Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2014.07.24 - Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Had a shitty seat.

Moved closer right before the show started.

Still shitty.

Off to one side to the extreme and closer to the projection screen than anything else.

Lots of assholes in the way and fucking with me while filming and a near-constant stream of disinterested Soundgarden fans pushing past me the whole time.

Great show anyway.

Did the best I could in a shitty situation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @pwing47 - I was in row NN too. Section 204? You might have been the nice guys next to my husband and I.

I was so disappointed in my seats from a presale! I've never had tickets this shitty. I'm 5'1" also, so rows of tall beefy dudes all around me does NOT help. I can see better on a GA pit floor where I'm free to roam to various viewing points than being stuck in a seat like this. I can't even believe how far away I was (for that price!). Ugh.

I had surgery on the 21st; didn't think I'd be able to make it to the show 3 days later, but I did, mostly due to my paying $30 to park close for minimal walking. What a rip. I can't believe that these places charge to park in their far-away sketchy lots.

Despite the horrible venue/ticketing situation, the show itself was ok. Not my all-time favorite show for sure, but the fact that no one around me was really into the show certainly didn't help... (as opposed to people singing, pushing, and jumping in the pit), so I felt dumb if I clapped along even and did half of the stupid stuff the normal crowd does when we're up close. I wondered where all the NIN folk were, and I felt lonely. Boo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artgirl9 View Post
    @pwing47 - I was in row NN too. Section 204? You might have been the nice guys next to my husband and I.
    Yep, 204. Haha, I'd like to think we fit the description of nice guys, so it's quite possible. We were Seats 6-8, if that means anything.

Sorry to hear your show was somewhat mediocre, much like mine.

I was relatively disappointed also, but I had very very low expectations and decided to make the best of it. For me, this was right after seeing them at Planet Hollywood and then at Red Rocks (very great venues, and all from rows 3-6), so this one was a MAJOR dropoff in quality for me.

Yeah, it was hard to see, since it's not a very steep venue :/ I was rocking out pretty hard, but not 100% like the other shows. Probably since I was just so far away, felt restricted by the seats/people at this particular venue, and like you mentioned, there weren't a ton of others around going all-out. It was a great show, but I didn't feel the raw excitement and rush of energy, compared to being in/near the pit. Seemed to me like everyone was pretty tame compared to me and my buddies; made for a very different dynamic compared to what I prefer.

The first show in Vegas is when I decided that I will rock out to the best of my ability and not get hung up on what others are/aren't doing, even if no one around me is doing so (was surrounded there by SG fans who merely stuck around to watch after "their" set). I'm usually quite self-conscious about that kinda stuff, but NIN is able to strip that part of my brain away for 90 mins

All in all, I'm glad I went. Was able to line up 7 shows for myself this tour, and the experience at each has been a little bit different so far. Maybe see ya at a show in the future, if Trent ever comes back to Chicago

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    It really sucks to hear how relatively shitty everyone's experience seemed to be at this show.

For my part, I'm still digging through my footage to isolate the least-unwatchable stuff.

This isn't a particularly good example since it's so murky-looking and has two momentary sound glitches from people knocking into my mic while shoving past me, but it's next-in-line after my last upload and it's (quasi-) pro-shot and SOUNDS decent, at least.

Plus, you know...it's that one song.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I had a good time at this show. Also it was the first nin show for my then girlfriend\ now wife. Made her a fan.