Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1164

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Trailer for one of the most unnecessary releases of all time. They made Joel look older like in TLOU 2 and it looks off to me. Just very empty feelings from this so far with a full price tag...

Factions will now be released as a stand-alone title..... If they charge full price for a MP that was supposed to be there with the game, I'm not going anywhere near it. Next year for news? HAH.

Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-09-2022 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Trailer for one of the most unnecessary releases of all time. They made Joel look older like in TLOU 2 and it looks off to me. Just very empty feelings from this so far with a full price tag...

Factions will now be released as a stand-alone title..... If they charge full price for a MP that was supposed to be there with the game, I'm not going anywhere near it. Next year for news? HAH.

I could see the excuse for PS3 to PS4 since some people jumped ship from Xbox 360 to PS4 after the One reveal and they didn't play it and the fact PS3 discs don't work on PS4 consoles.

PS4 Remastered version works on a PS5 console so there's no reason. It doesn't even played dated or poorly.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

in advance: I'm so sorry.

Last edited by allegate; 06-09-2022 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Is it ridiculous that The Last of Us has already had a remaster and a remake within 10 years of it's release while older games just sit around wondering if they're a joke to everyone? Yes.

Am i thrilled about playing it again on PC? Also yes.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I could see the excuse for PS3 to PS4 since some people jumped ship from Xbox 360 to PS4 after the One reveal and they didn't play it and the fact PS3 discs don't work on PS4 consoles.

PS4 Remastered version works on a PS5 console so there's no reason. It doesn't even played dated or poorly.
    Agreed. I started it on PS3 but then it got lost in the mix with other new game releases and I finally played the entire thing with the remastered version. So far, "From the ground up exclusively for the PS5" hasn't lived up to that expectation for me, yet. I wish there was a multi-player attached to fill the void for Factions which seems to be turning into something more than they originally envisioned.

So many releases are coming out between 2023/24 as well, the MP will still sell, but I find myself not caring about it much anymore.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Looks nice, can't afford!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thank fuck I kept my PS3 and it’s now up and running in a spare room, they’ve taken all the Silent Hills off the PS5 as well as all Metal Gear Solids but at least I got the SH2 and 3 remasters on PS3. Can play MGS1 and SH1 as it’s PS1. They’re 2 of my favourite game franchises

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    and Suikoden 1 and 2... though apparently there's a PS4/5 remaster coming

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Bit the bullet and bought a PS5 on playstation direct. They're so commonly available on there now, I figured I might as well. Bittersweet because I actually still like my PS4 pro with the SSD I bought for it. At some point, it'll be redundant to have. Might mod it or sell it at some point I guess.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The Dead Space remake looks pretty awesome, yet also exactly like I remember it, only with current-gen graphics (basically a remake done right). Might have to get that when it drops. I also saw a trailer for a VERY similar game called Callisto Protocol, which also looks pretty good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    The Dead Space remake looks pretty awesome, yet also exactly like I remember it, only with current-gen graphics (basically a remake done right). Might have to get that when it drops. I also saw a trailer for a VERY similar game called Callisto Protocol, which also looks pretty good.
    Pretty sure Callisto Protocol is made by the original creator of Dead Space.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Pretty sure Callisto Protocol is made by the original creator of Dead Space.
    That would make a lot of sense. But it almost seemed TOO much like Dead Space. The character even comes across a message scrawled in blood, but instead of "cut off their limbs," it said "shoot their tentacles." I guess if the game is awesome, that's all that matters.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Callisto Protocol is directed by the co-creator of the Dead Space series, Glen Schofield from Striking Distance Studios that he created and helms. It has been on my top list of games to play; I cannot wait to dive into Dead Space again!

The remake will have redesigned levels, different looking armor, and the lighting will be incredibly dynamic, so that will add even more to the atmosphere of the game. It will also have a one-shot dynamic similar to God of War. It will feel the same, but I'm sure different at the same time!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 10-05-2022 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Dead Space 1 was awesome, 2 was pretty good, and I couldn't get into 3. For whatever reason, the concentration of the horror vibe just felt like it was fading with each release, but part 1 is one of my favorite games

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I never got around to 3. I actually really like 2 as well, but for some reason cannot remember much from it.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I liked the weird homage moments to The Thing in Dead Space 3, but otherwise, it didn't pull me in. I honestly feel like I need to revisit it. and the gameplay changed... it felt like it was turning into a more mainstream generic FPS

But then again it's been like about 8 years since played it
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-06-2022 at 08:00 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I loved Dead Space 1 but never finished it as I got stuck on the asteroid bit, I must try again sometime

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Wowza. It's finally happening!

This is so stupid lol...
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 05-24-2023 at 05:06 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    There’s a lot of information being deliberately omitted from that MGS announcement that makes me skeptical. No developer, no cast names, no “Hideo Kojima” on anything, no dates, no gameplay, no nothing.

While I’m happy to see MGS isn’t completely dead, I’m certainly proceeding with caution.

All I wanted was a way to play the older games on new systems, so as long as we actually get that and they aren’t super busted ports, I’ll be happy. But time will tell.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Hideo is probably as distant from this as you can possibly imagine. Like, only because of the size of the island nation is he even remotely in the same place as Konami for this announcement.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Hideo is probably as distant from this as you can possibly imagine. Like, only because of the size of the island nation is he even remotely in the same place as Konami for this announcement.
    For sure. Which makes me immediately skeptical of this whooole thing. Lots of people immediately blindly hyped for this without questioning the deets, but I have questions.

Still intrigued, sure, but…there are a lot of things they could have shown, but chose not to. Which could either be because they’re still extremely early in development, or because they’re aware that there will be backlash with decisions they’ve made.

There wasn’t even a developer or any names attached - simply “Development team.”

I’m open to change and new things, sure, but deliberately holding some information back raises questions.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-24-2023 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    wtaf is that handheld? I heard rumors about it and they all sounded at least a little sane but that thing is decidedly insane.

you need a PS5 to use this so it had better be fucking cheap for that requirement.
    Last edited by allegate; 05-24-2023 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Does anyone know why they're calling the MGS3 remake Metal Gear Solid Δ? How are you supposed to pronounce that? Like "Metal Gear Solid Delta"? I absolutely loved that game (bought it the day it came out back in 2003!) and I'll probably play this remake because it's such a great game and it's been a long time since I played it, but I hope that Hideo Kojima is getting paid royalties for this and the other re-releases (they're re-releasing MGS 1-3 in a collection for PS5 as well).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    There’s a lot of information being deliberately omitted from that MGS announcement that makes me skeptical. No developer, no cast names, no “Hideo Kojima” on anything, no dates, no gameplay, no nothing.

While I’m happy to see MGS isn’t completely dead, I’m certainly proceeding with caution.

All I wanted was a way to play the older games on new systems, so as long as we actually get that and they aren’t super busted ports, I’ll be happy. But time will tell.
    This isn't anything new in the gaming universe lol... Take a breath. There are details I cannot share here, but this isn't the first time games have been announced, with little, to information attached to it, along with no gameplay. Yes, they "Could have" shown more, but why would they?

...games are announced via CGI trailers all the time. I get your hesitant feeling, but I cannot see them butchering a game of this magnitude, nor releasing the others capped at 720p resolution. I'm just happy I'll be able to play them on my PS5. Now, if they indeed add MGS4, and it is just a port... Yea, I'll be pissed lol.

The Master Collection will offer the HD Collection version of MGS 2 & 3. MGS 1 I can see being ran in an emulator, but rememeber, the version of MGS 1 that came with the legacy collection was just a digital copy from the PS3 library. And remember, this is "Vol.1."

Not to mention, the distribution rights for the collection, and Delta will be handled by" Five Star Games." Plus, Metal Gear Solid Delta will feature the original voice cast.

It's about time people move on from the Hideo Kojima/MGS attachment though... What is hilarious to me, is he gets so much praise for these games, and when you really look at them with a fine-tooth comb, they're relentlessly meme territory games, with the exception of Snake Eater. The shit that goes on in his games and stories, are borderline parody.

I get that is sort of his schtick, but I never really saw him in this "God-like" lens that fans put him in; he's fine, but that's just me. The amount of times he reminds fans in his games, that he made "Policenauts" is a bit egregious at times... We get it Hideo lol.

What I really wanted from him was Zone of the Enders 3, which was in early development, but due to poor sales of the collection that was released, it was canned. Cannot wait for more news and rumors on Metal Gear Solid. I'm just happy we're here, talking about it again. Now, for some rations .
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 05-24-2023 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Does anyone know why they're calling the MGS3 remake Metal Gear Solid Δ? How are you supposed to pronounce that? Like "Metal Gear Solid Delta"?
    I found the answer to my own question from yesterday.

The Delta symbol (Δ) was chosen because its meaning fits the concept of the remake project.

Delta means "change" or "difference" without changing structure.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    MGS3 is the best game in the series that I've played all the way through, followed closely by MGS1.

I'm really curious about this Q handheld thing. It will really depend on what it costs.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Was nice to use my PS Vita for remote play on my PS4. The amount of people that had no idea you could even do that, is sad. I just couldn't help but crack up when they revealed that handheld, atrocity; I hate it.

And I'm glad someone found the tweet, because he has been trying to separate himself from MGS for a LONG TIME. I'm glad he is at least making what he has wanted to make for years on end, after creating his own studio.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This isn't anything new in the gaming universe lol... Take a breath. There are details I cannot share here, but this isn't the first time games have been announced, with little, to information attached to it, along with no gameplay. Yes, they "Could have" shown more, but why would they?

...games are announced via CGI trailers all the time. I get your hesitant feeling, but I cannot see them butchering a game of this magnitude, nor releasing the others capped at 720p resolution. I'm just happy I'll be able to play them on my PS5. Now, if they indeed add MGS4, and it is just a port... Yea, I'll be pissed lol.

The Master Collection will offer the HD Collection version of MGS 2 & 3. MGS 1 I can see being ran in an emulator, but rememeber, the version of MGS 1 that came with the legacy collection was just a digital copy from the PS3 library. And remember, this is "Vol.1."

Not to mention, the distribution rights for the collection, and Delta will be handled by" Five Star Games." Plus, Metal Gear Solid Delta will feature the original voice cast.

It's about time people move on from the Hideo Kojima/MGS attachment though... What is hilarious to me, is he gets so much praise for these games, and when you really look at them with a fine-tooth comb, they're relentlessly meme territory games, with the exception of Snake Eater. The shit that goes on in his games and stories, are borderline parody.

I get that is sort of his schtick, but I never really saw him in this "God-like" lens that fans put him in; he's fine, but that's just me. The amount of times he reminds fans in his games, that he made "Policenauts" is a bit egregious at times... We get it Hideo lol.

What I really wanted from him was Zone of the Enders 3, which was in early development, but due to poor sales of the collection that was released, it was canned. Cannot wait for more news and rumors on Metal Gear Solid. I'm just happy we're here, talking about it again. Now, for some rations .
    The "take a breath" thing feels a little needlessly condescending, considering how little I said, but alright. I only said I was a little cautious this early after the announcement. Sorry if that's like...not allowed. I've seen game announcements before...? I know how this process works. No need to talk to me like I've never seen a trailer before.

You may be surprised to learn that this is usually what I think when any teaser trailer for a new thing drops and has hardly anything to show - even for stuff I'd like. If a trailer is all CG, has no gameplay, no date, no names, no anything in it, and only a title...then yeah, I feel like I'm allowed to not be 100% sold on the trailer yet. I can be on the fence. I don't see what's wrong there. I just want to see more with my own eyes first before getting too excited. An MGS3 remake is no exception to that. I just manage my expectations before something is out, because I'd rather be surprised than disappointed. That's all.

Did I say this looks bad? No. Because it doesn't.
    Did I say I wasn't gonna buy it? No. Because I probably will, whether it lives up to expectations or not.
    Did I say I NEED Hideo Kojima to be involved for me to be interested? No. Because I don't. I only noticed that he wasn't. I even said that I'm happy to see MGS isn't dead anymore.

I'm happy Kojima's moved on and doing his own thing, too. Death Stranding is literally my favorite game. It's just a shame that the relationship with Konami/Metal Gear ended in such a way that the bridge is burned for good. But it's less that I specifically think "Kojima HAS to be involved with Metal Gear," and more that I generally think it's a toss-up when a franchise continues on without one of its primary creators. It could very well be perfectly fine. It could also be less than fine. But I don't know yet. You don't know yet. No one knows yet. Because it's not out, and we've seen two minutes of...well...nothing. It's simply too early to tell, for me. That's all. You're totally allowed to be as hype as you choose to be, but so am I.

All I wanted was the older games to be playable on new systems anyway, and we're getting that, so as far as I'm personally concerned, the remake is entirely secondary. But if it ends up looking good, then yeah, I'm gonna be getting it. Why wouldn't I?
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-29-2023 at 04:37 PM.