Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't know about that. I think it's an excuse for someone to crash a network. What was the excuse last time? These kids, and I call them kids because that's how they act (saw their twitter), are starved for attention. And they will make whatever excuse to justify whatever douchebag thing they do (fake bomb threats, sending swat teams to innocent people's homes, etc.). They're douchebags. Kids.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    the network is still down as of now

https://support.us.playstation.com/a...atus%3A-online

This is insane. Weren't you guys telling me that the ridiculous hack on Sony (and subsequent threat via implication of NK) couldn't be the squad that won't be named because they were taken down or something?

And yet, they threaten to take down PSN on Xmas, and they actually pull it off?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    the network is still down as of now

This is insane. Weren't you guys telling me that the ridiculous hack on Sony (and subsequent threat via implication of NK) couldn't be the squad that won't be named because they were taken down or something?

And yet, they threaten to take down PSN on Xmas, and they actually pull it off?
    Trolls? New members? A fake identity? There was never a confirmation that authorities arrested all members. Today could be a influx of new console owners setting up their stuff and some troll claimed it had been done by LS.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Seems that way. I read that another hacker group was going to stop them (spoiler: they didn't ). This whole thing is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Trolls? New members? A fake identity? There was never a confirmation that authorities arrested all members. Today could be a influx of new console owners setting up their stuff and some troll claimed it had been done by LS.
    I have an even harder time believing it was new members over Sony scheduling maintenance. Both Sony and Microsoft are keenly aware of how many consoles are projected in sales for Christmas. Clearly, only a portion of new owners and kids require new accounts, as many are previous generation owners with already existing accounts. However, their administrators do project expected system updates and downloads on those consoles combined with new members. Of course there will be higher traffic and perhaps some slow downs, but nothing a staff shouldn't prepared to handle without having to experience any prolonged service interruptions. A complete crash of your login servers over a large connection of farms is highly suspicious of an attack and your failure or capacity to ward it.
    Last edited by pulse; 12-25-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    I have an even harder time believing it was new members over Sony scheduling maintenance. Both Sony and Microsoft are keenly aware of how many consoles are projected in sales for Christmas. Clearly, only a portion of new owners and kids require new accounts, as many are previous generation owners with already existing accounts. However, their administrators do project expected system updates and downloads on those consoles combined with new members. Of course there will be higher traffic and perhaps some slow downs, but nothing a staff shouldn't prepared to handle without having to experience any prolonged service interruptions. A complete crash of your login servers over a large connection of farms is highly suspicious of an attack and your failure or capacity to ward it.
    Surely but I was just stating by how reliable a culprit can be to claim they took this down when there's no evidence and other factors like what I said might be at fault.

I'm inclined to believe the dickhead DDoS attack theory though, given how "cool" these morons think they are by fucking with people for no reason. My relaxation time tonight when Xbox Live has gone down again (12:34 am) is annoying me.

It's also sad to see this said idiot on twitter saying he wants retweets then they'll bring back up PSN and Xbox Live servers. Then whoring out so you follow their friends and affiliates. it's fucking retarded. They're losers. Empty, drone retweets by people and they don't deliver by bringing servers back up when they hit the 2k requested retweets anyways. So what's the point? Moronic.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-25-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I haven't played video games in years and decided to get back in the race and ended up getting a Playstation 4 for Christmas this year and had no clue at all about this threatened hack. All of this is really shocking that it was able to be taken down so fast.

Since I'm new to playing online too (have played online with friends, never had my own account) I needed to make a PSN account, but obviously couldn't get on all of yesterday. At 1 in the morning, I was actually able to get through a little bit of the sign up...but it kept saying there was an error connection when I would enter in original names I would try to make. However, it would allow me the chance to hit "next" if I chose one of it's generic name generators as opposed to the one I came up with. No clue if the name wasn't available or anything...since I knew PSN was giving people trouble still.

I'm at work (should've taken the day off from the office) until 3 or 5 today, so maybe that'll give it some time to regroup by the afternoon. Anyone still having trouble?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The US PSN status page says it's still down

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hopefully it's back by the time I get home. I have a feeling it won't be...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    The US PSN status page says it's still down

Oh duh on my part, didn't even realize that was posted on the page. Ugh. Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully they can get something up and running today. =/

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    For as long as it's taking for them to fix, it better be safeguarded.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    this is fucking insane

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm fine with it if they're taking precautions to avoid this from happening again, or as consistent. It sucks. But, I'd rather them take their time in order to keep everything working and safe.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm fine with it if they're taking precautions to avoid this from happening again, or as consistent. It sucks. But, I'd rather them take their time in order to keep everything working and safe.
    I don't even have any online games I want to be playing right now, I'm just astonished at how bad this is. To have your online network offline for all of Christmas and (so far) the day after?! You cannot fumble the ball harder than this.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Playing online is whatever. It's the fact that I'm locked out of all the games I bought on there. That's what's pissing me off about it.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    couldn't they simply stop this from happening by requiring captcha at login?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That would help. Not sure why they don't. Maybe it's difficult to use on consoles?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    To be fair, I feel for the people who have to stay at work and handle this during the holidays (if any - hell, maybe they let everyone go home). I can imagine that has to be a pretty shitty deal. I just hope all this gets resolved before too long.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    All I was able to do was watch dvds. That's what I'll probably do later as well. But yeah, has to suck to be their technical team.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    All I was able to do was watch dvds. That's what I'll probably do later as well.
    Heh, I came home from Christmas with the family today and just routinely turned on my PS3 to watch some Youtube/Netflix while I put stuff up and clean the place a bit, aaand couldn't do that...so I guess new movies and records will have to do for me, too! :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought it was strange that I didn't seem to be having any problems on my PS4 last night after about 9:30pm Hawaii time. I was able to see my online friends and download some dlc for Shadow of Mordor from the Playstation Store.

Regardless this sucks for everyone involved, really hoping this gets resolved soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone know exactly what the deal is with the White Playstation 4?

I really want a white one I don't know why and Best Buy is sold out everywhere because they sold all of them for 350 bucks this weekend. is it a Best Buy exclusive? Is it sold without Destiny? Will it ever come back? Should I stop being a loser and just buy one a black one with game for 350 also through best buy?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Dot-Yung View Post
    Does anyone know exactly what the deal is with the White Playstation 4?

I really want a white one I don't know why and Best Buy is sold out everywhere because they sold all of them for 350 bucks this weekend. is it a Best Buy exclusive? Is it sold without Destiny? Will it ever come back? Should I stop being a loser and just buy one a black one with game for 350 also through best buy?
    The white one is the "Limited Edition" Destiny bundle. I still see it every where but it probably won't last forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got (my son) The Crew for Christmas and I am really bummed that I haven't been able to play it yet.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    so apparently the only reason Xbox is live now is because Kim Dotcom (remember that guy?) "paid" the "hackers" with "thousands of free online storage accounts" to stop attacking Xbox Live... so he could play Destiny.

https://torrentfreak.com/kim-dotcom-...ttacks-141226/

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm not being an asshole but Sony needs to get their shit backed up, more secured and on a patrol watch to find issues. They keep getting fucked with since they refuse to address the past failures with these problems and morons keep exploiting them.
    If Kim Dotcom hadn't bargained with them to get Live back online, it would still be off too. It was equally vulnerable to the attack.

The only way to currently defend against random massive DDoS attacks is to acquire bandwidth that is absurdly high, and even then, the "hackers" can just double up their efforts. This is not an example of a company failing to "get their shit backed up."
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-27-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, I saw that... lifetime vouchers. But they say they will no longer attack psn and live. So who knows? On one hand he rewarded them something so he can play a game. On the brightside, maybe they're actually done. I have a hard time believing that though.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Yeah, I saw that... lifetime vouchers. But they say they will no longer attack psn and live. So who knows? On one hand he rewarded them something so he can play a game. On the brightside, maybe they're actually done. I have a hard time believing that though.
    If you read the transcript of their chat log, Kim's only interested in Xbox getting left alone. That's the only part of the bargain. Where did the-squad-that-shall-not-be-named say they would cease attacks on Sony?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Twitter. Was along the the lines of them no longer attacking and won't attack any more. And to thank mega. So maybe mega asked them to stop hitting psn as well. Just calling what I saw.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    arg, I do not want to visit their twitter page. Maybe the PSN is down now because they're looking into it.