Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Sexy Batman & Chums

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finally got around to watching this over the weekend and I really liked it. I honestly don't understand the amount of hate it gets. It wasn't the best superhero movie of all time but I thought it was very entertaining. Doomsday looked pretty terrible and Eisenberg sucked as Luthor but other than that I really have no complaints. Gonna buy the blu-ray eventually to see the extended cut.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's hardly the world's finest superhero movie (c wut i dd thur) but it's decent enough to deserve a better reputation than it's received. It does get pretty ridiculous, cartoony, and clumsily over-the-top towards the end, though. Wonder Woman kicking ass pretty much saves the ham-fisted final act, imho. Really looking forward to her solo film! Didn't really care before but I'm ALL IN now.

And the Ultimate Edition has a lot going for it, too. I can understand why they trimmed most of the extra stuff for runtime considerations since there's nothing really earth shattering or crucial missing from the theatrical cut, but it's still worth seeing that stuff and all the little extra tidbits and plot-threads really improve the overall experience of the movie.

My only real disappointment with the Ultimate Edition is that it comes bundled with the 3D blu-ray yet isn't actually in 3D itself.

:-\

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Man.

As much fun as the movie is in general and as much as I love 3D, it is almost PAINFUL to see how butchered and sloppily rushed the theatrical cut is now that I've seen the Ultimate Edition and better understand the greater framework of what SHOULD have been.

I totally get that they wanted to trim runtime to allow for more screenings per day...but GODDAMN they made some bad calls as far as what to trim, if ANYTHING, and WOW it sure bit them in the ass with critical reception and word-of-mouth.

The Ultimate Edition is SO MUCH BETTER.

Honestly, especially after Deadpool and The Hateful Eight, they should have just released BOTH cuts to theaters. Y'know, a PG-13 shorter cut for the general audience and the longer, R-rated cut for anyone who REALLY cares.

Willing to bet they would've had a MUCH better critical reception and made a LOT more money that way.

Goddamnit. PLEASE release the Ultimate Edition in 3D this Christmas or w/e.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Plz, pardon my triple-post...but this is TOO adorable to NOT share, lol.

I actually fell asleep watching Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice only to be awakened at dawn to wrangle an ACTUAL bat in the house!

My hostess and her two kids were absolutely PETRIFIED, but I knew better, so I just closed all the doors and made a path for it out of the house and that was pretty much that. It chilled by a doorway and everyone was eager to go to sleep so I had to put a glove on and catch it to release it outside but it escaped unharmed. All's well that ends well, right?

Funnily enough, I actually STARTED with the bonus features and didn't make it too far beyond that so one of the VERY last things I saw before passing out was the final bonus feature, about www.savethebats.org.

Apparently, they're dying off and now I need to force my dad to help me build some bat-habitats to accompany the birdfeeders surrounding the cabin we built together over the last decade or so.

Check it out! NO MATCH FOR MY SPIDER-MAN BEDSHEETS, lol.

'Nuff said.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i thought Batman vs Superman was going to suck, but both the wife and i thought it was pretty goddamn cool.
    i LIKED the darkness and moral ambiguity of the heroes.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I know it's not really ALL THAT, but in a weird way I kind of love this movie for everything it TRIED to do, at least. For all his faults, Zach Snyder definitely fucking BROUGHT IT when it mattered and laid the fanservice on THICK, y'know?

And, yeah. We already have PLENTY of happy-go-lucky comic book movies. It's pretty cool that this one went BALLS DEEP with the grimdark angle, especially the Ultimate Edition! And the morality play stuff was maybe kinda heavy-handed, but GODDAMNIT it worked.

This was a perfectly serviceable flick and it really doesn't deserve the hate it gets. Disappointment? Disinterest? Sure.

But not THAT much hate.

:-\

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    there should really never be any darkness or moral ambiguity to Superman. He's...Superman.

The fans have spoken loud & clear both with this movie and in the comics. We don't need some deep, dark introspection of the Superman character. When they do it, or try a "new take" on him, sales go down, or a movie is hated by most. Stop doing it with Superman. He's supposed to embody hope, and all that is good about us. Bring your deep character study to other characters...like say, what Nolan did kinda successfully with Batman.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 07-28-2016 at 12:45 AM.