Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36
Results 1,051 to 1,073 of 1073

Thread: The Playstation Thread

  1. #1051
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,803
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Returnal is a LOT more repetitive than hades and with much less pay off. It's a significantly worse game.

  2. #1052
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,396
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Returnal is a LOT more repetitive than hades and with much less pay off. It's a significantly worse game.
    I was really liking Returnal at first, but the repetition really soured it for me.
    With Hades, at first I really didn't like it, but then it started to appeal to me. But after getting to the fight with Hades, and then having to go back, and realizing that the scripted dialogue basically expected you to lose the fight... I got kinda pissed.

  3. #1053
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,659
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The writing alone in Hades puts it up there for me. I had to take breaks from Returnal from getting burned out from long runs and then dying.

  4. #1054
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    The writing alone in Hades puts it up there for me. I had to take breaks from Returnal from getting burned out from long runs and then dying.
    Exactly why I took an indefinite hiatus from Returnal.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #1055
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,396
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    I guess I'm just not feeling the writing in Hades. It's not doing it for me. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not my thing, and I felt the same way about the narrator in Bastion. At this point the dialogue in Hades just feels like another aspect wasting my time, and I've been skipping it.

  6. #1056
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,659
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I guess I'm just not feeling the writing in Hades. It's not doing it for me. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not my thing, and I felt the same way about the narrator in Bastion. At this point the dialogue in Hades just feels like another aspect wasting my time, and I've been skipping it.
    Damn lol.. Bastion's narrator is one of my favorites. What kind do you usually prefer?

  7. #1057
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,396
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    I guess in that case I more just found his drawl annoying… and then I reached a point where it felt like the narrator and odd storytelling narrative was driving the hype more than the gameplay. At least in Hades I initially liked the combat, but just felt like it got way too repetitive.

  8. #1058
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,803
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Mileage for hades is totally based on how invested and/or impressed you are with it's narrative and it's narrative structures

  9. #1059
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,342
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Playing Deathloop and Returnal since I got a PS5. The latter is fun and challenging and I thought people were just whining online about the difficulty since I defeated Phrike after 3 attempts and 2 hours of gameplay from playing it the first time....then I got to the Crimson Wastes. Man that area is so difficult. I'm gonna be there for weeks or months at this rate.

  10. #1060
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,659
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Playing Deathloop and Returnal since I got a PS5. The latter is fun and challenging and I thought people were just whining online about the difficulty since I defeated Phrike after 3 attempts and 2 hours of gameplay from playing it the first time....then I got to the Crimson Wastes. Man that area is so difficult. I'm gonna be there for weeks or months at this rate.
    It feels very overwhelming once you reach the wastes, but once you git gud enough to power up in the first biome, the second is not that bad once you get the hang of the layout. I always have a hard time not trying to kill every little thing on screen, and sometimes that leads to my inevitable downfall. I did however beat the crimson boss faster than I did Phrike.

  11. #1061
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,396
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Mileage for hades is totally based on how invested and/or impressed you are with it's narrative and it's narrative structures

    and I think it’s not for me… the catty dialogue started off as cute, then got dull, then obnoxious for me. At this point I don’t think I’ve ever been less invested in a “story” than I am with this one. I can see what some people like here, but I think this company’s games just arent my thing.

    so, I’m going back to Tales of Arise and FF14

  12. #1062
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Downloaded the PS5 upgrade for Death Stranding on Friday and holy cow it’s even more beautiful. I’m excited to play it all over again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #1063
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,276
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'll find time to one day play Death Stranding...one day!

  14. #1064
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,659
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Bluepoint games is officially part of PS Studios!


  15. #1065
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,276
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    What i want to know is why did it take them so long to confirm this? Most people online have known about this for months!

  16. #1066
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,396
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    What i want to know is why did it take them so long to confirm this? Most people online have known about this for months!
    I assume it's because whatever this mystery project they've been hinting at (that's original, and not just a remake of a classic title) has impressed Sony brass upon unveiling it to them, and that this announcement lines up as a sort of hype stage. I would expect a "big announcement" from them in the next few weeks

  17. #1067
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,292
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Well we delayed the closure of the store on PS3 and Vita but now they're just going to cut off payment methods because of course they are.


  18. #1068
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,659
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just got the email yesterday morning... Way to make it even the slightest bit more inconvenient for us... Ffs.

  19. #1069
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,659
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just randomly searched for the official PS dualsense charging station, and found 2 left in stock at a local target! So surprised they even had any.

  20. #1070
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,600
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I kinda can't believe it, but I was finally lucky enough to get a PS5 through Sony Direct yesterday. I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow or Saturday – I got free 1-2 business day shipping with the purchase of an accessory (an extra controller). I've been adding the free monthly PS Plus games for PS5 to my library even though I didn't have a PS5 yet (you can do this with the mobile app since the PS4 doesn't seem to allow you to add PS5-only games) and I have bought several games that come with both the PS4 and PS5 versions, so I'll have several games to play right off the bat (Far Cry 6, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Death Stranding Director's Cut, to name a few), which is nice. Pretty pumped for it to get here...
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 10-21-2021 at 05:48 PM. Reason: typo!

  21. #1071
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I kinda can't believe it, but I was finally lucky enough to get a PS5 through Sony Direct yesterday. I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow or Saturday – I got free 1-2 business day shipping with the purchase of an accessory (an extra controller). I've been adding the free monthly PS Plus games for PS5 to my library enough though I didn't have a PS5 yet (you can do this with the mobile app since the PS4 doesn't seem to allow you to add PS5-only games) and I have bought several games that come with both the PS4 and PS5 versions, so I'll have several games to play right off the bat (Far Cry 6, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Death Stranding Director's Cut, to name a few), which is nice.
    Death Stranding Directors Cut, Spider Man Miles Morales, and most recently for me, Death Loop are ALL exceptional. So so good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #1072
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,600
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Death Stranding Directors Cut, Spider Man Miles Morales, and most recently for me, Death Loop are ALL exceptional. So so good.
    I'd heard good things about Death Loop. Is there another game you can compare it to? Perhaps I should go watch some game-play footage on YouTube. Other games I'll probably end up getting are Returnal, Elden Ring, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Maybe Dying Light 2 as well, since I have a few friends who will probably buy that one.

  23. #1073
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    The Playstation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'd heard good things about Death Loop. Is there another game you can compare it to? Perhaps I should go watch some game-play footage on YouTube. Other games I'll probably end up getting are Returnal, Elden Ring, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Maybe Dying Light 2 as well, since I have a few friends who will probably buy that one.
    Deathloop is like Returnal….in the sense that you repeat certain levels. I have both Deathloop and Returnal - but Deathloop is fun. The atmosphere and design of the game, along with the gunplay and story are awesome. YouTube TheRadBrad - his walkthrus will give you an awesome idea of what they’re about.

    For example - I just spent about 1.5 hours in a level in Deathloop - I accomplished the mission, killed my target, finished all objectives - but then got killed on the way out of the level - I lose everything I acquired and need to do it over - but this time with learned intel on how to take down the target and where to find goodies.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ItsChrisRoss; 10-21-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions