Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexy Batman & Chums

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Sexy Batman & Chums

I haven't gotten to see "Man Of Steel" yet. I was never really a big Superman fan. But I do really wanna check it out, probably gonna be when it comes to rent on demand.
    Am I the only one who actually doesn't think the whole bringing Batman in is such a great idea? I mean, at least not so soon... feels kinda premature. I know that they're trying to get this Justice League movie going as quick as possible it seems.

But to me, Superman should have at least gotten a 2nd Superman dedicated movie or better yet... his own trilogy and the big reveal at the end of the third movie would be Batman getting involved and then continuing from there. Nolan gave Batman a great trilogy... I think Superman should be given his before throwing in another iconic superhero into the mix. If anything, I guess that I could let it go if Batman was introduced in the third Superman movie. But this just seems to soon. It's like, ok now you got Batman in the 2nd movie... where do we go from here? How do you follow that with a third Superman movie? Can there even be a third Superman movie now? Or is everything now Justice League full steam ahead???

But this little news tidbit is interesting to say the least and would be kinda epic...
    http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/ch...-batman/316403

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If Bryan Cranston or Christian Bale signed on for this new BM/SM movie, my nerd boner will reach new heights..

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post

Ben Affleck is now Batman.

Ben Affleck is DareDevil

Ben Affleck is BatDevil

Ben Affleck is Dareman

Ben Affleck is BatDevil

Ben Affleck is DevilBat

Ben Affleck is ManDare

Ben Affleck is ManDevil

Staring Matt Damon as Robin.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Interesting choice. Can't wait for the inevitability of the internet to forget they whined the same things about Ledger. In their defense however, the internet's general attention span is that of a small rodent.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Nothing against Affleck, but no.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ewwwww... My top choices for The Bat would have been Josh Brolin, Matthew Goode, and Ryan Gosling. They can play any role.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'd think Gosling would be a worse choice, actually since he seems to only have that Bronx affect in his voice (despite being Canadian). Josh Brolin on the other hand would have owned the role.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ugh, yeah something tells me Brolin would've slaaaaaaaayed in the role. Time will tell, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also have nothing against Ben Affleck, sure he's has a few hiccups acting wise but still, never was as bad as people made him up to be.

BUT NOT AS BATMAN, damn it! I teared up a bit for the wrong reasons when i read that.

So much potential has been lost on this. Sure, I'm not gonna say that I won't see this because I will, but damn it.

I will always say that Michael Fassbender as Bruce Wayne/Batman would have made my year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh man, of the choices we had, I was hoping for Brolin. This news about Affleck is an absolute joke. A horribly unfunny one. Urge to punch a random stranger in the face has risen.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    All the rumored choices were bad. The success of christian bale was in part because of his relative unknown status....

But this is a worst case scenario. Thats how long it takes to remove the cool from Batman: speak the phrase "Ben Afflek is playing Batman" a death sentence for its quality.

The best we can look forward to at this point is adam west level camp.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

"I'm Batman"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As if Man Of Steel didn't suck enough, this ensures I won't watch this shit.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm sorry. I like Ben Affleck. I think he should be commended for his work as a director and for redeeming himself after those bad movies he did in the early 200s but I don't see him as Batman. Sorry, I'm not down with that.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I can't help but think George Clooney.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    What in the what what what.

Don't get me wrong, I like Affleck too. He's turning into a great director. As an actor... Matt Damon always was the better actor of the bromance known as Matt&Ben.

I'm afraid he won't be able to hold his own in front of Henry Cavill.

I'll still see it, of course; I'll give this a fair chance but damn I'm afraid this will fail.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I read the news on Facebook, and I legitimately thought it was a joke. I expected some sort of meme to follow. I don't mind B.A., but not as The Dark Knight.

Count me as one who thinks Brolin would have been a great choice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm glad to see it. I've been a fan of Affleck since his early days with Kevin Smith. As long as the script is good, this will be a solid movie.

I straight up jacked this from this site, so . . . thanks to whoever made it

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    What I don't like about this primarily is that this attention to this bit of casting is going to take all the focus away from Superman, whether the movie does or not. Which could spell disaster in terms of word-of-mouth for the movie in the end.

If they did this for the third film, I could ease into that but it feels like they're showing their hand too early by doing this now.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 08-22-2013 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was one of the many that was upset about Ledger cast as the joker and we all know how that turned out. I happily ate crow. Having said that... Fuck Ben Affleck. Stay the hell away from the bat cave.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denim Chicken View Post
    I was one of the many that was upset about Ledger cast as the joker and we all know how that turned out. I happily ate crow.
    I was upset with it, too. Though looking back I couldn't tell you why. I saw him in that teen film, but I remembered much later how great he was in Monster's Ball.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was upset with it, too. Though looking back I couldn't tell you why. I saw him in that teen film, but I remembered much later how great he was in Monster's Ball.
    Yeah that one and Casanova was what I was thinking at the time. Haven't seen Monster's ball. But hey it worked out. Lots of people were clamoring for Karl Urban for batman which I think would have been pretty great. He nailed Dredd and that's a pretty similar role. Brolin would have been interesting too. Bah, oh well.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    They should totally do a Daredevil and Batman crossover movie now. That would be hilarious.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'd like to see Affleck direct the movie instead.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    And in this case it might help to remember how good Affleck was in Hollywoodland (in which he plays Superman, kind of). He's a good actor, and I'll be interested to see what he brings to the role.

With that said, there's only one Christian Bale. Good luck finding anyone so predatory and chameleonic as him, Ben certainly isn't.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    No good can come of this. Remember when Nicholas Cage was briefly cast as Superman back in the 90's? That was worse, but this is still pretty bad. I can't get the image of Affleck as "O'Bannion" in Dazed and Confused out of my head...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Rob Sheridan tweet about Affleck has the best hastag ever, it describes exactly how I feel.

#IActuallyLikeBenAffleckButComeOn

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    They should totally do a Daredevil and Batman crossover movie now. That would be hilarious.
    You're evil. I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    And in this case it might help to remember how good Affleck was in Hollywoodland (in which he plays Superman, kind of).
    You're making a great point and you're absolutely right. He was excellent in Hollywoodland, a movie that more people definitely should see. I really liked him also in The Town, now that I think about it.

When Ledger was cast as The Joker, I had a "huh?" moment but I knew he had it in him to pull it off. He was a gifted actor and it's tragic that we will never see his full potential. There was also a lot of backlash when Mark Ruffalo was cast as Bruce Banner and look how it turned out: he was one of the very best thing in The Avengers.

I still think Affleck is miscast though; Brolin would have been better but like I said, I'm willing to give him a chance. If only because of the terrible backlash he's being put through right now on the Net. It's just brutal and while having an opinion on his acting capabilities is one thing, personal attacks are another thing altogether.

Also: lol.