Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    My first experience with the console so far has been nothing but in awe; I haven't been this excited and impressed since the PS2 was released, but ffs, the packaging the actual box was in was terrible. Slight crease on the box from almost NO padding and a small tare as well. I was super scared to even open it.

Also, lost track of some time from taking pictures for about 20 minutes before even getting the thing set up. The aesthetic of the console is even better in person; they really did a fantastic job with this design.

- A bit lighter than I was expecting

- The setup was seamless and the remote connection to transfer data was simple (If you want to transfer a lot of stuff, make sure you're connected direct.)

- Extra privacy settings/two-step authentication

- The controller.... You just have to hold it and try it for yourself... I cannot really explain it atm. D-pad doesn't feel that much off from the PS4 pad, it's fine.

- Cannot believe people were complaining about having to use a simple screw for the stand. It was so easy I literally popped it on in seconds and used my finger nail to secure it lolol... People man.

Edit:
    - The UI is simple and easy to navigate, although, I cannot help but think this was what they initially envisioned the PS3 interface to be like; there are glaring similarities to me.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-16-2020 at 12:29 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Not sure if you have a Twitter, but Wario64 shares links for sales every day, along with consoles from various outlets minutes after they're announced. One of your best bets for updates.
    This was exactly how I got mine. Also check https://www.nowinstock.net/videogami...soles/sonyps5/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My first experience with the console so far has been nothing but in awe; I haven't been this excited and impressed since the PS2 was released, but ffs, the packaging the actual box was in was terrible. Slight crease on the box from almost NO padding and a small tare as well. I was super scared to even open it.

Also, lost track of some time from taking pictures for about 20 minutes before even getting the thing set up. The aesthetic of the console is even better in person; they really did a fantastic job with this design.

- A bit lighter than I was expecting

- The setup was seamless and the remote connection to transfer data was simple (If you want to transfer a lot of stuff, make sure you're connected direct.)

- Extra privacy settings/two-step authentication

- The controller.... You just have to hold it and try it for yourself... I cannot really explain it atm. D-pad doesn't feel that much off from the PS4 pad, it's fine.

- Cannot believe people were complaining about having to use a simple screw for the stand. It was so easy I literally popped it on in seconds and used my finger nail to secure it lolol... People man.

Edit:
    - The UI is simple and easy to navigate, although, I cannot help but think this was what they initially envisioned the PS3 interface to be like; there are glaring similarities to me.
    Seconding most of these comments, I think the design is really cool and different. The controller might take over the Xbox One controller as the best of all time for me.

One thing I do not like is the ease of holding the PS button to turn off the console, you have to push it once to go into the control panel to do it instead of holding it down for a few seconds to jump right to it. First world problem I know, but it was super convenient.

The good thing about waiting on a second batch of manufacturing is that they might do small engineering changes and the games will be a little cheaper (especially used).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Man I never spec for magic in these games. Care to give an explainer?
    Im no expert on the stats but with magic it makes some of the boss fights really easy, it also scales with a weapon you can get very early in the game Crescent falcon.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Seconding most of these comments, I think the design is really cool and different. The controller might take over the Xbox One controller as the best of all time for me.

One thing I do not like is the ease of holding the PS button to turn off the console, you have to push it once to go into the control panel to do it instead of holding it down for a few seconds to jump right to it. First world problem I know, but it was super convenient.

The good thing about waiting on a second batch of manufacturing is that they might do small engineering changes and the games will be a little cheaper (especially used).
    Yea, I was testing the speeds of older games and some loaded up almost instantly. But the winner here is the controller.

I made my mom (Who's last game was Sonic the Hedgehog, yes, the first one) try it out. I wanted to get a reaction from someone that never plays them and she was absolutely floored. She was smiling, laughing, making those "OH" outbursts.. It was a treat to watch because I had the same exact reactions. Sony did something special here with the duelsense. I've always been in the minority liking the Playstation controller better; the offset joysticks infuriate me on Xbox, but biased aside, this has to be the best controller I've ever experienced. Oh! And it is made super well and is pretty much rage proof.

I noticed the power off feature missing. An extra click, yes, but I feel this can be fixed with a simple update down the road... I hope they do it.

What is really a game changer as well is the PS Plus essentials. If you don't have the money to buy new games, there are a slew of games available for free through PS Plus. I have most of them but when you boot up the playstation and there are tons of options for games to play... That's a big deal to a lot of consumers. Bugsnax available? Fuck yes.

I may grab Godfall tonight. DO NOT sleep on Astros Playroom. One of the best exclusives and the nostalgia is off the charts.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Blue point should be the go to company for remaking classics - shadow of the colossus was incredible and now this is even better. I wish they remade Resident Evil 3 lol. I'm so blown away by demon souls remake

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Picked up my PS5 last night, five minutes into playing Miles Morales the game froze and then the whole system crashed. That was a bit concerning but it was smooth sailing after that. I only played for a few hours but I absolutely love the new controller, it's so freaking comfortable to use.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Picked up my PS5 last night, five minutes into playing Miles Morales the game froze and then the whole system crashed. That was a bit concerning but it was smooth sailing after that. I only played for a few hours but I absolutely love the new controller, it's so freaking comfortable to use.
    D-pad and buttons still work ace on Crash Bandicoot, if not better. Insomniac said they were looking into the crashes since most were experiencing the same thing while playing Miles. I haven't had any problems at all so far.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Insomniac said they were looking into the crashes since most were experiencing the same thing while playing Miles. I haven't had any problems at all so far.
    Oh nice. Glad it's a known game issue and not something with my PS5. I played it for a few more hours yesterday and didn't have any issues.

Played some Borderlands 3 last night and the way the controller vibrates during reloading and what not is pretty damn cool. It's subtle but really keeps you in the game, excited to play more of Astro's Playroom to see more of what the controller can do.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Can you play PS4 games with this console please? I read somewhere you can and you can also use the virtual reality set which would be a relief for me as it was quite expensive

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Can you play PS4 games with this console please? I read somewhere you can and you can also use the virtual reality set which would be a relief for me as it was quite expensive
    Sure can! There are a few PS4 games that you can't play, maybe 10. A quick google search will find them for you.

The VR set does work but you have to get an adapter to use it with the PS5, it's free from Sony. I couldn't find the UK site to request the adapter but I'm sure google will get you there as well.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Sure can! There are a few PS4 games that you can't play, maybe 10. A quick google search will find them for you.

The VR set does work but you have to get an adapter to use it with the PS5, it's free from Sony. I couldn't find the UK site to request the adapter but I'm sure google will get you there as well.
    Yes thanks for that. I checked the list of non compatible ones and don’t have any. My PS4 Pro is making a right racket when I play any games and the disk drive is fucked - so am hoping to upgrade for my birthday next April

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Oh nice. Glad it's a known game issue and not something with my PS5. I played it for a few more hours yesterday and didn't have any issues.

Played some Borderlands 3 last night and the way the controller vibrates during reloading and what not is pretty damn cool. It's subtle but really keeps you in the game, excited to play more of Astro's Playroom to see more of what the controller can do.
    Well there were a few firmware problems at launch that was making the PS5 crash while taking it out of rest mode. I haven't put it in rest mode yet from being a tad skeptical, but it should be fine now. There was also a bug while transferring games that would force you to factory reset. But after the reset, everyone with the problem said it was smooth sailing after that.

Definitely take some more time to play Astros Playroom. It arguably could have been a 40 dollar game and is filled with so much nostalgia and game references from PS1 all the way up to 4.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I heard about the rest mode thing so I haven't used that at all. With how fast this thing boots up it's not even really needed now. My system seems fine so no harm, no foul I guess.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I heard about the rest mode thing so I haven't used that at all. With how fast this thing boots up it's not even really needed now. My system seems fine so no harm, no foul I guess.
    I was checking some tip and trick videos that show some features you may not know about like being able to customize the bottom line and hold the mic button down on the duelsense to mute the entire system.

Also... I know Xbox has the smart delivery... But I complete forgot about the task cards on PS. You can just go to the card and instantly load the game to that specific part in the game. Honestly... With this and how fast the games boot up from a cold boot, the smart delivery on the XBSX is kinda whatever to me now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I’ll definitely check out that video. I haven’t even looked for customization options

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the Black Friday sale is up on the PS store...think I'm going to get the FF7 remake and Persona 5 Royal for a discounted price.

Been loving the hell out of Horizon Zero Dawn btw. I kinda stopped caring for the story, I'm all about the gameplay (even if I still kinda suck at it) . Almost done with it, I think I'm on the last quest.

FFIX! Love it! So charming and just that classic PS1 era game. I'm taking my time with this intentionally.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    currently trying to buy a bundle for a PS5 for 800 GODDAMN DOLLARS and I still can't get it.

I don't think I've ever been this annoyed by something like this. How did Sony screw this up so bad. The same site did an Xbox drop earlier and it was available for over 15 minutes. Their stock of PS5s was gone in what seemed like less than 5 seconds.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-30-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    currently trying to buy a bundle for a PS5 for 800 GODDAMN DOLLARS and I still can't get it.

I don't think I've ever been this annoyed by something like this. How did Sony screw this up so bad. The same site did an Xbox drop earlier and it was available for over 15 minutes. Their stock of PS5s was gone in what seemed like less than 5 seconds.
    More scalper led bots. I know you want it but just wait till next year when Sony pull their head of of their ass.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    if it was just about me waiting, that'd be fine... I'd probably be mostly playing Final Fantasy XIV and Demon's Souls on it personally, and I can play FFXIV right now. There's other reasons why I would have really liked to have gotten it sooner. It's just unfortunate. Fuck scalpers.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    For fun I visit eBay every once in awhile.

Today after I replied I went and had a look. There were over 50 pages I searched (in 5/10 page increments) with high to low pricing parameters and after 50 pages most listings were still priced $1500.00-$1200.00. Basically all that tells me is the bulk of PS5 stock that is "sold out" was basically scalped and used as ransom for people THAT CAN'T WAIT, GOTTA HAVE IT for profits. Both retailer websites and Sony failed this launch. The bulk of the product went to people trying to make a quick buck. I went to a recently sold search and idiots are buying those stupid prices so as long as asswipes are willing to pay those absurd prices, that means losers that buy and resell for twice or triple the amount will be encouraged to keep doing so.

Once Sony stops having its head in the sand and addresses this problem with huge restocks to reputable outlet retailers these prices won't go away. In the end, all you're gonna end up is seeing these losers on eBay lowering the price to its proper value when they can't attempt to sell them at these stupid prices. They'll wanna dump them and when there's consoles in stores for $499.99 and $399.99 they'll either be stuck with an unsellable product or have to reduce the price and make no money off of it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Once Sony stops having its head in the sand and addresses this problem with huge restocks to reputable outlet retailers these prices won't go away. In the end, all you're gonna end up is seeing these losers on eBay lowering the price to its proper value when they can't attempt to sell them at these stupid prices. They'll wanna dump them and when there's consoles in stores for $499.99 and $399.99 they'll either be stuck with an unsellable product or have to reduce the price and make no money off of it.
    No such thing as a reputable outlet during this botched process unfortunately and who knows when things will even go back to normal for these consoles to be sold in stores. The horror stories I have heard from a family member that works at Walmart and a few friends from Gamestop have all confirmed missing orders, boxes falling off of the truck... My friend works at gamestop and instead of his pre-order, he received a large box of crappy retro games (Mostly sports games so someone knew they were doing.)

Sony botched this release and even when XSX's go on sale, they don't last that long but the demand for a PS5 is simply just higher. There is a small coalition that are making throwaway eBay accounts and bidding on the overpriced scalper posts and never paying lol.

Sure, the pandemic really got in the way, but I find it hilarious and shady that people can still pack into a ANY store that sells electronics, but can't buy a new console limited to one per person. There are still lines outside my stores... Hundreds of people mind you. Sony probably couldn't wait until all these units were sold out so they could announce just that and take no credibility for the launch.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-30-2020 at 08:49 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    They should've done backorders for everyone, that way you know approximately when yours is coming. Do a deposit up front and people will pay it, I don't understand why this is so hard.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    This sounds an awful lot like pretty much every other console launch for the past +25 years. Am I missing something?

And I'm not saying it's fine or fair or Sony couldn't roll this out better, they could, but this all seems very...expected.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I think I'm going to have to stop playing the PS5 Spider-Man games until they patch the freezing issues. Miles Morales froze twice, one time completely shut down the system, the other I was able to bring up the bottom menu and get back to the home screen to close the game at least. Spider-Man Remastered has frozen 3 times, first time it completely shut down the system and the next two times I couldn't even bring up the bottom menu, had to shut it down by holding down the power button on the console. Can't be good for the system. And neither game will sync the save files with the cloud.

Edit: Saw someone on reddit say playing with visuals in fidelity mode is what causes the crashing/freezing, said switching it to performance will stop it from happening. We'll see...
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 12-01-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    This sounds an awful lot like pretty much every other console launch for the past +25 years. Am I missing something?

And I'm not saying it's fine or fair or Sony couldn't roll this out better, they could, but this all seems very...expected.
    I think much of it has to do with AMD chips and unprecedented demand for new tech right now. Nvidia and AMD just had card launches, and the consoles launched at the same time. The AMD launches split the production up so much with the computer cards and the consoles coming out. Plus the pandemic and everyone staying home and on computers all day...which when things go on sale people jump on.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Soo it finally happened. I put my PS5 in rest mode last night and woke up to it completely off. Hit the power button on the controller and nothing... Had to hit the power button two times for the console to go on.

Everything has been fine so far, but now I need to do some looking around and see what others are still experiencing; I thought this was ironed out.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've defaulted back to my original plan for PS5, Looking to get it for my birthday next May. It's nigh impossible to even get onto the websites in the UK when they have stock, let alone get one (and know they are all only offering bundles for upwards of £600-700...i don't want a second controller and charge station!) and that's if it doesn't get stolen by the delivery driver.

And should give me a chance to clear my backlog...unless cyberpunk takes ALL my time lol.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Not sure why Insomniac hasn't announced it yet, but Miles Morales has an update that adds another performance mode that runs the game at 60fps WITH Ray tracing.

Edit:
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 12-09-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Not sure why Insomniac hasn't announced it yet, but Miles Morales has an update that adds another performance mode that runs the game at 60fps WITH Ray tracing.

Edit:
    Fuck yes. This was needed, I don't need 4K but I do want the bells and whistles. Hopefully they do that with Spider-Man Remastered as well.