Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2014.07.22 - Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2014.07.22 - Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre

Red Rocks 2

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Wasnt planning on seeing this one, but after last night i decided to look for any decent tickets and grabbed one this morning. So glad i did. Where last night started ou funky. Tonight came out straight up ROCK. Totally different show although most of the songs were the same. I'll write more wheni get out of this parking lot and to a real keyboard.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Oh gosh oh gosh!! *breathes heavily*

I'm still waiting to leave the parking lot so take my addled overjoyed brain dump.

Somewhat Damaged
    Wish
    MOTP
    REPTILE BITCHES *cough*
    Terrible Lie
    Closer
    Burn
    Gave Up
    Sanctified
    Me I'm Not
    Find My Way
    The Great Destroyer *happy squeee*
    Eraser
    Only
    THTF
    HLAH
    Hurt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do not know what just happened. When he did not start with Copy of A...I just took a deep breathe and said "get ready, this is not last nights show"

No..it was not last nights show. It was the best NIN show I have ever, or will ever see.

Magic. Pure fucking magic. Looking back into the crowd from the front during HLAH was hypnotizing.

Walking away with guitar pick and an entire portion of my bucket list crossed the fuck off

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Amazing energy right from the beginning and they carried it all the way to the end. Actually reminded me of the second show at the Fillmore from the With Teeth club tour back in 2005 where they followed up a good show with a super aggressive start to the set. Trent even seemed to break up a little at the end of Hurt like he had left it all out there tonight.

The crowd was really alive tonight as well. They definitely responded more to Soundgarden than last night.

Highlights for me were Burn and Trent's thingamajig solo at the end of The Great Destroyer.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I admit, I doubted you Trent, I was nervous that we'd just get a repeat of the Night 1/Vegas setlist... but what a difference a day makes. Just a few different songs actually but a different opener and an aggressive reordering made it a much different show. INTENSE from the first gun, with Ilan behind the full kit for the entire half of the set. They still borrowed some of the silhouetting tricks from "Copy of A" for the SD opener - can we call it "Somewhat of A Copy"? Reptile looked fantastic with the current lighting rig (and yes, it's still green). After the aggro start was a string of the mellower and synthier tracks, with 4 tracks using the giant-video-wall of connected screens. The remainder was mostly according to plan, which is great because it'd be a shame to cut Eraser and I am never tired of Only (unlike some people). A really fantastic show that once again reaffirms my faith in Nine Inch Nails!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themethatyouknow View Post
    Trent even seemed to break up a little at the end of Hurt like he had left it all out there tonight.
    We saw this also. At first we thought he was just "into it".....but then we felt it and realized there was something special happening. Something happened for us also. I have felt a lot of feelings during shows over the years...but I have never felt that kind of emotion and sincerity. I was crying so hard at the end that even this morning I am choking up just thinking about it. This was not a reaction to an emotionally powerful song. This was me in the center of row 4 finding purpose to my life, and watching Trent do the same.

Hello airport
    Hello Omaha
    Hello life.

It is good to be alive..

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't have enough words to accurately describe last night's performance.

I knew something was up once the stage change over was finished and Ilan’s kit wasn’t hidden and the equipment for “copy of a” wasn’t waiting in the wings. Then, TR saunters out and all bets were off. Honestly, this was the perfect complement to the previous night's performance. I really like how they were able to play with the stage space and retain the same production elements, but have it feel like a different show.

Not sure if it was the elevation or not being packed in a pit with a rail to keep me balanced, but I got a little disoriented by the pulsing strobe lights during "wish" and had a weird sensation with the red/blue flashing whilst head-banging during "gave up."

Anyhow, I was damn pleased by these back-to-back shows and I'm interested to see how this leg of the tour will evolve as they wrap up this touring cycle. Once I get home, I'll update with some pics. *edit* Too lazy to post separate links: https://www.flickr.com/photos/slobass/tags/ninsg/
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 08-24-2014 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Picture pages, picture pages, time to get your picture pages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know this is only for attendees of Red Rocks but I'm going to the show on Saturday and just wanted to know what time Soundgarden and NIN came on and long how in between bands? I'm guessing the opener plays no more than 30 mins since SG & NIN are playing long set lists. Thanks so much! This is going to be a LONG show so I just wanted to plan my night (drink/food breaks, bathroom runs, etc).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arbstar View Post
    just wanted to know what time Soundgarden and NIN came on and long how in between bands?
    Have been at the first three shows so far, and if I recall correctly it's been like this pretty consistently:

OPN @ 7 (or whatever the show starts). He goes for about 25 mins.
    SG @ 7:40. Maybe 25-30 mins break afterwards.
    NIN @ roughly 9:30 I think. Haven't really been paying attention to time at that point because I'm too busy being excited about Trent walking onstage at any second.

I'm guessing tonight will go until around 11.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Was there both night for the Fillmore shows as well, totally agree with your correlation. Same exact thing. Wish was just second instead of first this time around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's are some links to 'Eraser' that I filmed from the second row (which is actually pretty much the FIRST row at Red Rocks because the true "first row" is on the very bottom, non elevated level, as well as 'Me, I'm Not' from the first night at Red Rocks from row 7. ENJOY!!!
    'Eraser' 7.22.14

'Me, I'm Not' 7.21.14
    Last edited by Brock; 07-24-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh, and one more...

'The Great Destroyer' 7.22.14

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    Have been at the first three shows so far, and if I recall correctly it's been like this pretty consistently:

NIN @ roughly 9:30 I think. Haven't really been paying attention to time at that point because I'm too busy being excited about Trent walking onstage at any second.

Thank you so much!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post

That's correct. I'll add that SG finished up at around 9:05 PM on both nights at Red Rocks.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Someone was asking about The Presence...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wch1208 View Post
    It was the best NIN show I have ever, or will ever see.
    I'm with you there. Was sitting in row 2 and everything was amazing, Red Rocks/Colorado is gorgeous - perfect place for a show. 10th show at that. Ha, almost like a mirror experience, was able to get a pick from Cortini's side and managed to grab the Jermaine Rogers print. Also talked to a couple people at the show, and on the flight back home. Didn't catch if they were forum members, though (was nice meeting you all!)

Er... I'm terrible at taking pictures, this was the only "half-way decent" picture I managed to get: