivery... But I complete forgot about the task cards on PS. You can just go to the card and instantly load the game to that specific part in the game. Honestly... With this and how fast the games boot up from a cold boot, the smart delivery on the XBSX is kinda whatever to me now.


  17. #917
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Iíll definitely check out that video. I havenít even looked for customization options

  18. #918
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,139
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    the Black Friday sale is up on the PS store...think I'm going to get the FF7 remake and Persona 5 Royal for a discounted price.

    Been loving the hell out of Horizon Zero Dawn btw. I kinda stopped caring for the story, I'm all about the gameplay (even if I still kinda suck at it) . Almost done with it, I think I'm on the last quest.

    FFIX! Love it! So charming and just that classic PS1 era game. I'm taking my time with this intentionally.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions